Straight/gay cuddle

[Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
edited December 2016 in General
I had an interesting experience. I met a girl at work and talked her into a cuddle session. This girl happens to be a lesbian. The session was absolutely amazing. She was very cuddly and affectionate. I asked her if she was actually bisexual and she said no she was 100% lesbian. I asked so you aren't attracted to men at all and she said no. I asked if that the case, how was she able to have such an amazing intimate session with me. She looked at me and all she said is that she isn't a man hater. I'm quite sure that most straight men could not have a cuddle session with another man. I guess it must just be different for women, lines aren't as clearly drawn as they are with men. I'm curious about peoples thought concerning my situation or gender differences in general.

Comments

• I think as long as people are happy cuddling their cuddle bud, alls gewd. Id cuddle guys or girls.
    I think straight guys could be pros aand cuddle men, nothin wrong with that, but im not sure if a straight guy would just wanna cuddle a gut for funsies, but if he does, sweet :D
  • [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)
    I'm Pan/Asexual so I've cuddled with single, married, straight, gay, bi, trans and a couple once. 

The only constant was that once we were in the 'cuddle bubble'(patent-pending) all labels slipped away.  It was just about healing energy, warmth and comfort. After the cuddle session it was back to the reality of the world but those moments where nothing matters except one another are invaluable.

If it's legal and feels right, fudge the labels and cuddle up!

• [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    @chococuddles just dropped the mic
  • [Deleted User]FlowerofLife (deleted user)
    Ditto!
  • [Deleted User]Sunflowerfield (deleted user)
    I don't think it should matter. I actually would probably find it easier to cuddle someone I was not particularly attracted to, as it would help me to be totally relaxed and keep things purely platonic.
  • [Deleted User]Fantasia (deleted user)
    I would like to think it shouldn't matter who you cuddle with and what gender they prefer to love as long as they can provide a good healthy cuddle session for both parties involved.
  • I'm a hugger already.. don't care if you're a guy, girl, straight, gay, or anywhere else on the map, if we meet, you're getting a hug, but for me, it's not always about attraction if I'll cuddle with a guy or a girl, though being attracted to them isn't wrong, but it's more about the vibes I'm getting off of them and if there is an open connection for a good cuddle time, whether it be they seems like they need it and are asking, I need it and they are open to cuddling, or we just naturally end up cuddled up and enjoying each others embrace.

Some of my top favorite cuddles I've had have been group cuddles called 'cuddle puddles' with a mix of friends and strangers ^_^
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    @reurbo I agree, I am a hugger regardless of of the gender. I grew up in an affectionate family and hug everyone. My wife's family when I met them were all a little standoffish but 16 years later, they're all very affectionate and I like to say I had something to do with that. 

Everyones comments to this thread have been amazing. I love all the insight. Thank you all so much.
  • @Morpheus Sounds like you did a great job!

I've been loving reading the comments here and had to share the love in adding to it ^_^
  • [Deleted User]cuddledingo (deleted user)
    @Morpheus my east coast cuddle buddy I talk so much about was a lesbian and she was THE BEST! I hired her for a modeling job and we became fast friends and started talking about our horrible single lives and connected on a human level. She asked to come cuddle once and it worked well for both of us because it was defined that she wasn't into guys and that made me relax. We're still friends and comfort text a lot when either of us needs. It was a great pairing and I'm happy you experienced similar.

Well said with the other comments. Me and my family are all huggers to anyone and my Dutch ex turned me into a cheek kisser since that's the way they greet everyone. I ended up tearing down that cheek kissing insecurity quick. But personally I'm not comfortable cuddling with another guy. That's nothing to be ashamed of and it doesn't mean you're homophobic. It just means you can't achieve comfort in that situation and cuddling is supposed to be about comfort level. Nowhere does it say you have to be comfortable cuddling everyone. I feel for me it's because every gay male friend I have is a male slut so I don't really trust gay men (and this is also why I understand how women can be skeptical to straight guys). But to be honest every lesbian friend of mine is almost as bad or worse than my straight male friends when it comes to women so I wouldn't recommend any straight female cuddle with them either (haha). 

Maybe somewhere down the road my perspective will change, but for now I just wish my apartment allowed dogs because I gots nobody in my city :(

Oh and just because they're gay doesn't mean you won't be attracted to them @Sunflowerfield. My lesbian cuddle buddy is a gorgeous 19 year old Asian model and I'm very much attracted to her... but I know she's a lesbian and not interested in guys so I don't act on any of it. And she knows all of this so tortures me with hot lesbian stories while we cuddle!! All in good fun ;) We love each other and it's a great feeling to have that level of love with someone.

Anyway, another longwinded @cuddledingo reply...
  • It seems to me that you are comparing the lesbian you (a man) cuddled with, to a man cuddling with a man. Wouldn't it be more appropriate to compare her with a gay man cuddling with a woman?
  • You know, each gender and every in between has their own unique nice feeling of cuddling. It is hard to explain c:
  • [Deleted User]Batboy (deleted user)

I_am_poly: I'm a gay man. I have many straight female friends, and a few are close enough to hang out. We might do a netflicks night cuddled up on the sofa and at least once took a nap on the same twin bed, not arms and legs entwined, but certainly in close contact. But I know firmly that none of these few females had any idea that they could (or would want to) flip me from gay to straight or bi. Were I to meet a female on this site who wanted to explore cuddling, that's the one thing I'd want to be certain of. That's the biggest reason my profile says I cuddle men, rather than everyone.

• One night I was hanging out with a lesbian friend and we ended up having sex with each other. I asked her later if she was bi? She said no she's a lesbian, her exact words were, I'm not a man hater but I'm a lesbian. I was confused and said but I'm a man so why did you have sex with me? She looked at me like it all wasn't a big deal and replied, because you're nice to me. I took it for what it was worth and never brought it up again. She's still my friend but we never had a repeat of that night. I'm honestly still slightly confused as to how that all works and why that happened. I have gay guy friends who are nice to me but I'm not going to have sex with them.

• [Deleted User]Batboy (deleted user)

I had sex with a couple girls when I was still struggling with whether I was gay or bi or what. To be honest, it wasn't awful. But I'd never do it again, because it would be denying my sexuality to myself, and well might be confusing to the girl. Of the two girls I had sex with when we were in high school, one is a good friend, and we hang out just the two of us or even with her current boyfriend. The other doesn't speak to me and portrays me to others as some kind of monster. She even told people that I was pretending to be gay just to spite her. I hope one day she understands.

• [Deleted User]Sunflowerfield (deleted user)

@Morpheus it could be that she is sexually attracted to both men and women, but only ever gets romantic feelings for women. I've noticed it's fairly common for both men and women to be bisexual but only heteroromantic or homoromantic.