Should I move office locations?

This is specifically for people local to the greater Philadelphia area who have had a session with me or are considering booking a session with me. My current office is in Huntington Valley/Southampton area in the ZIP Code of 19006 while it is a nice area it is not near any major highway exits so you have to drive a bit after getting off the highway. I’m looking into another office called Neshaminy plaza which is right there when you get off the Bensalem exit aka exit 37 on I 95 its also very close to the turnpike. For those that take public transportation it is also along some bus routes. To get to my current office you have to take an Uber or Lyft part of the way if you don’t have your own car. For many clients I believe it would shave 15 to 20 minutes off their drive to come see me unless they lived very local to my current office. It will also cut my commute down from 20 minutes to 5 minutes but the cost of rent will go up and I will have to pay for my own internet, while I get it free where I am now. If I was to change office locations would it be easier to see me more often or at all if you haven’t come to see me yet?

1. Should I change offices?8 votes
    1. I would prefer that you stay in your current office in Huntington Valley.
        0.00%
    2. I would prefer that you move to the bensalem office
      37.50%
    3. It really doesn’t make a difference to me.
      62.50%

Comments

• If I recall correctly that is the plaza at Bristol Pike and Street Rd…that is a much better
    Location, especially for clients who need transportation…in addition to being on a bus route it is a short walk to the train station as well. It would be very convenient also for drive-in clients being at the intersection of two
    Major roads as well as the freeway. No tolls if somebody is taking 95 so there are savings there too. As to internet, do you use it enough during sessions to justify the cost? You might want to look into TMobile unwired internet for $50/month…probably cheaper than either Fios or Comcast Business. And don’t underestimate the convenience of being just a couple minutes from home. I did an hour commute each way when I lived in California for a time and believe me when I lived in Philly and had a 1/2 mile commute I was so thankful.

There may be some short term expense, but long term it could work out well. Run the numbers and see what works best. For what it’s worth, either location is fine with me 🙂

• Update: It turns out I had reached out to this office over a year ago before I got my current office and they do not want a professional cuddler in the office which I knew there was a good chance of. So at this point, moving locations is not in the cards.

• @xandriarain What a bummer! You sound extremely responsible and professional. Their loss as I’m sure you’d be an excellent tenant.

• @calmcontact thank you. It just stresses me out that I have to plan my life around being close to my current office and if anything goes wrong I may not be able to find another office space. I did send the office manager a follow-up email so I will see if she replies. The office building is four minutes from where I live and I don't think I can find anything else that is so close.

• @xandriarain could you get a reference letter from your current building manager stating you're a good tenant, with no issues or complaints against you? Would that help?

• @dontremember ooo that’s a good idea 👍🏻

• Yes, yes you should move offices. Anywhere in North London would be just fine. =)

Maybe offer the office manager a free session so she can understand what you actually do.

And remember that you have already done something that basically nobody else has done.