Would you go to a cuddle party?

[Deleted User]Carespirit (deleted user)

Would you consider going to a cuddle party?
Take the poll and tell me how it would all work at your snuggle party...

1. Would you go to a cuddle party?178 votes
    1. Absolutely
      44.94%
    2. Sounds fun, so probably.
      26.97%
    3. I don't know, maybe
      17.98%
    4. No way Jose!
      10.11%

Comments

• Doesn't have a lot of appeal to me. For me one of the great things about cuddling is giving and receiving full attention. If I wanted to navigate a complex social situation with a couple dozen different people, I would just... do almost anything else.

• I have before and it’s a LOT of fun!!!🤗

• If it was purely just cuddling - hell to the yeah. But I would be worried I would be walking into an unsafe situation where I'm expected to do sexual acts, or coerced to. It would have to be with a trusted group of cuddlers but in theory it sounds amazing!

• [Deleted User]squeakytoy (deleted user)

I wouldn't want to do it if it was a public group, with people I didn't know well (I'd have concerns about boundary pushing, having to navigate uncomfortable situations, etc). I might consider it if it was a small group of cuddly people who I knew really well. Otherwise I prefer my cuddles to be one-on-one :)

• @willoww @squeakytoy Each cuddle party has a facilitator (mine was a trained pro cuddler). The facilitator discuss boundaries and the limits are practiced prior to actual cuddling. Speaking up and getting a clear yes are emphasized. I have never seen a boundary pusher at the cuddle party but if it were to happen the leader kicks them out. Cuddle parties are wonderful!!!🤗

• Pandemic or not cuddle parties aren't appealing to me

• I don't think I would go, maybe if it was only people I knew. I see it as more of a private time and a quiet time, as I like to doze off while in a tight cuddle. And some times we chat for a little while and I would not want to feel if talking it may interfere with anyone's quiet time. If hosting, I always have my sound machine, rain or creek sounds, what if someone was listening to hard rock music, it just would not be for me.

• I selected absolutely because I have been to 2 cuddle parties. I did enjoy them, but they were much different than I expected. In my experience cuddle parties feel much safer than meeting 1 on 1. Also there was a facilitator who helped ease everyone in. You don’t have to cuddle with anyone you don’t want to, and I have only cuddled with 1 or two people while at each the cuddle party, so it wasn’t like I had to cuddle with the whole group. I think this may be a good option for people who find it hard to find someone to cuddle with, especially if it’s a good facilitator and they explicitly state it’s non sexual.

• [Deleted User]squeakytoy (deleted user)

@SuperManCuddles @saltwaterlover Hmm! I knew there were facilitators in cuddle parties, but I had no idea they took unambiguous consent so seriously. I really like that. I might rethink my stance on cuddle parties. Well... at least, when Covid's a thing of the past. :sweat_smile:

• @squeakytoy, I think you would enjoy it and find it to be a beautiful way of connecting with other people in a safe environment. I have been to 4 or 5 myself, with two different facilitators. My experience was different with the two different facilitators, and my first cuddle party was a little nerve-wracking going in, because I tend to be introverted. All in all I learned a lot about myself, and I especially appreciate the consent exercise at the beginning, which sets a tone of respect right at the start.

• I’ve already been to and hosted cuddle parties. It can be wonderful with the right people. I have friends who used to host them pretty regularly where we’d have anywhere from a dozen to over two dozen people. At my place it was smaller, four to eight people. We knew each other and everyone knew the boundaries. We would put air mattresses on the floor & cover them over in blankets, comforters, and lots of pillows. We’d watch a movie together all piled together like kittens in a basket. I loved it.

Personally, I feel a lot more comfortable with that than being alone with one single person, usually a guy, and no one else. With others around there’s a lot less possibility that it’s going to get weird.

With the vaccine out, I’m hoping we can eventually resume them.

• I love a cuddle party, both the formal ones with facilitators and the casual ones i do within my friend group

• Nope. Too many people. I'll get shy and quiet. Introvert kicks in.

• In the UK we call them cuddle workshops, which is a more descriptive name. Boundaries are taken very seriously indeed, and there is considerable space and support offered to those who find touch difficult.

Here's an example of one (obviously they haven't been happening during the pandemic) to give you an idea of how a good one works.

https://www.cuddleworkshop.co.uk/

There are others, including one run by an active member on this site (although not active in the forum). If you're in the UK and interested PM me and I'll put you in touch.

• I've been to a few cuddle parties and they are very save and more educational than actual one on one cuddle sessions. You ususally have 1 or 2 trained pro cuddlers (facilitators) who take the lead and guide you through the cuddle party. If someone oversteps they get kicked out. I actually must say that the fact of other people being around watching, makes it more safe because your cuddle partner is more likely to behave and don't try anything sexual since boundaries and rules are clearly communicated at the beginning of the session.
    I'm actually actively looking for another cuddle party, I haven't been on any since Covid, which is understandable.

• I am very curious to try one and might consider hosting them one day.

• I really want to go to an official Cuddle Party, and like @xandriarain I'd love to host one day when I'm able to have a proper location in place, as well as the Cuddle Party training. I'm very introverted, so if I do go to one now that I'm in Ontario, I'm probably going to take the first few parties just doing something by myself until I can get a feel for the room. The best part about Cuddle Party is that you don't need to do anything you don't want to. Some people just go to have a great time lounging around, or journaling, or any other sorts of activities that fall within the realm of platonic.

• I definitely would

• The Polyamory group in Los Angeles put on a very nice group cuddle and I managed to organize a few in Fresno out of the local Fetlife members. Its worth it if all the members are aware of boundaries and the proper way to negotiate.

@xandriarain Cuddle Sanctuary out of Los Angeles puts on seminars on how to organize them. Give them a try.

• I would love to go to a cuddle party someday.

• Are there any cuddle party groups near Durham NC.?

• [Deleted User]admirer97_ (deleted user)

Has anyone ever incorporated pets into a cuddle party? I have stayed in relationships just so I could keep cuddling with their puppy. 🐶
    Are cuddle parties like CC where the majority of participants are men?

• I'd try it.

• I’ll go to one.

• I love to go to one ! Hopefully with more people getting vaccinated more and more it’ll be possible in the near future again 😌

• Never. I'm not comfortable in groups. I'd be afraid no-one would want to cuddle with me.

• [Deleted User]PastelPink (deleted user)

I didn't even know such things existed :0
    Would love to attend one but that surely is not the kind of thing we have in my area :')

• I've done so several times. They are certainly different from one on one sessions, but they are fun. I find that the dynamic helps me to practice social skills that are useful elsewhere.

• For sure! That's how I actually got involved with the cuddle community and this site before professional cuddling was a thing. Then they stopped happening, so I needed another outlet and found CC.

Are cuddle parties still a thing, or has this taken their place?