Cuddling and opening up

How long do you have to be down or feel depressed for you to finally explain your feelings to someone who understands?

Comments

• edited October 2021

I’m a sharer (sometimes an over-sharer), and I take pretty good care of myself, so I don’t hesitate to look for help, including professional help, like psychotherapy.

May I ask what this has to do with professional cuddling? I believe a pro can be a good listener and give you cuddles that lift your spirits, but if you are depressed, I highly recommend you get psychotherapy.

P.S. I keep reading my posts and hearing tone I didn’t mean to insert. I was trying to show concern and say that professional cuddling is no substitute for professional mental health treatment. Since I don’t know you, I’m going with the firm approach in the hope that if you are suffering from mental illness you get the help you need. Maybe you’re just having a bad day.

P.P.S. What he said: https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/12132/moderator-thoughts-on-mental-health

• If something is bothering me or I feel down, I speak to my wife about it generally same day.

• [Deleted User]CharlesThePoet (deleted user)

With the exception of what I share in forums, simply to allow others to know they are not alone in suffering from anxiety, depression, and PTSD, I share nothing.

I have learned, from painful and repeated experience, that no one in the face to face world wants to hear it, and especially not from a "grown man".

• @CharlesThePoet I’m so sorry that’s been your experience, but the generalization is just not true. There are plenty of evolved and compassionate people who are happy to hear someone share their struggles, regardless of gender. Vulnerability is a huge part of human social relationships and it can be a catalyst for deepening and strengthening relationships of any nature.

Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of hurtful people in the world that may turn their nose up at your pain. Some will project their own misguided thoughts about the appropriateness of sharing onto you, but those are not happy people and their internal struggles shouldn’t need to become yours.

Sharing can be difficult and it won’t always be received in the best possible manner, but it is innately human to share and bond over emotional experiences, whether positive or negative.

@LDayDay Sometimes it takes sharing with multiple people until you find someone who has life experiences and/or character qualities that predispose them to understanding you in a way that feels comforting and validating.

• [Deleted User]CharlesThePoet (deleted user)

@calmcontact

I have no doubt you are correct, and that the problem is me. I appreciate the feedback,

• ?????
    @CharlesThePoet
    How did you come to that conclusion? That’s so far away from anything I explicitly stated or implied…..

• @CharlesThePoet
    Pardon me if I misspoke. I certainly didn’t mean to cause offense or insult you in any way. My sincerest apologies for upsetting you. Feel free to point out issues in my statements as I am human and certainly fallible.

I hope you have a good rest of your evening.
    -Madeline

• The sooner the better, you could wait until you feel comfortable doing so, but just know you don’t have to wait at all.

• @CharlesThePoet there is a big issue in the world with men holding their feelings in. I spoke on this on another thread. As men, we grow up and are taught to be strong. There’s an actually psychological term for it, I forget what it is though. We hold all of our emotions in and end up being ticking time time bombs. There’s a guy I really like named Jason Wilson, that speaks on this. He’s a martial arts instructor, you can find him on YouTube and Instagram. Personally, I’ve been seeing a therapist for the past few months and it’s been an amazing experience. To have someone listen to me without judgement and get everything off my chest. I’ve carried that over into other aspects of my life. This is however a paid professional, I feel you on what you say. Other than my wife, there’s no one that wants to sit down and listen to my pour my heart and soul out. In my life and even now, most of the time, I feel alone. I hope you can find some peace.

• I have literally had a session where I don't think we really actually did any "cuddling". Maybe held hands and sat close? He spent the entire time unloading everything off his shoulders onto me. I held a safe space for him to let everything out. I feel like I could literally see the load off his shoulders as he left that day. I never saw him again. It's a story I like to tell. The service I provide is so much more than just "cuddling". This need is so much more common and "normal" than society would make you think... 🤗

• @ubergigglefritz I'm glad you put cuddling in inverted commas, meaning physical cuddling. The whole session was true cuddling. Cuddling is a essentially an emotional activity, not a physical one, and the fact that you didn't hug or hold him physically is technically irrelevant.

I've heard stories like this before. My impression is that in-person cuddle sessions with no touch at all are rare, but not that rare.