Are we all ENFP Miers Briggs personality type?

I'm an ENFP and I feel like all the cuddlers I met are ENFPs also, we all seem to love travel, are extremely spontaneous, not that organized, dislike regular day jobs and careers, have extremely deep emotions, love learning new and interesting things and love being unique. (I think ENFPs really love physical touch because of our Si inferior function and we are very touchy because of that)

If youre an ENFP then comment below!
Also if your not but know your miers brigges then comment them below also!

Here's a video to tell if your an ENFP:

1. Are you an ENFP?51 votes
    1. Yes! I'm an ENFP
      21.57%
    2. No I'm another type! Comment below!
      70.59%
    3. Idk what my type is
        7.84%

Comments

• edited December 2021

This is hardly a valid generalization. I myself am an INTJ. I'd venture a guess that there are just as many I-type cuddlers as there are E-types. I myself seek closeness and deep connection, and would rather spend an hour cuddling with one person than a few minutes with a dozen different people.

• Nobody is ENFP. The whole thing is nonsense.

Yes I have done it, several times. Different answer every time.

If I may dissect some of the comments:

we all seem to love travel - almost everybody in the modern western world likes travel. Holidays are very popular, I'm sure you've noticed.

are extremely spontaneous - actually almost nobody is spontaneous, although large numbers of people do like to think that they are

not that organized - again, this is question of perspective. If you live in some kind of house or apartment I would say that qualifies you as very highly organised. Disorganised people do not have that luxury.

dislike regular day jobs and careers - WTF? Most people dislike regular day jobs! That's why they have to pay you to do them! Dislike is the essence of the entire concept of a job!

have extremely deep emotions - yeah, because there are loads of humans who don't have emotions 🙄

love learning new and interesting things and love being unique - again, that's called being human

(I think ENFPs really love physical touch because of our Si inferior function and we are very touchy because of that) - babies die without touch, irrespective of their Myers-Briggs type. I think it's safe to say that we pretty much all love touch.

One of the deep sicknesses in our society is that people believe in this poison. The delusions it fosters, while reassuring to the believers in the short term, are harmful to both them and everybody else in the long term.

Categorisation is a natural human trait. Being good at it is one of the things that marks us out as an intelligent species. It is a useful, valuable and important thing, and the desire to categorise humans is therefore perfectly understandable. Indeed, to a certain extent it is necessary. And our society desires it greatly, to an extent that we require certain groups of people to wear certain clothes, not so that we may categorise them but that we may feel comfortable and secure that that categorisation will not suddenly shift during our interaction. (It doesn't really matter if a judge wears a wig or a bikini, but imagine how upsetting it would be if they were to change from one to the other during the trial.)

Myers-Briggs is one of the corruptions of that desire to categorise. (There are many others.) It started out as an honest attempt to do something, but failed completely.

• No disrespect but I do strongly agree with @CuddleDuncan
    Also what people believe in but we were born that way... the need of human touch.

• I really like @CuddleDuncan’s response and his sarcasm on the subject is hilarious, but he also makes very valid points. I have received a different “personality type” each time I have taken the Myers Briggs tests, from INFJ to ENFP. And as only one marker of personality, it is only a small glimpse of certain aspects of part of our personalities.

• INFP; I can act like an extrovert for about an hour and a half though

Youre also describing adhd. I have that.

• I mostly got INTJ. Though I've at least once got ENTJ and ISTJ too. I don't take it as the truth or give it anymore credit than just think it's a fun little thing.

• INFP & I couldn’t agree more ☺️

• edited December 2021

I don't use my personality type for anything other than to understand myself better, and make informed decisions about which areas of personal growth I want to invest my time and money in. No, I don't think it is nonsense. It is certainly meaningless when you try to make judgements or assumptions about someone else based on their personality type, but that is an incorrect use of the tool.

• Infp and I love to cuddle. 🙃

• edited December 2021

I don’t put much stock in Meyers-Briggs. Psychologists don’t consider it reliable even though it’s quite popular among the general public. If you look up academic articles about it they will compare it to a horoscope. Unfortunately, some employers insist on using it. I can see that as a potential problem.

I took it three times within a couple of years and came out differently each time.

I find it annoying when people want to categorize each other. Once we think we “know” who/what someone is we stop paying attention to who they really are.

One of the big problems with it is that the questions are too binary and people are not binary yet we often want to see them that way. For instance, there’s a popular notion that being analytical and being emotional are opposites and the test will try to force you into answering one way or the other, but it’s possible to be both analytical and emotional. In life, one may give one precedence over the other depending on the situation or take both into consideration. We are not either/or and I hate tests that try to force me to choose one over the other. It’s a simplistic way of thinking.

I think the popularity of things like the Meyers-Briggs is that people like easy answers but humans are a lot more nuanced than that. At different points in life we will answer the same questions differently. If our personality is a “type” then that shouldn’t be the case.

I don’t know my “type” and don’t really care about others’. I’ll just get to know people as they express themselves and let others do the same with me.

This is a pretty good article on the Meyers-Briggs and the problems with it.

https://www.vox.com/2014/7/15/5881947/myers-briggs-personality-test-meaningless

• @CuddleDuncan I absolutely hate typing and the Meyers Briggs above all. I read a book on how it was developed, and its all trash.

I will die on this hill lol

• I'm an ENFP, and so is my cuddle buddy--whom I met here over a year ago.

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)
    edited December 2021

Agree with @CuddleDuncan , @Babichev , and @vivalalife

Meyers Briggs reminds me a lot of astrology, and things like the Harry Potter house questionnaires.

People tend to like finding patterns, sorting/categorising things, and trying to make available information fit those patterns or go into those categories and that applies to themselves and other people as well.

When people answer questions about themselves they aren't going to be objective with their answers, they're going to be influenced a whole bunch by: how they're feeling about themselves at that point in time, what other people have said about them, who they'd ideally like to be/their idealised version of themselves, what recent experiences they've had that emphasised certain traits they might have, their general experiences that day, whether they're tired, whether they're hydrated properly, etc.

If you can fill out the answers to something like that 10 different times and get 10 different results on 10 different days then that doesn't necessarily mean your personality or core self changed between each and every time you answered. And similarly, if you only answered it once then that doesn't mean the results from that are necessarily going to be accurate to who you are or are going to be especially meaningful or insightful.

There are definitely patterns in human behaviour and people can be categorised in certain ways based on that behaviour. But Meyers Briggs isn't a reliable way of doing that, or of finding out who you are.

• @Babichev @vivalalife @CuddleDuncan
    Thank you, people that understands me.

• I am a recovering INTJ. We are not generally known for showing much emotions or being cuddly but it all depends on the circumstances and the cuddle partner. One pro I have had cuddled with broke through my emotional shield and made me feel more alive and connected than I have in many years (and I know she is an INFP).

MBTI is a useful model of personality types but it is far from perfect. I have taken it 3 times over the past 25 years and I scored as an INTJ every time but I suspect if I retook it now after experiencing healing, platonic touch, I might score something different today.

• But what about your Enneagram number???

(Just stiring the personality test pot🤣)

• edited December 2021

Sounds similar to the "science" put into "how do humans learn the best"
    Are you.
    A. Visual
    B. Audial
    C. Kinesthetic

And it's like...we've spent decades trying to figure this out...and surprise... It's all 3...at different times... depending.
    Why must we only be one.
    Like how @Babichev mentioned about being both analytical and emotional.

Also, maybe it's just we need better education system? But that's another story.

Appreciate your view and explanation @CuddleDuncan

• Here’s something I’d like to see: What if 3 of your best friends took the Meyers-Briggs for you? Like their impression of what you are like? Would it be the same?

One of the questions that sometimes comes up on tests like this is do you prefer to have a deadline or work til whenever? Well, I know that I kind of need a deadline or I won’t get a thing done but I don’t like having a deadline. So how do I answer?

I am both science-minded and very creative. People who meet me in the science environment may have one impression of me. People who meet me in a dance/music/art environment may have a very different impression of me. In some settings, I’m very organized. In other settings, I’m very disorganized. In some settings, I’ve very outspoken about my thoughts and opinions and in other settings prefer to be much more diplomatic. It depends on a variety of factors. So which am I and how do I answer those questions?

I don’t mind that people get into it if they don’t take it too seriously and don’t try to peg other people. It may be helpful for some people as a framework for self-reflection. I’m all too aware, though, of how easy it is for us to fool ourselves. “The first principle is not to fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.” - Richard Feynman. I’ve thought of having that painted on my wall so I see it every day.

• Not really a huge fan of myers-briggs, I’ve tested different personality types. Though, I consistently get P atleast.

Interesting to see that almost 1 out of 4 are ENFPs which does imply ENFPs like to cuddle more, or maybe the question by its title is inviting ENFPs to participate, thus skewing the results.

• I float between an ENFP and ENFJ

• I'm just chiming in to concur with those saying Myers Briggs is bullshit. I don't care about the whole categorizing/labeling being good/bad thing, if it was valid then it would be valid. But it's pseudoscience; the evidence for it's validity simply isn't there in terms of research.

The company behind Myers Briggs makes millions by selling books, tests etc. And while that in and of itself says nothing, once you add in the whole lack of academic research supporting it, the fact that it's a profitable business does matter.

• [Deleted User]Ennea2HugU (deleted user)

As far as my understanding of Myers Briggs goes out is behavior based and is subject to change since people often have different behaviors for to being in different seasons in their lives, experiences (especially traumatic ones), how your feeling, mental health, what you ate 20 minute ago, if you have eaten😋.
    I wouldn't say Myers Briggs is particularly accurate but it could be informing for one self. I have tested as both INFP, INFJ, and INTP, 🤷‍♀️. Personally I really like the enneagram which is motivation based. I feel it allows for more diversity in how you may express yourself, but at the same time give you a tool and language to explain who you feel you are.
    I can understand the sentiment that personality test are bunk and we really shouldn't try to categorize people, but I do like feeling like I can be understood and seen.

• [Deleted User]Ennea2HugU (deleted user)

@Babichev I find the idea of 3 of your friends taking it for you fascinating. I would love to see how people perceived me. A bit egotistical of me but I am curious. Though maybe I would be horrified to see how I am perceived🤔