Do other people know you’re a Cuddler?

2»

Comments

• The open minded people in my life know. The close minded people in my life do not know.

• [Deleted User]cuddlestogive (deleted user)

A few of my friends know. Both of my sons know, but not many people beyond that. I found it's a foreign concept to a lot of peout cuddlingople. At least that's the impression I get when I tell them about cuddling. But I have mentioned the site to several people I know. The last person I told about it is a physical therapist I was seeing for a shoulder injury. She was intrigued but I don't think she ever checked out the site.

Interestingly enough, I had to have surgery on my shoulder last week. the surgeon insisted I get right back to PT the very next day. That therapist was there and, when she saw me come in (she wasn't my therapist that morning), she joked about how I needed the surgery due to a cuddling injury. So I know she's still thinking about cuddling. I even told her my username and to look me up if she chooses to sign up. I'd love to be her first cuddle.

• [Deleted User]MsJasmine (deleted user)

I agree my family will not understand and I'm not close with several of them. As we get older we drifted apart and although I am not bothered by what they may think..i like to keep my business to my self.. I have told 3 of my close friends and before I go on a session I will reach out and have them do a safety check within few minutes with a safety word. Just me being safe since I'm new to this.

I try to do a temperature 🌡 check and if I feel in easy with the conversation. I don't continue. I listen to my inner voice. And I appreciate the feedback and karma I read on others pages. I bartended for over 25 years and I have given strangers comfort from a great conversation and simple warm touch & smile. So I'm looking forward to making a difference in the life of someone each time I interact 😊 thank you for the question / forum

• everyone in my life knows. Some have a lot of questions. some have judges it and others support and completely understand.

• Well... I told a couple coworkers (in an open space breakroom) about being on CC today, some of the amazing friendships I've made through here, about my flying to various states over the last couple of years just to get all squishy with someone I clicked with online/through messaging, and how I have another cuddle based trip coming up next month...

Yep, I told them about the "MO Cuddles" meet up!!

They were so receptive and positive about it all! One even texted me tonight (after some TikTok shares), "Also I love that you're part of a cuddle club aaaaaa" ~ Isn't that just the best?!! 🥰

So yeah... it took awhile to talk about it beyond my closest friends and my family, but Yes! ~ People know I'm a cuddler.

• edited April 2022

I'm curious about the ways in which people might fear being stigmatized for paying for cuddling. I've told my closest friends, those who would understand because they know who I am. I also told a woman who has been a sporadically present friend, and we cuddled a little. I would tell one of two family members who also are not prone to assumptions of the worst kind. I regret telling one ex-friend, who had been very close to me for decades, because he likened paying for cuddling as the same as patronizing sex workers, while not even getting the desired service. He obviously didn't get it. He was disdainful, as if paying for somebody to support a basic need, was a moral failing. I don't trust people in general to understand. I imagine that professional cuddlers have met with suspicious looks upon explaining what they do for some of their income, though I'm sure many are also supportive. I'm afraid that the professional cuddling community is largely in the closet.

• [Deleted User]FearCrow (deleted user)

No one knows I'm a cuddler, but any of my friends know I'm a cuddler. Family wouldn't understand they just get so negative about anything. But cuddling a basic need I think, it raises serotonin, dopamine, and endorphins; which promotes health in a lot of ways.

• My immediate family knows and supports, and so do any potential partners or friends when I meet them. I list my cuddle practise on my personal social media even. I’ve been done hiding for a while, and I feel so much freer and safer with people knowing what I do and why. As both a pro, and an enthusiast.

• [Deleted User]LunaHug (deleted user)

No. My private life is just that. If I feel them open minded enough then maybe I might tell them otherwise why even explain myself to anyone.

• Nobody, most of the time I feel alone. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a happy go lucky person but when it comes to confiding in some or needing support when you feel down, that’s when I feel alone.

• Everything In my life is a need to know basis . Cuddling is nice, but there is so much more that makes up your existence. I don't go around telling everybody about my personal life. It's not that interesting nor does it matter .

• [Deleted User]Btown (deleted user)

Some of my friends and family know but I make no effort to spread the word.

• Some of my friends and family know!

• Only my closest loved ones, the rest no.

• In my case, I'm afraid Google knows. That means everyone knows. I'm okay with that, it pre-selects the people who come into my life, which means less work for me.