Cancellations

Have yall ever had a potential client "run a background check" on you and then cancel your booking at the last minute only to tell you that you are a fake account? Unbelievable lmao I would love to see these results telling me I'm not a real person (moderators definitely delete if not allowed, this is a genuine question but i can see how it could come off as a complaint lol)

Comments

• edited March 2021

Oh uhh..I wouldn't give my personal info to any client here. They don't need to know where I live, work, social media, etc. Please be careful.

Meet in a public space prior to doing a session
    if you need to prove you're real but pease don't give out personal identifying information to anyone here. You don't know them, just as they don't know you.
    I'd much prefer someone cancel a session over them having access to my private information.

• By the same token, every woman should do their own “background check” on themselves... I recommend everyone Google their own user name from this site and see what comes up. We as humans tend to repeat our online personas and reuse handles and emails, and I think some people would be shocked about what easily comes up with just that one-step probe. The next step is to Google your phone number. (You’re not giving your real phone number to clients, right?) I realized that my real phone number used to pull up my academic CV, which literally lists every job I’ve ever had plus all my significant colleagues and mentors.

I recently read a horror story about a pro cuddler from this site being stalked and the offender was able to google around a bit and even find her parents’ address and phone number and was calling and harassing them too.

Tldr: figure out what he was responding too and be sure you’re in control of what information people can get about you out there.

• I appreciate that this is not a thread for me and this post is a little off topic but bear with me .... following your advice @BellaSera I googled my username. The first result was my CC profile, hardly a surprise. But the fourth result was a gem....

http://oabunnies.blogspot.com/2020/02/duncan-5yrs-hampshire.html

@SunInSeattle that just sounds like another way for a creep to harass people.

• edited March 2021

The only info he had was my username here and my whatsapp username (which are two different usernames because who uses the same user for everything? maybe thats literally why he thought it was fake lol) So no worries i do not give out personal info. He booked a video chat with me and theres no "virtual" option on this site so I had to use whatsapp because I feel like skype or facebook messenger would be wayyyyy too dangerous to let a stranger have access to

• @CuddleDuncan, pleeeeeasse tell me that is you and that you foster elderly bunnies! If you don’t, I think you should take it as a sign and start 💗

@SunInSeattle, is your WhatsApp not tied to your real phone number? I never use WhatsApp or FaceTime for this reason—I have anonymous/business-only Accounts on Skype, Snapchat, Zoom, and Hangouts that I use for virtual sessions. I have read about ways to circumvent FaceTime’s and WhatsApp’s need for a real phone number, but it seems like a lot of trouble.

• edited March 2021

Apologies for the potential hijack of the cancelation topic, by the way, @SunInSeattle.

I have never had a potential client cancel after a “background check,” (whatever that means), but I have had clients call me fake after a voice verification on Snapchat or Skype (some clients want a live voice memo to prove you’re really a woman before they pay, and I guess my voice sounded too “professional?”).

I try to be understanding. There are a lot of women out there scamming men online and even more men pretending to be women. That feeling of getting duped is really damaging for guys who are already potentially having mixed feelings about paying for a service like cuddling. Sometimes I will offer to logon to the video service and talk a few moments before they pay. Or I’ll offer to take a verification photo to their specification. Sometimes being willing to jump through a few hoops can help build a fun rapport and show someone that you’re on their team, as long as the “contest” is kept light hearted. That said, I have a high tolerance for these kinds of shenanigans compared to other women. There is absolutely nothing wrong with just telling someone who asks for too much and still can’t trust you to pound sand.

• I absolutely blocked and reported him after offering to show him my literal ID on camera (with everything but my name covered) and he just continued insulting me (our chat was only ever text, no video haha i'm kinda glad)

• For further clarification, he did not see my ID at all, i only offered to show him and he refused lol

• @BellaSera this bit definitely sounds like me..... =)

Duncan .... is a kind, gentle boy. He takes everything in his stride and loves a cuddle. Duncan is well-behaved and doesn’t seem energetic enough to dig, jump or escape – he’d much rather have a snooze in the sun!

• @SunInSeattle, sounds like you dodged a bullet. Sorry that was a crappy experience.

• edited April 2021

I find that an easy way to resolve this issue is to simply do a video chat before confirming the session. That way they can see that you’re the same person in your pictures.