Is it better to host or go to clients home

I am deciding if I should host or go to clients home.. input please. Or rent a small space to use.

Comments

• Welcome! So it seems you're new so I'll give my usual welcoming spiel haha

@xandriarain leases a small space and can possibly give some upsides and downsides to doing so.

Renting a small space can be a costly overhead expense. You're new so you're going to possibly find yourself overwhelmed with requests, this does wear off over time so before signing a lease on renting a small space it's important to keep this in mind.

As for hosting it took me over a year to offer this comfortably. I have an obscene amount of protocols in place to make myself feel safe while still offering my clients privacy. I'm glad I waited as there's all kinds of red flags I missed early on and clients I definitely don't want to know where I live.

Allowing them to host is always a good option.
    But make sure you share their identifying information with a close friend or family member. Address, photo, phone number, session start and end time. Make an agreement that if you don't check in with them at a set time that they need to check in on you.
    Use a free tracking app, add your check in friends/family. I use Life 360, it's free and gives real time tracking.

Always insist on a photo before agreeing to meet regardless of who is hosting. If they refuse a photo that's a big waving red flag, walk away.
    If you show and the photo doesn't match, leave.

Be safe and I hope you find many happy cuddle here! 🙃

• Two of the pro cuddlers I was closest to said they prefer hosting in their place because they have more control over the scene.
    One had a gun stashed somewhere she could get at it. Another had a roommate next door who could come if she screamed for help.
    When you go to a strangers house you have no idea how many people will show up later or are hiding at their house.

• edited August 2021

As someone who’s hardly gotten any requests, and no bookings, I wonder if the fact that I won’t host has anything to do with that— or if it’s just that I’m male. 🤔

• It's a personally preference. But as the client, I prefer the pros coming to my residence. I just feel more secure, and I know the sheets are clean, and environment is more conducive to my needs (music, temperature, lighting). Renting a space seems like a big hassle, unless its your full time job I guess.

• @nurturingman - Yeah. The market for male pros is really bad(or non-existent for some who would only cuddle females) Now I'm gonna back out before I get yelled at by a couple members here.

• @nurturingman I would say both things, being male and not hosting are huge negatives in finding clients.

• It wouldn't hurt to try if guys didn't have to take a financial risk to be pro. Yes, it's only $20/month but that adds up over time if you're not getting any clients to even cover that.

• @Libra0 it’s funny— that’s the same reason I’ve heard pros say they like to host! 😂 I guess people like to be in a clean, secure environment. Who knew? 😆 I’d love to have clients who have clean sheets and want me to come to them.

• I found a great deal on office space, it's only $425 a month but truth be told I am not sure if the office landlord fully understands what I do ( I said I was a platonic touch practitioner and she didn't ask any questions). Having a bed in an office has been stressful. When there was a fire inspection I had to rotate the bed it and make it looked like a daybed. I am very quick to close the door so other people in the building don't see that my office looks like a bedroom. When I was blunt about being a cuddler, other offices rejected me. I was very lucky because I got my office this past December when the pandemic was at its peak and the office market was very cold, my landlord was clearly desperate to fill the space. While my rent is cheap I spent quite a bit of money furnishing and decorating the space and continue to pour money into making small upgrades, adding to my ever-growing essential oil collection, and keeping it stocked with snacks and beverages for my clients. Despite all of the costs I have saved a lot of time on travel, wear and tear on my car and most importantly I have attracted better, more respectful clients. Having an office space has legitimized me in the eyes of many clients and something clicks that I am a professional offering a real service and that this isn't code for sex work. I feel much safer meeting new clients in my office rather than in their homes or hotels, I also feel more respected in my own space.

If you host in your home remember to have security cameras that are visible to clients, keep the areas that they will walk through clean and presentable, have a thorough screening process before giving a client your address, get consent from everyone you live with, and have an agreement as to what they should or shouldn't be doing if they are home during a session. Its ideal if you have a guest room or dedicated cuddle room rather than hosting in your own bedroom, you could possibly host in your living room but not all clients will be happy cuddling on a couch, perhaps you could set up a mattress on the floor but it won't be easy if you have other people living with you.

When I first started cuddling I had a lot of demand and was very busy despite not hosting. It wasn't until the pandemic started that I really started to see a slump in business and felt the need to cater to more clients. Overall hosting has made my life much easier. I used to spend an average of three hours a day in the car and now I often spend less than an hour a day driving. However the office space wasn't this magic wand that brought my business back to prepandemic levels. The only way to ensure consistent business is to market yourself well, have awesome boundaries and safety measure and to constantly improve upon your craft as a cuddle practitioner.

• Thank you everyone for your responses..I am so concerned. As alot of people bring up my looks. I've been very clear this is platonic no disrespectful talk or touching is allowed.. seems to not have dissuaded anyone.. I think I'll look into renting a space.. I do also work full time. So evenings or weekends I'm available.. I kind of wish a few of us could go in on a rental space.. anyhoo. I may log off for a but. It's kind of overwhelming.. to vet out people that really just want a cuddling session.. I get asked alot to pancake.. completely no..idk

• @curvycutie one thought I have, and I'm not saying this to indicate that you are doing anything wrong at all re this, just an opinion. You mention in your post about having to reinforce and restate that this is all platonic and that some of the messages are creeping you out or off putting because they are talking about your looks . Your username literally highlights your physical looks and your body. I am not saying that your username is necessarily provocative or anything, but have you considered that it might be more the type of handle someone may be used to seeing on a dating site ?

• @pmvines - I don't think it would matter much.

Attractive female = flood of messages from creepy guys

• edited September 2021

Welcome!! 😌 I reccomend doing whatever makes you comfortable and safe, as your energy will become the vibe of the session.

I’ve done outcalls, park cuddles, movie theater cuddles and cuddles in my own home over the past several years, Personally I like my own home best but this doesn’t mean I haven’t had amazing sessions elsewhere.
    With clients Ive seen before it was more comfortable when being in an unfamiliar place because I at least knew the company I was going to be around. But for the most part it’s much easier and I feel safer being the one to host because I know it will be a clean and safe environment and I can assure others they are safe as well. I always try to be as accommodating as possible to make clients feel as though my safe place is theirs as well. Providing snacks, water, whatever entertainment in terms of music, video games, movies that they choose, etc. but I also understand it can be intimidating going to someone’s home for the first time even for clients, so I try to keep that in mind and ask periodically how they are doing and if they need anything and if they are comfortable and typically it goes well unless they come in with bad intentions and bring negative energy to my space, In that case they are making me uncomfortable in my space and I won’t tolerate it and I don’t feel their comfort should take priority over my comfort it takes two to have a nice session with good vibes. Luckily I’ve met mostly very big sweethearts with their heart and mind in the right place and it’s been lovely. As far as getting creepy messages, a simply report and block will do the trick, don’t entertain even the thought of people who come off as they are disrespecting you or the service you are trying to provide, you should meet only with clients who have no issue confirming that it is a platonic service only. 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Best of luck to you and enjoy! 🥰