What Led to Seek Strangers Cuddling You?

2»

Comments

• I like alcohol 😁

• The sarcastic part of me (which I try to silence at parties) really wanted to clap back with the notion that "all first dates are interviews with strangers" so the idea of cuddling a stranger is really no different than any other first-encounter (with friends, co-workers, relationship candidates, etc).

But, I'll say that being able to approach a cuddle with intention (that is, knowing from the get-go that this is a platonic endeavor, and that both parties are seeking to meet an emotional support need without any romantic implication) has been my main reason for joining and remaining here.

Of course, I already have a favorite Pro, but I'm also open to meeting and cuddling new people (pros and enthusiasts alike) because this is a safe place for non-romantic relationships. And non-romantic relationships are something I believe are wholly undervalued in today's world. Especially as a man.

Just my $.02.

• @Kelly149 🤣🤣🤣🤣 hey this is a safe space! 😝🤷‍♀️

• [Deleted User]butter123 (deleted user)

Rent needed to be paid lol

• Oh boy I agree with so many of these comments.

I am definitely not into trying to pursue a relationship and hookup culture I don't understand whatsoever, very much not for me.

As an introvert just being able to meet like-minded people looking for the same has really got me into this. Being that by pursuing platonic cuddling we've already agreed to basic ground rules on conduct.

That in itself is huge. I can convey my needs and boundaries and have them respected and understood.
    Very much not something I've been used to in my lifetime.

As far as the being a stranger thing, I have found genuine strangers looking for the same thing is easier because that awkward part of the conversation is out of the way, and they don't remain strangers long.

• [Deleted User]Saysoh (deleted user)

@Nature_Lover_

"@Saysoh Cuddling has proven to be the best form of self care for my mental and physical health and well-being. Despite not “organically” working into it over a longer period of lead up and while navigating obstacles such as a relationship or social norms and expectations ect, the end result, that cuddling and connection, heals and satisfys me just the same as when I “organically” obtain it. I’m telling you, cuddling, companionship, friendship, and connection are all good medicine."

I don't need to be convinced anymore to explore. I've made the decision, now the pieces need to fall albeit still cautious. In all honesty, what you decribed sounds like a solid dose of MDMA.

• By the time actual cuddling happens ideally they’ll be friends, not strangers.

• @TheMidnightOwl Exactly! Or almost instantly upon the first embrace. I feel intention and energy speak volumes when the connection is right, friendship quickly follows.

• Short answer is I learned about cuddle therapy on a TED talk and went down a YouTube rabbit hole learning what I can until I realized it was just what the doctor ordered. 😂

Slightly longer answer is I'm usually not big on being touched at all unless I welcome it or are close to me. So when COVID hit, the last thing I thought I'd miss was hugs. Time proved me wrong, & so did my friend whom was getting her license for massage therapy. Paid her for a couple sessions & realized just how much I've neglected myself and my basic needs.

Then factor that in with my sexuality. Even in a romantic setting, I'm only comfortable with so much. It was nice finding something platonic like this, where there are strict lines not be crossed that rule out certain expectations.

Finally there's just nights like tonight... When I'm reminded how little affection there's ever really been in my family. How all anyone's ever known is how to scream until nothing gets resolved and pretend like everything's fine the next day. How maybe people are just better off without me & all my broken little pieces. Just shards of glass I've neglected to sweep. Yet I come here & feel like I'm actually taking steps into loving myself for the first time, and crap is that hard, but I'm happy to be trying. There's alot of things about me I'm finally ready to change & self esteem is at the top of that list.

• Well let's see.. I have a few things in my life that hinder me from having a functional healthy relationship... I am also in fear of allowing anyone into my emotional barrier due to trust issues... yet I long for affection and to be held as if I'm secure because alot of things happening in my life are not secure ... 😕 also I talk alot alot because of my adhd so it's nice to have someone around so I don't look completely insane talking to myself lol 😆

• @Tazman5307 I absolutely appreciate the intent of the heading, but I'm not sure that 'strangers' is the right word. I've never cuddled a stranger .... I have cuddled people I met only recently, but that isn't the same thing. And absolutely everybody starts out as a stranger, with the arguable exception of your birth mother.

In regard to the answer - I didn't. Cuddling found me, not the other way around.

• I joined here because I am also in a “touchless relationship”. I am very lonely and looking for platonic physical contact and someone to talk to and who will listen to me, someone who will help me realize I still have value and worth. Normally I travel frequently so I’m looking to connect with people near different cities I regularly visit. Currently I’m not traveling so that has made my loneliness worse. I hope to find someone caring and understanding that I can share a cuddle with when I need it.

• In a long distance relationship and really lonely.. cuddles are so nice and help my depression.

• [Deleted User]Saysoh (deleted user)

I don't listen to the radio much, but I happened to be on a long drive and there was an interview with a professional cuddler. So I researched it, stumbled on this site, and wanted to see what's up. In a previous career, I was an analyst by trade, so I started thinking and the main thought I had which is how something so personal be turned into a profession, right? Then I started how a cuddler can turn off such a personal interaction into a career? Then I started thinking about reasons why a person would hire a cuddler and how they choose them, yea? Would they just pick someone for a service based on reviews or would they pick someone they connect with? Who hires a cuddler?

So I started exploring. A lot of cuddlers seems to want to zoom call and I thought about why the importance of zoom call and why is the cuddler on the other side requiring a video chat? Is video chat a periphial to create a faux connection to the person seeking cuddling? Does is create a sense of security, and if so, for who? Cuddling is supposed to be therapy (which is often stated on this site), right? But does a therapist specializing in anxiety or trauma require a video chat before meeting? I've found, "oxytocin," is often used, but what I haven't seen much of is the idea of just the basic connection to another human being, but the caveat is you have to pay for that connection, so could it potentially devalue the organic cuddles?

I know that's alot to unpack and I tried to keep it as simple as I possibly could, but I'll paraphrase; my curiosity brought me here to ask questions and experience what this is. I have found someone to cuddle with and I'm excited slash nervous slash curious for the experience.

• I love physical touch and also binge watching shows and it seems like a better combination with someone to do it with.