Flakiness and Cancellation policies

Hi y'all, this is a question about what your policy as a professional cuddler is for cancelled appointments? I have mine set up that sessions need to be requested 24 hours in advance  and cancellation must occur two hours before our scheduled time or they are responsible for a 50% cancellation fee.

However, I've been finding that folks will cancel on short notice and if they were paying cash there isn't anything to really hold them accountable for the fee and the fact that a paying client with intent to follow through could have been scheduled instead. So I'm contemplating changing my policy to pre-paying online and cancellation must occur 12 hours in advance. I put a lot of time and consideration into preparing my cuddle environment for each client, so it gets a bit frustrating when it feels they are disrespecting the fact that I am conducting a business with guidelines for mutual respect. 

Comments

• [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    I've had to cancel at the last minute with a couple girls and I felt horrible about it. If I were in a professionals shoes, I would probably give clients one free pass but after the second cancel if you've never met them before, they should probably be black listed. 
  • [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)
    @Sweetandsnug - Pre-payment makes sense as does a 50% cancellation fee.  When I freelanced as an artist I required 50% of the total payment upfront before any work began.  It weeded out those who might waste my time.  I'm sure some people prefer to pay by cash for cuddling services so it's a tough spot but I don't think asking for 50% upfront is out of the question.

I agree with Morpheus. Maybe one free pass then...NO SOUP FOR YOU.
  • There's on pro who cancels last minute all the time..she's done it 3 times to me so far.
    It really sucks, cause usually it means I passed on scheduling with someone else,  and it will mean another week or so before I can schedule with someone.  

@greenearth that should go on her Karma, maybe it'll stop her from cancelling so much.
    Also if a pro cancels without much notice, I think it would be a nice and proper gesture to offer a discount for a future visit. 
  • Agreed morpheous, and if clients flake on pros, it would be a nice gesture to tip real nice in the future visit :)

• [Deleted User]Aiko (deleted user)
    If a regular cancels and there's already a good established cuddle relationship, it's best just to let those go especially if it doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes life happens.
  • [Deleted User]fastboy1359 (deleted user)
    Very well said Aiko !!
  • Yes it happens but communication is key.  I understand that things happen at the last minute that are beyond our control.  However it does suck when someone sets a meeting up, confirms, and then never shows up without any notice.  I had a session scheduled with a Pro this past Friday, we confirmed on Wednesday, then when I tried to reconfirm Friday morning I never heard back from her.  As as today,  Sunday afternoon, still no word.  I hope nothing hashappened to her.
    I had my first pro flake. We set up an appointment at my place yesterday at 10am. 10am came and went and she never showed and never notified me. She hasn't logged on since we confirmed our appointment. She doesn't have any karma either but seemed legit. She may have a legit reason but it feels to me like she's either a fake or just flaked. I may not schedule appointments in the future if the girl doesn't give me her number and talk beforehand or unless she has positive karma confirming she's legit.
  • I feel terrible :( yesterday I totally spaced about and forgot to set an alarm for my cuddle session, and didnt get up in time, and had previously made different plans not thinking. and I feel Soooo bad. I offered another day and a discount but he didnt reply :(Oops :/ only human though..

I rescheduled with the pro who flaked on me which I mentioned in my comment above Brandi. She had a very valid reason for missing our appointment. I had an amazing time with her. I guess I won this time :-)
    edited December 2016
    She was so damn sweeeet :-)