Are we all ENFP Miers Briggs personality type?

2»

Comments

• edited December 2021

@Ennea2HugU 💯 on everything you shared

Edit: I really enjoy the way you express your thoughts 💭 on the forum (the very rare times you do) & how you express yourself in your profile 🌌

• Except, when you don't have 3 friends that can take it for you...hmmm... Otherwise, fascinating experiment for sure.

• INFP here.

• I'm a infj!

• [Deleted User]Ennea2HugU (deleted user)

@cuddles_ndream thank you😊

• edited December 2021

ISFJ.

Going to sidestep the arguing about the validity of Myers-Briggs. I’ll just say its origins are based in Jung’s work, which is valid.

As for the original post, that’s what we would call self-projection.

• @TheMidnightOwl - Jung is controversial among psychologists. Not all psychologists accept his concepts as valid. In addition, something may claim to be based on his work but still not be valid i.e. may not be reliable in producing useful, accurate, predictive results. One test of validity is consistency. We’ve already seen here that many of us have gotten different results when we’ve taken the test at different times and this has been well documented.

If you’re interested in how a test is determined to be valid or not, this article from Encyclopedia Britannica goes into some of the factors to be considered.

https://www.britannica.com/science/personality-assessment/Reliability-and-validity-of-assessment-methods

• edited December 2021

😐 I can do without the paternalism and assumptions. I’m getting my master’s degree in a mental health field…

Many people change over time, which is why we can get different results. As was the case for me. My father is an ISTJ and anything different than those ways of functioning was “wrong.” That was drilled into me since birth. So I shifted to compliance and shut down my feelings in order to survive childhood. So, I consistently got ISTJ for my results. The more I’ve healed and become the true me, my results are consistently ISFJ now. And even within each type there’s much variation. I’m not a typical ISFJ description in many ways. Life experiences, trauma, self-worth, and other many other factors play a part.

And some people don’t really know who they are and shift to be more like those they’re surrounded by which can skew results. Some answer based on who they think they are or who they want to be. Some of the tests aren’t long enough to get the full picture. Generally, self-reporting for anything in mental health is not as reliable. There are many reasons why results may not always be consistent. Within mental health there can be many different Dx given to the same client by different practitioners. Are they and the entire mental health field invalid? No. Like you said, some psychologists don’t accept Jung’s philosophies as valid. Therefore, some do. The same applies to the MBTI. At the end of the day, does it matter if it helps people understand more about themselves and others’ ways of functioning? Not really. Sometimes our obsession with “science” doesn’t allow for the human face of life.