New cuddler

Any tips for a new pro on getting clients?

Comments

• Yes, read the stickies at the top of this board, and the Frequently Asked Questions one on the General board.

This thread, which is active on the General board at the moment, has some thoughts:

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/11596/what-s-the-best-way-to-get-people-attracted-to-your-profile-thoughts#top

• @CuddleDuncan Thank you are there any threads for clients looking at the moment?

• @RJFour Take a look at the 'Cuddle Requests' section of the forum, and at the top you will see another sub-section called 'Pro Requests'. That's where pros may post their own ads, or find clients specifically looking for a pro. Just a head's up, you will find most people asking in this section are looking for female professionals. Try not to get discouraged though.

Good luck!

• edited August 2021

@RJFour - I have to be honest that there isn't really a market here for male professionals especially ones that only cuddles women. Men have a hard enough time getting women to cuddle them for free let alone paying them.

• So should i cuddle everyone if i want to make it in this? @Mike403

• @RjFour - To have a some chance of success... yes.... but you'll be better off doing a delivery route to earn extra cash. I've been having success with DoorDash and Grubhub.

• Can we please stop discouraging men from becoming pros??

If you don't identify as female, you aren't from his specific market area, and you've never tried being a Pro yourself, then you're answering based on assumptions.

True not many females are hiring male pros currently. But there aren't many to choose from, they don't have many roll models for success/to network with and we're still in a pandemic (among other issues).

But there are those who identify as female, and are interested in hiring someone, who identifies as male, to platonicly cuddle with.

How about instead of the discouragement, you either point them towards helpful threads/people, or maybe just say nothing...?

Anyway, welcome @RJFour ~ Yes. Being open to cuddling everyone will increase your odds of attracting clients. So will presenting yourself with professionalism with an eye towards safety and respect. Maybe you could consider getting some experience through some other pros in your area and/or some online training too?? Baby steps...

Good luck!!

• [Deleted User]Moxytocin (deleted user)

It would be one thing if the payment structure wasn't that men take more of a financial risk to become Pro cuddlers than women do and many men who pay each month to retain pro status have zero clients. One just reverted back to enthusiast the other day and another is considering it.

• @quixotic_life - It's better to be realistic with them than to leave them wondering if they're doing something wrong especially since male pros have to pay a monthly fee to the site. I didn't realize that it's a crime to point to other money making opportunities that has a much a higher rate of success.

• edited August 2021

@Mike403 it's obviously fine to be realistic, but by pointing out alternatives you are immediately assuming and implying that they will fail. This isn't helpful. If you're determined to do it, at least do it in a supportive way. "The truth is it'll take a while to make much income from cuddling, so if you need cash while you're developing the business I've done quite well recently with Doordash and Grubhub."

There are already successful men professionals on Cuddle Comfort, just not on the forum. There are others elsewhere. There have been women on the forum unable to find a professional man to cuddle. We already know that this works. The difficulty is in the practicalities, not in the principle. And just because something is difficult is not a reason for not giving it a really good go, as @nurturingman is. He will succeed in the end, it's just a question of how long it takes and how much investment it requires.

@quixotic_life

• edited August 2021

“He will succeed in the end…” Thanks for the vote of confidence, @CuddleDuncan ! I’d like to think I will too, and sometimes I feel certain of it. I’ll keep working at it.

• I just asked in another thread whether any pro women got requests for cuddles from women and the answer was very, very few. Is it discouraging men to become pro cuddlers or giving them a realistic picture of what the situation is at this moment?

@RJFour, there are some threads on male cuddlers, you may want to read them.

• I'm not sure how, given those I know, but somehow I made it through to last summer having never heard of cuddling as a thing strangers did, let alone there being a site for it. It never would have occurred to me to even look for such a thing. So I wouln't be surprised to find that in addition to a pandemic, bookings aren't happening due to a lack of knowledge this site exists in the first place.

Also, @CuddleDuncan ~ Agreed, well said and thanks! 😊