What’s the best way to get people attracted to your profile ?thoughts?

Being outgoing is one way, but what are some others

Comments

• edited August 2021

Well, of course posting in the forum like this should get you some views. 😉

I have used my blog (a domain I registered specifically for my cuddling practice), Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Tumblr to put my profile out there, and I’m active on this site and in the forums, and it still doesn’t get a lot of views. There’s just not much interest in male pros (or even male cuddlers in general), unfortunately. I wish you the very best, though! I would be happy for you to beat the odds. 💪

• Have a few photos and smile :-) people wanna see a happy positive person.
    Mention your interests! The more broad the better, of course you can list some more offbeat ones it make sure it’s nothing that would scare anyone 😂😂
    Also a few words to describe yourself, positive all the way. Don’t lie of course, but everyone wants to meet and be with a happy person or have a positive time.
    Good Luck!

• edited August 2021

Having a great profile picture. One that shows you in a happy or inviting state.

Not having an extremely lengthy profile is also one. While being detailed is important, I find it easier to cover important points in my bio and explaining anything else when directly asked. But that’s a personal preference.

I also enjoy sending a greeting to my visitors. Wishing them a good day and if they ever become interested in booking, that that door is unlocked. :)

• Username "freepizzaforall" if that doesn't attract at least half the world's population, I don't know what will.

On a serious note, having a questionable or ucky username is an easy way for people to run the other direction.

• @plushdoll "Not having an extremely length profile is also one. While being detailed is important, I find it easier to cover important points in my bio and explaining anything else when directly asked. But that’s a personal preference."

Yes, especially considering how many incompatible peoples' profiles we need to go through. It adds up, so being concise helps. Plus that helps people feel at ease knowing they have just enough to ask for more. Though not too many of the basics and what seems to be all about the person, that they feel there's nothing to break the ice.

• @Lovelight What do you mean by “Though not too many of the basics and what seems to be all about the person, that they feel there's nothing to break the ice”?

• @Lovelight - now I REALLY want to change my username.

• This is an awesome thread with some great ideas!! And did someone say free pizza ?! 😜

• edited August 2021

@nurturingman For example, going too much into details about one's hobbies. I've seen lengthy profiles where about half of it is just about one's hobbies. Instead of perhaps just mentioning a hobby or two specifically that one is passionate about and making a few of the other mentions broad. Quite broad "I like movies and music." Which could easily spark being asked "Nice, what types do you like?"

Or "I like comedy and pop music. I also enjoy playing sports such as soccer and going running."

Point being, I think a profile isn't really meant to tell your whole life story or so much about you. And if it's quite lengthy and the more of those we get, the more people who are really just gonna go to the next. Besides with people going through so many profiles and not knowing who they will mutually match with: odds are the chunk of text isn't really gonna be remembered, unless the person gets to know you overtime in more meaningful ways: eg. one on one conversations and the more their level of we seem to really be connecting goes up, the more likelihood they'll remember a good deal about you.

I think with online interactions being a thing nowadays, I'd say there are about 3 stages of breaking the ice:

• Profile gives a glimpse into who we are.
    • Video calling: gives a bit more.
    • Ongoing one on one conversations, particularly in person, generally * allow us to know more and more about each other.

• Participating in the forums for sure!

Also, visiting other's profiles may get them to check yours (another reasoning for having a good user name and profile pic)!

But to show in more people's searches, which may also up your visits (a profile pic and user name also go along way here!), try opening up your filters too...
    Cuddles: Everyone
    Ages: -5 (under) to +10 (over) on whatever a reasonable range is for you
    Etc.
    The more you limit your own preferences, the more you limit potential visitors.

Good luck!! 😁

• @Lovelight Thanks. I always wonder if my profile is too long. If you have any feedback for me, I would welcome a DM so as not to detail this thread. 😇

• edited August 2021

The first is to clear about what you are trying to achieve. At the moment, @rayellis55, my feeling is that you are not. For instance, the opening post of the thread does not relate very well to the title. And how does 'being outgoing' - which is a character trait, or a behaviour pattern, attract people to your profile?

I suspect you really have three questions:

1) How do I persuade people who are looking at my account icon to click on it?

2) How do I get people who have opened my profile to read it?

3) Having read my profile, what do I want people to do next, and how do I best achieve that?

If we start with the first one, there are two ways that people can arrive at your account icon:

a) Looking at a post of yours in the forum

b) Finding you in Filter results

The answer to a) lies more in the content of your posts than than anything, so we'll leave it for now. The answer to b) is to consider what the potential clicker is presented with.

Filter results give five items of information:

Location - You get to choose this from a list. Many people will have no meaningful choice, but if you do it will almost certainly make a difference.

Distance - There isn't much you can do about this

Age - Just be the age your target market is looking for. Easy! :#

Username - I don't recall seeing any serious research on this. Anecdotally, the key point is not to put people off. In other words, even a really good name won't attract that many extra people, but a really poor one will put off a lot. If I remember rightly you get one chance to change your username, so think carefully and don't rush in to anything.

Photo - By far the most important thing. The big takeaway here is that if you are a man trying to attract women then smiling is a disaster. (You have successfully avoided that, which is good.) For women trying to attract men, it's the other way around - smiling is good. Many people will be looking at your picture on a phone, and so the composition is pretty straightforward - there isn't space for more than a head and shoulders shot. I would suggest cropping all of your photos down to a head and shoulders version, and experiment to see which work best. What should be in the rest of your photo set I have covered in the sticky on the Professional Board.

@Healing_Hugs is a particularly successful profile, and you should learn as much as you can from it. 22 Karma in three months is impressive. Of course there are many others, and you should learn from them all.

• "The big takeaway here is that if you are a man trying to attract women then smiling is a disaster."

WTH?? Yeah, go with a non-friendly/non-inviting expression ~ The ladies love that!!
    🙄😒

• @quixotic_life i had a cuddler tell me she thought I was uptight because my photos didn’t really have me smiling, but said upon meeting I was fun! So I changed it so I’m smiling more.

• edited August 2021

@quixotic_life I'm not joking. There have been numerous studies. Think about models and magazine covers.

Looking at something off camera, with an expression that might be described as haughty or proud, achieves the highest click rate.

Remember that this is a statistical point: this is what gathers the most clicks. I'm pretty confident it's not the best way to get you to click!

• I have to agree with @quixotic_life on this. I could care less about studies because for every study that says A there is a study that says B. I even saw a study not too long ago that stated men should not cuddle women after sex. See how that goes over in real life. Studies are often bought and paid for by entities that have a vested interest in the outcome and I suspect some of the researchers have spent so much time in a lab they forgot how to smile.

My point is this—I kind of do what I find most women like—and smiling is one of them. I am not the best at smiling and I get the nudge all the time to smile more, so I put in the work. The women in my life that I know or meet are far more authoritative than any study in my opinion. I have never had a woman say “stop smiling it burns!” Those studies on models and how men should act to attract women are one of the biggest problems out there. They distort reality into an impossible construct, when the answer—the woman right in front of you—is there all along.

• edited August 2021

I don’t believe those studies apply here, @CuddleDuncan . It sounds dogmatic to tell men that smiling is a disaster, especially when the women here keep telling you they disagree.

PS. I looked up the profile you recommended, @Healing_Hugs , and it is of a woman who is smiling. How can a male pro learn from that when you’re telling them that smiling is a disaster? And of course she has 22 karma‘s – she’s a woman! 🤪 Yes, I know that there are men here who have gotten a lot of positive karma reviews, but you just can’t compare a male pro to a female pro. 🍎≠🍊

• @CuddleDuncan ~ Models tend not to smile because they aren't selling themselves or their personalities. They're there to sell the products being advertised by making those look good resulting in clicks.

The ones that are smiling tend to be marketing an overall image or feeling the company wants you to associate with them. But again, it's not about the model.

Whether I'd click or not isn't the question. Overall, most people are more likely to click on those who show a positive personality when considering someone's to potentially spend time with.

• I appreciate that you all are trying to help but the unfortunate fact is that every reply to this post after @nurturingman 's is kind of a waste of time.

There is no more than a teensy tiny market for male pros. No matter what you do to your profile. Men are abundant, women are scarce. Therefore people will pay to spend time with women but not with men.

It's like opening up a stand on the roadside to sell air, and carefully researching the best marketing methods and figuring out what people like about air, and how to be a better salesperson... none of it matters because nobody's going to pay for air when there's more than you could ever breathe available for free!

That said, on the topic of men smiling: I actually am fairly convinced that women are more likely to be sexually attracted to a non-smiling man. But that doesn't really matter here. You're not trying to be as sexually attractive as possible on this site, you're trying to look like a safe, pleasant, and cuddly person. So yeah, smiling is good.

• edited August 2021

@CuddleDuncan "If I remember rightly you get one chance to change your username, so think carefully and don't rush in to anything."

Having checked recently, it's once a year.

@rayellis55

"Well look no further, you found the perfect cuddle buddy, nice warm muscular body to give you the comfort you need. I have excellent communication skills so the experience will feel very normal and regular for you. Give me a chance, you’ll never regret it."

Not sure what words to describe that... though I'd suggest toning it down. You wanna let people know you're cool. Though not in an "I am the best!" kinda way. Let them really be the judge of whether or not you're cool to* them.

"Cuddles Women
    Can be Guest

Smokes 420"

I see a coupe of limiting things there. Like I mentioned to another user, people feel all kinds of ways about smoking. If you especially intend to do this professionally * and be more successful *, you're gonna want to appeal to more people. Not saying you've to. Though by not being a smoker AND more or less accepting others whether or not they smoke, you increase your chances.

Now since it is weed that you smoke, I think you may be in luck in that you can consider switching to edibles and just make sure it is outta your system before cuddling with someone you don't know much or their views on it. As it may also interfere with consent as another member pointed out clearly.

Next your "can be" is only guest... if you can host too or at least be public, you help your chances. Especially in a time where people may be more likely to avoid being with others in enclosed space. Or not want to be in doors for whatever reasons.

Next your prefered days and times. Says "Preferred Days Sun, Mon, Tue
    Preferred Times Evening, Night"

I take it most people are available to socialize during the weekend and women in particular, may be more likely to feel safer getting to know someone during the afternoon to evening. So there may be a bit to be improved there too, to be more appealing to the masses. I get that you may not be able to make all these changes. Though just do what you can or keep them in mind when you're able to.

• PS. If someone is cuddling professionally, they probably shouldn't be high on the job anyway.

• [Deleted User]CharlesThePoet (deleted user)

Apparently the key is to have a wilting airplane as your only profile picture.

I guess, if you squint, that plane is smiling...

:p

I honestly have no clue how much of a difference, in a positive way, a man's profile picture can make. The best you can hope for is to avoid a disastrous profile picture, like a mugshot.

I suppose a posed shot of you cuddling a baby, a puppy, and your grandmother with a background of a flowing stream and grassy green banks would be good.

• Yes I agree with @Lovelight your purpose is to supply a service that requires u to be fully aware of someone needs and being high will interrupt that process 😁

• edited August 2021

@CharlesThePoet Nope I get comments from passerby’s on the plane. Those that I want to cuddle or who say they are interested get a pic of me in the first message.

• @CuddleWho - for every thread about male pros, your blanket and repetitive argument/response is that male pros are "a waste of time" and not viable.

Maybe for you. You're not a pro.

These suggestions on this thread reflect community responses and ways and means that DO work for them. Mileage may vary per person and their efforts, not based on your edict and opinion. Let them do their thing and you do yours.

• edited August 2021

@CharlesThePoet

"I suppose a posed shot of you cuddling a baby, a puppy, and your grandmother with a background of a flowing stream and grassy green banks would be good."

lol. 😌

@nurturingman sure, you can message. I will try to help sometime. Though I am limited in how much I can help improve professional cuddler* profiles, because I am not and never been a professional cuddler. Though I take it a professional cuddler* profile (especially during the pandemic) will and is expected be lengthier* than the unwritten generally recommended length for enthusiasts.

• edited August 2021

@Sideon

These suggestions on this thread reflect community responses and ways and means that DO work for them.

Uh. But they don't work. There are a grand total of two male pros in this thread and neither of them has ever had a paying client (unless possibly @nurturingman has had a client since the last time he mentioned he has never had a client).

If a successful male pro who gets regular clients wanted to comment on what worked for him, that would be great! But for some mysterious reason that never happens.

Maybe for you. You're not a pro.

Neither are the large majority of people who commented on this post.

Let them do their thing and you do yours.

If others can give advice and comment on this topic, so can I. My remarks are not cruel or harsh, they simply reflect reality.

• @CuddleWho - they don't work for you. Again, you complain about YOUR reality constantly. You're welcome to your opinion, but I'm not going to see it plastered every time a male pro wants advice. If you have issues with this, take up in PM with me.

• I've thought about this question quite a bit. I wish I could design my cc profile like a webpage so I could include graphics. I've thought about incorporating a video saying hello so people can kind of feel my vibe. I've noticed a lot of pros do these kind of packages for long cuddles .. which i've thought about but I'm not quite sold on yet. I wish I could advertise things like "The Ultimate Comfort Evening package" which includes comfort food, 90's movies, soft blankets and of course cuddles. Or maybe event specific, for example - Christmas. I'm always free during the holidays and I'd love to put that out there. Bottom line is, I think creativity and personality is what people are attracted to, but its not always easy to know how to convey that.