I have a question.

Comments

• edited July 2021

@CuddleWho because it's not all about men - women do not owe you their touch just because you don't proposition them for sex and are willing to talk to them. Also it is very un-empathetic to compare not being touched with sexual harassment like they equally "suck".

Yes, in an ideal world everyone would have a cuddle partner and no one would be sexually harrased. But we don't live in an ideal world, and your desire for women to touch you does not exist in a vacuum apart from the rampant sexual harassment of women.

• edited July 2021

@desi_babe

women do not owe you their touch just because you don't proposition them for sex and are willing to talk to them

I disagree; women are legally required to do exactly what I want at all times. Because that's 100% the point I was making.

Also it is very un-empathetic to compare not being touched with sexual harassment like they equally "suck".

Who made such a comparison?

This thread is about Problem A. A few other people have come in and started bringing up Problem B and deflecting attention to it instead of Problem A. Maybe Problem B is far worse, maybe it makes Problem A look like peanuts in comparison... but so what? What does it have to do with the topic of this thread? People are only bringing up Problem B out of a lack of empathy for Problem A.

• edited July 2021

@OhioMike

You say you are /were willing to put in time and that’s key but a few months …joining in March during a pandemic on top of that ,

I first joined this site in early 2019 on a different account. I've been here a while. That said, I moved on from trying to cuddle non-pros a long time ago. Zero interest in that now.

• @CuddleWho yeah time here is different for everyone. I know I have messaged people here for one or even two years before actually meeting. So many variables including time in meeting people. I guess what I’m saying is it did work in my case but I like to think I’m somewhat patient on this site and met many wonderful people. But again it’s challenging 🧐

• This thread is about Problem A.

No it wasn't.

Maybe Problem B is far worse....What does it have to do with the topic of this thread? People are only bringing up Problem B out of a lack of empathy for Problem A.

You are continuing to ignore my point:

we don't live in an ideal world, and your desire for women to touch you does not exist in a vacuum

• [Deleted User]Moxytocin (deleted user)

@cuddlewho problem A and problem B do not exist in their own separate vacuums. They are very much interrelated. I initially wanted to help men who are lacking touch in their lives (I had heard about this as a profession before ever looking into just "enthusiast" cuddling). If you read my profile, I really have empathized with men but I've become extremely jaded on this site.

• edited July 2021

problem A and problem B do not exist in their own separate vacuums

I've never sexually harassed anyone. I've discussed the issue of unwanted sexual advances with probably 40 or 50 pro cuddlers, and the majority of them don't seem to find it nearly as much of a problem as what seems to be the common opinion on this forum. In fact, quite a few seem to think it's almost a complete nonissue [although to be clear that opinion is definitely not universal, I have talked to cuddlers who find it to be a big problem]. Moreover, I've certainly received sexual advances from cuddlers on this site, so this is by no means something only women deal with.

Unwanted sexual advances are a problem. I just don't buy that they're the root cause of men's struggle to find platonic affection, and I think casting them as such is an attempt to make it seem like all men's problems are somehow their own fault.

• This is off-topic but @CuddleWho have you reached out to Cindy Lou Who? She is more than old enough to cuddle now.

• @FunCartel I see the Grinch reference but I think I'm missing the joke...

• No joke. Just saying Cindy Lou Who is the who who CuddleWho should cuddle.

• Oh I see. I'm dumb.

• @CuddleWho Why do you say that?

• Just a self deprecating remark because I didn't get why the name Cindy Lou Who was relevant to me.

• @CuddleWho Relax, just a play on words.

• Uh... Who's not relaxed?

• Well calling yourself dumb is generally not a claim a relaxed individual makes after an innocuous post.

• Whatever.

• Wow. Ok. @desi_babe good luck getting a straight answer out of this one.

• edited July 2021

Holy shit. What do you want from me? You made a joke. I didn't get it. You explained. I replied in a silly self-deprecating manner since I didn't get the joke. And... apparently that's not the right thing to do? You didn't like that for some reason? I have no idea what you're expecting here or why the hell you're on my case. Just drop it man.

• @CuddleWho ~ Breathe in and exhale fully...
    It's all okay. Really. We all have our challenges and issues and it's okay to not be able to fully appreciate another's plight ~ We aren't them.

Nobody is saying your issue doesn't exist. Clearly it does, and it does for many. It seems though, that people feel a need to educate you as to the underlying reason you found yourself in this common predicament, instead of leaving or just validating it.

Equally unfortunate, is that everyone is right and it's a repetitious, chicken/egg, issue. I think @OhioMike is right... Patience is one key, another is perseverance, another empathy, humility, etc. It's a heavily reinforced structure to access. There are those who seem to either have all the keys, or found a lesser known [more open] path in. But that's only for some...

Perhaps considering all the feedback as another lock to open, may help...? Not to say you're still trying to get in, but to suggest that having the option to go, should you so choose, could be behind this door.

• @quixotic_life

people feel a need to educate you as to the underlying reason you found yourself in this common predicament, instead of leaving or just validating it.

I know why I found myself "in this predicament." It has little or nothing to do with unwanted sexual advances. As I said before, that's just an attempt to blame men for something that is at the end of the day not really anyone's fault.

or just validating it

Right, so apparently it's now a good thing that women on this forum refuse to validate men's experiences. Nice.

• BTW, next time someone on this forum tells me to "relax" or "breathe" I actually am going to get pissed.

• [Deleted User]DarkLordChungus (deleted user)

@CuddleWho

Chill, man. Take a deep breath. Relax.

• [Deleted User]CharlesThePoet (deleted user)

@DarkLordChungus

Is that really needed, or kind, or in any way helpful?

Why bully someone?

• Um... @CuddleWho ... please reread my run-on sentence...

"It seems though, that people feel a need to educate you as to the underlying reason you found yourself in this common predicament, instead of leaving or just validating it."

"it" being your predicament or circumstances.

I'm not sure how you got to...

"Right, so apparently it's now a good thing that women on this forum refuse to validate men's experiences. Nice."

Because what I was saying was, it's unfortunate when they don't.

Anyway, sorry to contribute to any "pissed" feelings, but, sheesh! You're really coming in hot here. So maybe... just maybe, consider taking a break, do something nice for yourself, watch some cute animal videos... IDK... whatever it is you need to do to calm down before you post again. It's only a suggestion. I've certainly received my fair share of them, so just paying it forward. 💁‍♀️

• [Deleted User]DarkLordChungus (deleted user)
    edited July 2021

@CharlesThePoet

I'm not trying to be helpful. From what I've gleaned of this thread, @CuddleWho seems to have a very simple—and common—problem. One point in particular assures me of my assessment:

"As I said before, that's just an attempt to blame men for something that is at the end of the day not really anyone's fault."

Here's what I've deduced, given the above example and various other posts, including the "don't tell me to relax" bit, which is absurd and childish:

Flagged, reviewed. Personal attack removed. -squeakytoy

• @DarkLordChungus ~ It's not nice to poke bears or kick bees. No-no ~ Mustn't do!

Dang it! Where's the hands on hips, tapping foot, parental type emoji? Harumph! I guess this will have to do...

☝🤨

• [Deleted User]CharlesThePoet (deleted user)
    edited July 2021

@DarkLordChungus

I neither agree nor disagree with your statement, or opinion.

But, taking your premise at face value, is attacking an asshole in any way productive or useful?

Unless your intent is to cause a kerfuffle and have this otherwise interesting thread closed…

At any rate, you will as you will.

Good luck.

• edited July 2021

“Why bully someone? “. Here? On the forum threads? I guess the answer currently is that they can. The most that can be done is they get banned , change and start a new profile and bully again and again. It’s unfortunate and it does bother people. Like it was mentioned before , you can and even I have taken breaks for months from forums, but when you return it’s still here. And it’s just not this thread currently. There are many examples on here. I’m not saying I’m accepting of it just over time I have become more resigned to it ☹️

This discussion has been locked.