It’s hard as a woman

124»

Comments

• To Dave's point about being glad the psychotic person he met didn't know where he lived -- the OP said she was hosting, so the person she was going to cuddle with would have had to know where she lived (unless she was hosting at a hotel). But she would have known zip about him, not even his name.

• @WriterGF "But she would have known zip about him, not even his name."

She'd know what he looks like, especially having met him in person before. She could know his age, body type, approximate height, etc., and may know his first name if they exchanged it. Along with a bit more about him if they chose to spend more times getting to know each other in public or video calling, etc.

Also if she's got surveillance cameras outside the hosting spot that can also come in handy. Telling a safety net helps too. So there are various safety measures besides showing an ID, that people could make use of. And if that's not enough for her or anyone else, then they can find someone who aligns with their needs. Instead of trying to impose their way on others.

• @Lovelight you have no frame of reference or comparison-
    You choose to only cuddle in public, and you choose to post about your disability which can identify you.

You mention having surveillance and identification by his features etc. You can do ALL of that plus tell OTHERS that you’re cuddling with someone-(therefore invading privacy) but a simple verification of name is too much-

Very strange- and you don’t have a frame of reference because it’s like me telling how to treat me if I had a physical disability when I do not.

No one’s saying not to be in public if you wish but in light of safety in my own PRIVATE setting- someone should be able to respect that-

You don’t require an id great- you’re also in public- if someone is cool with that - thats also great-

Maybe you haven’t / or aren’t in a space where you have to have heightened awareness.

Great. Don’t assume everyone else is.

in public- those who come across can either have good intentions or bad ones but it’s public and not at all on display-

You are also talking about identifying later with the police if something happened- thats really easy for your to say.

Stop projecting what happens in your life to others- it’s clear that people have to be more vigilant in a private setting which you CHOOSE not to be.

@WriterGF you’ve spoken very well. Thank you.

• edited December 2021

@Tigerlilly32 "you have no frame of reference or comparison-
    You choose to only cuddle in public, and you choose to post about your disability which can identify you."

When my disability is visible I have no choice because it shows and even if it isn't, has nothing to do with this.

YOU have no "frame of reference" when you're out here making inflammatory comments about others and clearly don't seem to know or understand what it's like to NOT feel comfortable or safe with having to show someone in a situation like this their ID. Nor respecting their decision instead of trying to pass such judgements on them.

I in no way made a comment about how YOU should choose to conduct your safety measures. That's for you to decide. Let others decide how they want* and to walk away without the guilt trips and such if it's not what you want.

But when you go out of your way to talk ill about people like me, for setting their boundaries and walking away if it doesn't work out, I have the right to speak out against that.

"Maybe you haven’t / or aren’t in a space where you have to have heightened awareness.

Great. Don’t assume everyone else is."

I didn't assume.

• I used to be against ID and Video call no one can blame me, because 1 of my life problem i have been told not only 1 time many times u look scary and from life experience and no responses , i uesd CC for 1 and 1/2 year never me accept 1 person other person only 2 times. Ofcourse it will effect me because 1 of my life problem is I'm always not accepted
    ☝️ but when I did Video call with Amazing pro it was completely fine only video call 2 minutes I was nervous, it was very comfortable, welcome
    Many men I'm 1 of them should know to show ID is completely fine video call.
    But the way u approach Client should be very comfortable way because in a bad way like treating them like criminals that's bad. And they can be offended

• edited December 2021

Your disability has everything to do with it- it’s very hypocritical to have surveillance cameras , calling others to let them know who’s coming, and other things you say can protect you In a private setting-

And just like I can’t describe living with a physical disability nor try to castigate those who express how living with a physical disability is, you cannot say how to protect oneself when you are NEVER ever in a private setting- it makes no sense why you’re this defensive-

In light of everything- I know why you’re this defensive and I have to say I’m sorry -

Not everyone is like you.

I could state this in clearer terms but you seem not to accept that women/men don’t have to be vigilant in who comes in their private settings or who even sends messages , and it’s even worse if they are generally attractive.

Enjoy your night- Anything further to clarify- I won’t indulge. Im busy .

😀

• edited December 2021

@Tigerlilly32 👌👌👌 amazing I'm with u %100

• "You mention having surveillance and identification by his features etc. You can do ALL of that plus tell OTHERS that you’re cuddling with someone-(therefore invading privacy) but a simple verification of name is too much-"

Telling someone you trust, something like "hey I'm cuddling/meeting with a guy in his 30s, tomorrow who lives in so and so city/area. Can you check in with me/can I check in with you? Thereby arranging things like a call with the safety net at the agreed upon time, etc. And if something bad needing a police report happens, having that along with utilizing other things like the person's description and the cameras, is not an "invasion of privacy". You or anyone who is looking out for you has the right to contact the police and help find the person who has or may have done something so bad. If you're gonna argue this too, then sorry I don't think there's much I can say to get the points across.

• Seems we have an epidemic of nastiness lately. This thread has run its course.

This discussion has been locked.