Sharing Our Experiences/Hopes to:

2»

Comments

• edited September 2021

Looks like me search for a cuddle partner is over lol:

On a serious note, I went out to do a bit of *sightseeing. Then my mood went from like 35% good to now about 80% good. Hopefully it'll last for a few days or at least hours. :P ☺️

• Hoping it lasts for a lifetime 🌌 huggzzz

• @Lovelight - haven’t read all the comments so excuse me if what I am saying is redundant:
    I started volunteering at a rabbit shelter as a way to get out in a safe way, get some focus, and be useful. It’s been a great experience for me. I had mixed feelings about adopting a rabbit when I started, I wasn’t sure I wanted the responsibility, but then one stole my heart and insisted I take her home. I did. But even without a rabbit, I would love working there. We have so many bunnies, they are so beautiful and sweet, so fun to watch. And a rabbit shelter is quiet, rabbits don’t bark.

Wherever you end up, I hope you enjoy it. I feel like I’m doing something useful by helping to keep the shelter going. We’re all volunteers and our commitment is to educating people about rabbits, both to try to reduce the number that end up in shelters and to make sure that when people do have rabbits they understand proper care for them.

The isolation has been rough for me. Working at the shelter has been one of the ways in which I have tried to cope.

• @cuddles_ndream If how I feel now was the default, that would've been fantastic lol. Thanks, I guess emotions are like plants or babies in need of constantly tending to. I've some gaming planned and possibly another sightseeing soon. :)

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/mood-food

@Babichev For sure, for now I do some virtual volunteering/exchanging skills. Looking forward to when I can volunteer in person at an animal shelter. Or possibly this too: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thestar.com/amp/life/2019/09/19/volunteer-baby-cuddlers-help-calm-premature-infants-in-toronto-hospitals.html ☺️

• I have a wife, dogs, 40 employees, a boy bestie, a girl bestie, I volunteer, have hobbies go to therapy but no matter what I do, there’s always a feeling of loneliness that never permanently goes away.

• @Lovelight so cool! hope you have a blast : )

I clicked on the link for the mood lifting foods, & trust me, all that healthy food will boost my mood down 😅😂 (ty for that I really appreciate it)

@Morpheus many will read your comment & think - wow!! he’s living the dream … what could possibly be off? … & although I have soo many questions, I’m glad you shared that with us really, ty … hoping that void is filled.

• @Morpheus You're lucky to have all that and I'm glad you do. I can imagine you'd feel 10x worse if you didn't. As for continuing to feel loneliness, striving to use healthy distractions are in the meantime my bandaids to cope with those pesky feelings.

• edited September 2021

Cuddle therapy is best discovery in my life is like i come out from the darkness into lights. cuddle therapy made me change my mind about hell life.amazing thing. it relifed my pains forget worries and sadness also. my therapy I'm always negative and complaining to her about my life. she coughed me slipping. Ali why you stopped being negative i forgot even hell exists which is my greatest fear in my existence.

• It’s ok to feel lonely at times. The absence of someone else helps appreciate the times you have with a specific someone or others in general. Those lonely times can also be perfect times for self care or self awareness through meditation. You may come out more rejuvenated from that experience.

• @blisscuddles %100 correct sometimes self isolate it's meditation. It was on a ferry Sunny day ☀️ looking at the ocean, watch birds fly and hunt,watch their movements character.looking at the sky it was really great. similar to going to the park looking at the green and nature. is proven by scientist and mentioned in religions. I don't want someone to come up and say misleading informations 🤗 ☝️☝️☝️no no no go and do some research .

• edited September 2021

I've seen a couple of people, mainly men, express their frustration on CC of not finding what they seek. While some of them do so respectfully. Unfortunately some express disdain and entitlement to those who reject them simply due to incompatibilities: such as one being a pro (paid cuddler) and the other unwilling/unable to pay. Or what have you. Which ain't a good look bruh. Yet I've mustard enough strength to try to look beyond the rage, in hopes that I can help pull others a bit out of that rot. Disclaimer: I'm by no means a counselor or a coach. So if you think you have serious mental/emotional unrest, etc., I encourage you to seek professional help.

All the while they exercise their freedom to have their own criterias such as only wanting to cuddle with a specific sex and whatnot.

Disclaimer:

I'm neither a man nor you. So no, I don't know as deeply what men in general go through. Much less what other individuals are going through.

However, I have a general understanding of the human struggle. Along with experiencing similar issues myself. So with that, I am writing this in hopes that my experience will be of benefit to y'all.

The fact of the matter is, we all have our own desires, comfort and wants. It is best we respect the criterias of others even if it excludes us. Especially given we also have the freedom to set our own criterias, however broad or not.

Ideally we would all be compatible or find those we are compatible at the snap of a finger. Not to mention money would grow on trees. Though we are imperfect beings with varying limitations, navigating an imperfect life and world. Moreover many of us are striving to keep our sanity and dignity, all the while trying to experience as much happiness as we can.

A bit about my background:

Because of this, that and the other, I've essentially experienced loneliness for about at least 10 years, especially in terms of not getting the mutually caring platonic touch I desire. Which the pandemic no doubt has exacerbated.

Recently I felt one of the worst feelings of loneliness of my life with a wave of excruciating pain. However, I did not and will not point fingers at the people who have or will reject me for whatever reason they wish to. And no, I do not want pity in any shape or form. Instead I take the moment to think "Gawd dammit this is a horrible feeling! I wish life wasn't like this." Followed by "what can I do to feel better?". From there, I reached out to a person or two, with the understanding that my feeling better should not and would not be dependant on whether or not things worked out with them. And most of all, that I was not going to give someone the time of day who doesn't come to me with respect and consideration for my comfort and safety. Then I continued to look more into the means that were feasibly accessible to me to help alleviate that pain. After doing this and that, and utilizing a few of the methods mentioned in this thread, I began to feel better.

None of this is intended to replace an actual cuddle. **The point of this post is to encourage not only the development/maintainance of a healthier, growth mindset and preserverance. Though to also find your way of easing the pain you feel and supplement cuddling.

Which is part of the reason I started this post, because my feeling okay can not depend on having success with finding compatible platonic cuddle partners, for instance. Thus I need to metaphorically speaking, have/muster the strength to cultivate my own 2021 Honda CR-V. Or at least Canyon Spectral:ON CF 9. So that I treat others as adding to my happiness if/when I have success with finding the right people for me. Hence it becomes like an upgrade of say drifting in a Ferrari to a destination with beautiful scenery. And if or when that Ferrari breaks down, I would still have my sweet self to fall back on and take me to said destination.

• @Lovelight ~ That's both resonating and beautiful. Thank you for sharing something so personal with us.

I especially appreciate this framing...

I do not want pity in any shape or form. Instead I take the moment to think "Gawd dammit this is a horrible feeling! I wish life wasn't like this." Followed by "what can I do to feel better?".

🫂

• @Lovelight I wish I was literated so that I can write beautiful words as you did, people also read you great comments so they can learn from your words and experiences.

• @Lovelight Its commendable how you have used your will and desire to take steps on your own to work through things that life threw at you. Having that self awareness and strength helps with being able to better connect with empathy and care and build bonds that benefit you and others. 👏👏

• @quixotic_life , @blisscuddles Thanks, glad it was beneficial for y'all.

@Ahmedali999 With a few exceptions aside, my main focus especially nowadays is to connect with locals. Though thanks for the compliment and offer.

• edited October 2021

I got to have breakfast with my bfs yesterday. 😌

Edit: Actually upon a little research they appear to be German Yellowjackets. 😅

"Often mistaken for bees, German yellow jackets belong to a group of social wasps that cooperate to build and defend their queen and colony, according to UW–Madison entomologist Robert Jeanne. ... Yellow jackets are aggressive when threatened. Unlike a honeybee, which stings only once, a yellow jacket can sting repeatedly.Sep. 21, 2000"

https://news.wisc.edu/researchers-study-yellow-jacket-behavior/

• I’ve been gone for a while (9-5 work related) glad to be back. I’ve missed this. 😌

• Welcome back @Tranquilescape glad to have you back 😄

• @Lovelight great research on your German yellowjackets. your facts are correct. Interesting note is that early in year they are more social with each other and share a colony. As weather gets colder the queen kicks out the workers to overwinter herself in the nest Then start all over next year. . The poor workers ( all female ) then are left to fend on their own. Also interesting is that early in season they are more protein driven in diet, like eating other insects. This time of year their diet turns to more sweets and that's why they love your soda cans so much!. Interesting creatures! Keep those lids on your trash cans!! :)

• @Tranquilescape Welcome back. 😌

@OhioMike For sure! I've been been learning a thing or two about them the past day or two. I plan to keep doing that for another day or so, that's how much they fascinate me. I even daydreamt a bit about having my own bee or wasp pets. Though it wouldn't be practical for me, at least in the near future. And their rather short lifespan made me somewhat sad. On a positive note, one of my goals is to try to meet some bees asap. Butterflies also pique my interest and I hope to have them land on me. 😍

So far I've had wasps, pigeons and a squirrel land on me. Granted the later was only for a few seconds and it startled me. It just came out of 'nowhere' and landed on my head as though it were a runway. Luckily I was wearing a hat. 😅

• @Lovelight the social insects like bees are really interesting. There are solitary wasps out there also. Have you seen the organ pipe looking nests? Those are the solitary wasps. Just like people, some stinging insects are social and some are more solitary. I wouldn't recommend cuddling them though lol!

• edited October 2021

@OhioMike fine... I guess I'll have to settle for a couple of these stuffed bees:

Though maybe someday I'll be able to get to Norman Gray's level of expertise* and quite possibly bravery.

I don't suppose I've seen any solitary wasps. Looking forward to learning about them sometime and possibly having a friendly meeting with them. 😌

• And your Lord inspired the bees: “Make ˹your˺ homes in the mountains, the trees, and in what people construct,

and feed from ˹the flower of˺ any fruit ˹you please˺ and follow the ways your Lord has made easy for you.” From their bellies comes forth liquid of varying colours, in which there is healing for people. Surely in this is a sign for those who reflect.

• edited October 2021

Oct, 15th: I got to achieve my goal of encountering bees, they were so cute. I'm gonna name the one in the picture and probably all the others: Chubby Cutie. 😂

They've not landed on me yet, cause they must've been as busy as a bee to notice this gentle 'giant'. 😅

• Soon after, I found a seemingly struggling Monarch butterfly in the middle of like nowhere. I will name him Lucky Victory. * Lucky feeding on a watermelon for a bit, that I poked a few holes in for him. Whilst I researched a bit more on how to help make his time with us more pleasant:

So I took care of Lucky for a bit. Then found him a better spot to help shield him from the rain and wind:

To top it off, I had a pretty good hug, in my dream. Soon after followed by a pleasant cuddle session with someone, for the first time in 3 months since my last. 😌

I also got to take a nice walk in nature, watch the leafs fall, meditated a bit and got to see cute tiny birds. 😍

• @Lovelight ~ You are the bees knees!!

And how cute is that watermelon setting for your butterfly friend?! 🥰