If there was an Animal Cuddle Comfort 🐵

edited June 2021 in General

I'd be so stoked!!

Might even be an easier way (or at least a fun way) to meet other cuddlers... yes?

Lol ~ Search Fields...

Species:
Cow
Horse
Pig
Goat
Human
Dog
Cat
Chicken
Bunny
Other

I'd select 'other' and hope for an elephant match.

How about you?

Comments

• Sounds very very fun!!! 🦒😁

• edited June 2021

...💞🐘...

• I’m super stoked @quixotic_life
    Where do we sign up???
    I snuggle with my cuddle bug all day long some days he gets tired of me and will shake it off & walk away 😂😂

• I agree! 😊

• aww!
    checkout these cuddlers

• [Deleted User]CandyL (deleted user)

I can offer duck cuddling. I have a very cuddly huge duck! My chickens can be pretty cuddly too!

• [Deleted User]DarkLordChungus (deleted user)

I think it would be neat if more humans left animals alone. It doesn't need to be even easier for us to use lesser beasts as crutches for our deficiencies

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

@DarkLordChungus: Humans are animals. And animals eat other animals, pet other animals, and snuggle with other animals—or, at least, mammals do those last two. Cuddling is a very mammal thing.

Not to mention that the whole "lesser" category is nothing more than a bit of human ego-boosting based on an entirely human assessment of what's "greater" to begin with: animals are animals, and it's a fair bet that each species places itself above all others in some way... even as they cuddle them.

• edited June 2021

Oh man @DarkLordChungus ~ My pupper wholeheartedly disagrees with you!! Just pulling into the driveway it starts. She sends herself i to a frenzy of yappy yelps and spins, then jumps into my arms whether I'm ready to catch her or not. The cats come to investigate the commotion but kind of have this annoyed look of, "Why do you allow this nonsense?" Then walk away until ready for scritches.

Plus, at this point of domestication, leaving them alone would be cruel. And they're free to run off and make new lives for themselves any time. They just choose not to.

• Squeeee! @DarrenWalker ~ That pic is everything!!! 💓

• [Deleted User]DarkLordChungus (deleted user)

@quixotic_life

You're anthropomorphizing a dog, a species of creature that has been unnaturally selected for thousands of years by humanity to be subservient.

• @DarkLordChungus my puppercino disagrees with you and agrees with @quixotic_life s they would make great buddies🥰 Also elephant snuggles are so so so nice! I was lucky to get one at the elephant orphanage in Kandy Sri Lanka eons ago.

• @DarkLordChungus First of all, typing your user name slays me every time! "At Dark Lor..." and then it auto fills ~ lol

Second, YES! Exactly!! She goes freaking mental because she's insanely anxious (at least that's my interpretation). I don't know if she "loves" me as much as she's dependant on me. And who knows what cat's are really thinking. Whatever the case, if I were to die in here, I'm sure they'd all slowly consume what they could of me until the stench became too much, and then they'd either go full feral or find another to depend on.

But yeah, due to the breeding, manipulation, dependency, etc. I think it would be cruel to just "leave animals alone" at this point.

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)
    edited June 2021

@quixotic_life: If you like that, google "capybara cuddling." There are loads of pictures! Capybaras are very popular, apparently.

...Uh... on another note....

Non-human animals can't really consent to things, on account of not having human brains. How much one wants to ignore that intrinsic lack of capacity for consensual interaction—well, it varies. (Don't follow that link if you're at work!)

Some people are more comfortable around creatures who can't give informed consent than others.

Different cultures draw the line in different places.

• More capybara cuddling! (I'm sure I've shared these links before, but I think they're worth seeing again.)

Capybara+human: https://www.reddit.com/r/aww/comments/a4i158/i_got_to_snuggle_with_a_capybara/

Capybara+cat:

• edited June 2021

Ack! 🤯 @DarrenWalker ~ WTH???!!! My person is sitting next to me and knew exactly what that would be and was laughing at my being so shocked (and at how nieve I can be) I didn't make it beyond the title and first line (definitely not okay ~ bad human!)

::addition::
    Okay... my curiosity got the better of me. The interview portion is flippin nuts and that he tried with devices first is so crazy to me! It means that there's a market for all that! Like people make them and people buy them (and not ironically). Just wow! I had no idea any of this existed.

Sorry to those who my reaction and comments offend. I just don't know what to make of this and since what I thought was happening isn't, but is still in the WTF realm for me... I just don't know...
    Mr. Walker ~ You broke my brain!!

• @quixotic_life you forgot to add sloth😭
    Anyone here loves sloths as much as I do? The Hattiesburg zoo offers a sloth experience….. it is absofuckinglutely amazing!!!
    This is my friend she spent the day hugging a sloth 🤩🥰

• @Melomaniac9 Cute ~ There used to be a "Sloth Sanctuary" out here where you could have a sleep over with them, but they were shut down. Based on tbe reports, it's prob for the best... but still...

• @quixotic_life I'm guessing the sloths were not being pampered as they were supposed to? Sometimes humans forget to be kind🤯
    Then I’m glad they were shut down.
    I did find a picture of this pupper Norbu who loves to hug his bear🥰
    So this is my pupper intermission for today!

• I know there is a business in sending stuffed animals around the world with other people before returning them back. Could be nice to have real animals to hug and do this with too. They turn into cuddle travelers :)

• I wish there were one for cats!!

• @Amortentia thats a really good idea!
    But would it not stress the cuddle companion too much?
    We could always go cuddle the furry four legged creatures that love unconditionally at our local
    Shelters! Could we not?

• There is goat yoga so why not animal cuddles. I say go for it.

• Kittens ❤❤❤

• What if we threw an animals welcome cuddle event!! We'd then have to respect the animal boundaries. The animals would get dibs on whoever they want to cuddle. I'm in.

• edited June 2021

@RebeccaKe, @MxSmith although I can't bring you an actual cat, but I can send you a virtual one:

• Ok. I'd pay that. Its in Brooklyn!! Who is joining me?

• @MxSmith yes,I like that, when will it happen?

• @MxSmith Have you ever been to a cat cafe? That's a more affordable option, I'm trying to go to one soon actually :) You go in and order coffee and sit and hang out with the kitties, it's wonderful! and @teddybear512 what a cute little baby!

• edited June 2021

@RebeccaKe I had watched few videos on fb n youtube about a cat cafe, or cat island in other countries, but have never realized there is/are one in the US, especially in nyc before.