Do other people know you’re a Cuddler?

For me, they wouldn’t understand the need for that personal touch and attention. It is scientifically proven that cuddling provides many benefits. I love to help people in every way I can, so I love this as a profession too.

1. Does your family or friends know you cuddle?138 votes
    1. Family
        7.25%
    2. Friends
      32.61%
    3. Nobody
      60.14%

Comments

• edited December 2021

Poll should have a family and friends option.

But most of my family and all of my friends know at this point. Some do make judgements, but that's their loss, not mine. For the most part people ask me more about what it is and why I do it. When I explain it to them, why I do it and what it provides me, they have a completely different perspective and I get a visibly different attitude!

• Yea all my friends and family know

• A few people know.

I just got in some cuddles last night with a friend from out of town. I’ve got several cuddly friends.

• My family knows and the majority of my friends know. Most everyone is open minded and accepting, also often very intrigued or interested. Of everyone I’ve shared what I do with I’ve been met with two people who openly disapprove and judge.

• @CuddlesByDeep - you’re right.. I should have included a friends and family option. 😖

• Various people know. I don't hide it but I don't tell people out of the blue either.

• I’ve only told my brother, and even then only because my lips were loosened by the devil’s water. My parents would almost certainly judge it as prostitution and I haven’t felt the need to tell my friends even though I’m sure they would understand.

• I told everyone, even my intensely religious fundamentalist parents. There isn't anyone left in my life who doesn't know because I certainly never shut up about it 😆

• edited December 2021

Everybody knows, it's an ordinary part of life. I haven't told a client but in appropriate circumstances I would quite happily. I've never had a bad reaction. Many people don't understand at all, but they accept it.

My parents are elderly, committed, lifelong Christians. I took a cuddlebuddy to stay for a night when we were passing through. They knew who she was and welcomed her. My mum caught us cuddling in bed, which she really wasn't expecting ..... she just laughed.

Really, I need to write a proper essay on the morality of telling/not telling but Christmas Day isn't the time. Merry Christmas everyone!

• All my friends and family know

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)

My family don't know but it's more a matter of it never coming up or being relevant than it being something I've hidden from them, most friends know because it's come up/been relevant more often with them.

• Nobody knows I am a cuddler except for my cuddle family here

• When my ex found out about me cuddling (I was logged on, on my child’s iPad and accidentally forgot to log out) he shamed me and told my family I was a prostitute. Oh and he sent them the screen shots of my conversation with a client I was meeting at a hotel.

It was a devasting time for me. I knew I was doing absolutely nothing wrong. But my mom was upset with me, trying to convince to stop and how could I put myself in danger that way. And I’m not thinking about my family by doing this. It was just bad. So I stopped for a while. And when I started again, I never told anyone about it.

It’s been a year and to this day no one knows I’m cuddling again. I really really wish I could be open about this. I almost feel like I’m living a double life :(

My neighbors also give me funny looks when they see men coming in and out of my house at times. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Maybe one day I won’t care what other people think!

• But I love what I do and I’m not going to stop doing something I not only love doing, but makes others and myself happy! ❤️

• @RoxannneFoxanne That is horrible and sheds some light why some of us have reasons to remain private about this. Don’t let his vindictiveness deny you happiness.

• My family and some of my friends know. They do not judge and most want to become a professional cuddler as well. At first I was nervous about telling them knowing my friends and family and that they Willis be so supportive made this a lot easier for me. I’m happy that I have people in my life who do not judge and have and understanding personalities. I’m happy I became a cuddler. Yes I am new to this but the ones I have cuddle have told me how much I have helped them and that means so much to me

• Most people in my personal life know. They're pretty accepting about it.

• The people I cuddle with know.

Seriously though, I've told a select few close friends, including my two coolest sisters.

• It doesn't really come up in conversation, but if it does, I share that I do it and how great it is.

• 2 people in my family know, and a few friends know.

• Everyone knows in my life 🎄❣️

• EVERYONE in my life knows. They’re all supportive but my parents don’t understand it at all and think I’m a weirdo but then I’ve always been a bit off the wall.😂

• I'm pretty open about it, it's better to normalize something that is ( in my opinion) positive.

• Everyone. 😂😂😂💕💕💕

• edited December 2021

@YourEmbraceMel for some reason your post made a moment from my past flash into my mind. I was a student. It was 7 o'clock on a Sunday morning, and I was wearing a dinner suit (tuxedo). I was halfway through breaking into the upper ground/first (i.e. second) floor of a house and had become stranded half in and half out of a window I had prised open when I became aware that a police officer in uniform was observing me from the street. Due to the precarious nature of my position I was unable to make eye contact, but I did see him slowly shake his head in a mixture of puzzlement and despair. On my next oscillation he was gone, but I will always remember that headshake.

I suspect that the look on his face was not dissimilar to the look on your parents'.

Edit: I'm pretty sure it was on Redland Road in Bristol. Ain't Google streetview wonderful?

• @RoxannneFoxanne Your post is exactly why I fear telling anyone about it. Thank you very much for sharing.

• @CuddleDuncan That’s a funny story! Yes that’s probably the same look! My Mum said “how can you give strangers affection?”

Because I can!! 🤷‍♀️

• Nobody in my life really. A few friends and that's it.

• When I was doing stand-up comedy a few years back, my routine was about coming out as homoromantic asexual and I mentioned how I'd just "gotten lucky" and met someone on a cuddle site -- so I guess I've pretty much gone public!

• I tell my friends and acquaintances but not my family. My family is a bit conservative as well as fearful. I hide many aspects of myself from them to maintain our relationships. But what they don't know won't hurt them haha and I believe in the services I provide 😀