Theme Song.

[Deleted User]DarkLordChungus (deleted user)

An eldritch entity has bestowed upon you, dear reader, a unique ability; any song of your choice will play when you've become entrenched in a cuddle. Alternatively, a song will play upon embracing your favorite cuddler, partner, friend, etc. The choice is yours.

What song would adequately capture your joy in that moment? Or, perhaps, what song would reflect your relationship with said person?

As for myself, the song that would play upon cuddling my favorite person would be "He Is", by Ghost.

Comments

• [Deleted User]DarkLordChungus (deleted user)

@Sideon

Sorry for bothering you , but can you murder this thread? I was in a sentimental mood, and clearly, I'm not very good at writing overly positive posts that prove to be compelling in any way, shape, or form.

• It’s not you @DarkLordChungus. I just couldn’t think of a good hype song that would apply to whatever mood I was in at any one time. I actually think this is a very good idea for a thread. I look forward to seeing some great answers.

• I'm not in a thread killing mood, sorry @DarkLordChungus . I agree with @Funcartel - I think this is a great thread idea.

You've given me a lot to ponder. I'm poring through song lists and will return.

• edited April 2021

I would say prob a toss up

• [Deleted User]squeakytoy (deleted user)
    edited April 2021

I'm glad this isn't being deleted! @DarkLordChungus I thought it was a good idea for a post too, I just wanted to give some thought to the song I'd choose. I think this one captures the happiness of getting a hug for me, and just the enjoyment of human connection in general, at least in tone :relaxed:

Oh! I thank everyone for their input! I feel less stupid and useless now!

@DarkLordChungus

Keep the posts coming!

• Hozier is a shared love between me and my favorite cuddler...

• I have been so very fortunate to find two cuddle partners that I can platonically sleep with, pour out my broken heart with, and LAUGH with. This whole thing has helped me so much with recovering from the loss of my marriage.

Wow... all these songs together would actually make a really nice Spotify cuddle playlist :open_mouth:

• edited April 2021

My god I can’t make up my mind!

• edited April 2021

Omgosh!!! @DarkLordChungus I am so thankful the mods said NO to the deleting of this thread. SUCH a fabulous idea!!! I’m with @squeakytoy on this one..... so many fun and interesting song choices. Mr. Dark Lord that was such an intriguing selection and it really moved me.... it seems like maybe some German words? Very very compelling and I think I’m going to say beautiful if you don’t mind. 😊

Music is such a close thing to my heart. I have a million Spotify playlists and it definitely needs to be the right choice for the cuddle you are with. Words/no words/some crazy AC/DC /melancholy coffee house music..... hmmmm ONE Fav that comes to mind is this one....

“If I lay here, will you lie with me and JUST FORGET THE WORLD!”

• @sillysassy - looking like we are twinning.

• TRUTH!!! I love Snow Patrol!! 😊

Here's another fav... I love outdoor snuggles.... sunrise.... sunset.... no MATTER!!!

• @DarkLordChungus I have a question..... because I'm sort of clueless...

This is what I found from the oracle.... What do you mean when you say Eldritch Entity... Thank you for helping me learn things I don't know.... :)
    https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AwrE195cuXRgP98AvWZXNyoA;_ylu=Y29sbwNiZjEEcG9zAzIEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Nj?p=eldritch+entity&fr=mcafee

edited April 2021

@sillysassy

My usage of "eldritch entity" was meant to conjure images of beings like Cthulhu or Hastur; creatures outside of space and time that, to humanity, appear as gods.

• I cannot decide, so here are a few.

Lagan, by Afro Celt Sound System.

Head First, by Goldfrapp.

And Perfect World, by Broken Bells
    particularly the lyrics:

"Though we know it's over
    It keeps exploding
    Every morning when we rise"

Enjoy.

Thanks for the great idea, @DarkLordChungus .

• Definitely "Powerful" ... fantastic for cuddle dancing too

• edited April 2021

Indigo Girls:

• edited April 2021

Summertime by George Gershwin.

• @Sideon NICE!!!! Those are some fabulous choices!! I'm going to have to modify a few playlists over here. :)

Thank you @DarkLordChungus now I have a better clarity..... :) LOVECRAFT!

• [Deleted User]creedhands (deleted user)
    edited April 2021

Bubbly by Colbie Caillat and Happy by Pharrell Williams

• oooooooohhhhhhh @creedhands YES!!!! BOTH of those!!!! :)

and this one got me today..... by Canyon City

"Hold me tight, hold me tight Hold me tight, just say we'll be ok"

• Any soft music from John Denver or Neil Diamond but this one is my favorite

• edited May 2021

Ok, my cuddle peeps, because @squeakytoy said it, here you have it:
    Yes, @DarkLordChungus , it's called DarkLord cuddlelist

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0aZSZVPALGN7QcaTTzH0Fb?si=dfCsoTmPT7awFdhCVl7VPg&utm_source=copy-link&dl_branch=1

Except for Summertime. I tracked down the original movie of Porgy & Bess, couple years ago, because I love it, so included that version instead.

A couple others, used the artist's preferred version. (Spotify is artists uploading their own music)

@MaullySterling Lovely!! Thank you so much for this!! :relaxed:

• Look again. I edited the album cover. A bit out of focus, but resolution sucked