Profesional Men Cuddlers

[Deleted User]Tazman5307 (deleted user)

This is something I have discovered recently in this site.

I was considering to be a male professional cuddler and decided to look around and see what is around my area for men to be professional cuddlers. Mind you I live in one of the biggest cities in United States. My expectations to see many professionals of that gender were actually high

As it turns out, I did a 100 mile radius look for men who offer call Link professionally and I only found one or two. This clearly means that the site many offers services to men and by men

It is true. Every time I login I see a banner which states who are the new cuddlers in the area and 100% of those in that List are all female

Does this mean that there is almost no demand for women seeking out males to cuddle with? Or is it that this company uses or prefers females for such service?

Or is it perhaps that it is very creepy that a man is offering his services to females for such a purpose?

I am just very curious of all this. It is so strange that in such a large city as Detroit that only one or two professional males are out there offering services and many many more are females

1. It is the same in your area?13 votes
    1. Would you like to have men cuddlers available?
      30.77%
    2. It’s not important. Bring in the ladies!
      69.23%

Comments

• edited November 2021

It's very simple. Men on average are more touch-starved and more averse to platonic touch with other men, therefore the demand for female cuddlers is much higher than for male cuddlers.

If men didn't mind cuddling men I'm sure there'd be more on this site. Almost every female pro has their settings set to both genders, I have never seen the same for a male cuddler pro or otherwise as it seems it's rather rare.

• @nurturingman will be along shortly to talk about this I'm sure.

The site is entirely supportive of men professional cuddlers, but there are very few.

There are some useful threads on the Professional board.

• Interestingly, to be a Pro you're SUPPOSED to be available (or at least market as available) to all genders. So if you're considering going Pro, but only for females, then you're not really a Pro....

I don't currently have the option of going Pro, but from my perspective as a cuddle seeker and enthusiast, it is challenging to find a non-female professional.

I think that the stigma (and frankly, the odds) against being comfortable with a male cuddler might be low... but surely not impossibly low. But there is a stigma that one would have to work to break.

After all, there are female Pros who cuddle men, so "not all men(TM)" are bad.

• It’s more socially acceptable for two females to cuddle etc, so I think there is less of a need for it.
    As well, (I’m not a woman, so I can’t speak to this directly) but from talking with clients and reading forum posts on here, there is that fear / uncertainty factor. Being close to a man, alone, that you’ve never met before (especially if they are taller / bigger etc), can be scary. A man will more likely not have as high of a fear meeting a stranger.
    Having lots of Karma / positive reviews can of course help with this.

@SleepySheep1 I have mine set to both ;) gender / race, etc doesn’t matter to me. We’re all human.

As a male pro cuddler, your clientele will be mostly (80-90%) male. At least based on my experience, and talking with other pros.
    The going rate for male pros is generally lower… so if you’re trying to make a good go of it, there isn’t room for as many male pros.

• edited November 2021

Relevant discussions

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/10997/male-pros-how-has-professional-cuddling-been-for-you/

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/10994/why-do-pros-get-to-choose-which-gender-of-people-they-cuddle

What the world needs now is not more professional men cuddlers; what the world needs is more people to hire men cuddlers. Male pros get VERY LITTLE work! (That’s “very little“ emphasized as much as possible.) Now, I’m optimistic and enterprising, yet I’ve not had a paid booking from a local client in the six months I’ve been a pro. I don’t say that to complain, simply to state a fact. I’ve lately had a slight uptick in interest, and a couple of future bookings (knock on wood). I believe the only reasons for my lack of work are those mentioned above. By all means, try being a pro if you like; just know that I’ve asked around the Internet and have yet to find a male pro who gets anywhere near the amount of work a female pro gets. Whatever you choose, I wish you the best!

• [Deleted User]Tazman5307 (deleted user)

Great honesty amigo @nurturingman. That is a reality. Now, let me add by saying that there’s another element at play.

Physical attraction.

One will find it more attracting cuddling with a person who is easy on the eyes than someone who is not. I know many here will SCREAM on this, but it’s the truth.

We are driven by the physical connection at first and then other elements which makes us feel safe and desired.

Someone who is physically and mentally attractive will have a better chance at getting clients versus the opposite.

Men will normally be attracted to a younger cuddler than someone much older. How they look is of importance. Since men are generally the “hunters” they will seek out more for this service than women do.

• Moving this thread to the Professional Cuddling forum.