Is my profile too technical?

Thinking of adjusting my profile and wanted to get some feedback before hand. I can handle constructive criticism so please don't hold back.

Comments

• edited January 2022

@herby357 I liked reading your profile. You state why it is that you seek to cuddle, and put enough information to make people feel safe and comfortable. Not sure I am the best judge as to your question regarding whether it's too "technical," but you come across as personable to me. It is also clear that you take your healing seriously and really like that you state you look to connect with other cuddlers with the same healing mindset around cuddling.

Obviously since you cuddle only women I wouldn't send you a cuddle request, but if I were near you I'd enjoy meeting up with you for coffee or such.

• @herby357 I love your profile!!! I don't think it sounds clinical. Its just nice and clear.

"I've come to develop a nuanced sensibility in separating intimacy and romance while also discerning between sensuality and sexuality. This is something that informs my thoughts on boundaries and consent, a topic I like to explore in detail with any potential cuddle partner prior to a session."

^^ I love this and I'm developing the same skills. Good for you.

• @herby357 - I don't think your profile is too technical. You are very specific about what you're seeking in a cuddle partner, and that's a good thing! 😊

• Good morning!!!! Those are some really early Tuesday morning ponderings! Your profile looks so fantastic. I especially appreciate the extra pics and the SMILE!!! (If I am in VA, I too would love to connect for coffee like @CuddlesByDeep 😊)

I appreciate your willingness to put this out there and ask for feedback. I think you have already been informed that I think you are amazing so its easier to give my opinion here.... It feels a little weird to be discussing this in front of everyone..... but you asked for different perspectives.... so..... the only critiques I would have might be that with the technicality's you might unknowingly be excluding some people and I'm not sure if that is in fact what you are trying to do.

I know there is a lot of debate about this point below.... so.... From a female ENTHIUSIAST I would feel quite a bit of pressure with this statement.

Therefore, I frame cuddling in a similar manner to a session with a psychologist or massage therapist, but have found cuddling to be much more fulfilling from a holistic healing standpoint.

I love cuddling... and I love the benefits of the snuggle, but I couldn't possibly be put on the same level as a massage therapist or psychologist and I might not feel up to the task you are presenting if you are trying to attract the attention of an enthusiast instead of a pro.

"To help me avoid" might be more appropriate/user friendly as opposed

To avoid any of the emotional or physical confusion that can occur in a pleasant cuddle encounter

This is only because you can't control anyone's emotions but your own. Someone might get attached to you regardless of what you do to prevent and avoid it.

I am really thankful for someone who wants to talk about stuff ahead of time. THAT is phenomenal and not many cuddlers understand the benefits of this guideline!!

This point of view has allowed me to be authentically vulnerable

Authentic--- Vulnerable----- Because of communication and discussion?!?!?!? πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’— Fabulous

Looking forward to sessions with cuddlers that consider themselves healers on some level.

This probably goes along with the first thing a little bit. Lots of discussion here, but I don't feel like I have the capability to heal anyone. I feel like we have joint things that we can offer each other and we both have the ability to find healing through a cuddle, but I would never consider myself a healer. I suppose it goes back to who you are hopeful to connect with. I mean.... I personally would feel like I didn't have the skills you are looking for in a mutual cuddling connection.

Like @Green_Eyes mentioned..... Your specificity really shows thoughtfulness, and gives clarity to what you are looking for. I think you are amazing @herby357 and I'm thankful you are a part of this community!!!

@MxSmith πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’— ^^ I love this and I'm developing the same skills. ME TOO!!!

• Absolutely love your profile. Very well written and expressed. 😊

• edited January 2022

@herby357

I for the most part found it a bit too wordy, so I've made some suggestions on how you can make it more concise. Feel free to take whatever you like or none at all. :)

Edit/Draft 1:

"As a person with a chronic illness that limits my energy level, platonic cuddling for me is (a) necessary and therapeutic (pursuit). Therefore, I (frame cuddling) see it in a similar manner to (a session with a psychologist or) massage therapy, but have found (cuddling) it to be much more fulfilling from a holistic healing standpoint.

(To avoid any of the emotional or physical confusion that can occur in a pleasant cuddle encounter,) I('ve come to) develop[ed] a nuanced sensibility in separating intimacy and romance while also discerning between sensuality and sexuality. (This is something that) Which informs my thoughts on boundaries and consent, a topic I like to explore in detail with any potential cuddle partner (before a session).

This (point of view) viewpoint has allowed me to be (authentically) vulnerable (in a space to fully enjoy the healing energy) and enjoy the * (natural) * mood boosting high that comes from cuddling."

The * parts of the original that I edited * above and below:

"As a person with a chronic illness that limits my energy level, platonic cuddling for me is a necessary and therapeutic pursuit. Therefore, I frame cuddling in a similar manner to a session with a psychologist or massage therapist, but have found cuddling to be much more fulfilling from a holistic healing standpoint.

To avoid any of the emotional or physical confusion that can occur in a pleasant cuddle encounter, I've come to develop a nuanced sensibility in separating intimacy and romance while also discerning between sensuality and sexuality. This is something that informs my thoughts on boundaries and consent, a topic I like to explore in detail with any potential cuddle partner prior to a session.

*This point of view has allowed me to be authentically vulnerable in a space to fully enjoy the healing energy and natural high that comes from the oxytocin, serotonin, and other hormones our bodies release when we are touched for an extended period of time." *

Edit:

took out a section I accidentally put here. I had to do another edit as it didn't seem to take out the part I removed. Then I had to put in a part I may have accidentally took out. It should be good now. :)

'Final' edit:

"As a person with a chronic illness that limits my energy level, platonic cuddling for me is necessary and therapeutic. Therefore, I see it in a similar manner to massage therapy, but have found it to be much more fulfilling from a holistic healing standpoint.

I developed a nuanced sensibility in separating intimacy and romance (needs a comma?) while also discerning between sensuality and sexuality. Which informs my thoughts on boundaries and consent, a topic I like to explore in detail with any potential cuddle partner.

This viewpoint has allowed me to be vulnerable and enjoy the mood boosting high that comes from cuddling."

Kind of a Sidenote:

"Looking forward to sessions with cuddlers that consider themselves healers on some level."

I'd consider losing that bit, unless it's something you're set on given it means a lot to you. Or just want to stick by it for whatever reason. The reason being, I enjoy cuddling and having a mutual exchange of comfort. However I similarly to what @sillysassy said, don't go around thinking that I'm a healer. It made me feel excluded (hey, if someone like that is what you really want, go you!) and wonder what even that is supposed to convey. Also I've read someone's thoughts on the "someone who is a healer" viewpoint and she was not in favor saying along the lines of it is silly at best to think we heal people, cause people heal themselves, we just provide them with the conditions to heal. And I think I'd agree with that as well, although I'm a bit on the fence about it right now... I'd still take it out for the reasons I mentioned.

Perhaps if you're trying to convey you want to find someone caring, you may choose to reword it,* using a word like "caring." Though even that I'd avoid, unless you start running into people who aren't mutually caring and that you feel it necessary to mention.

• PS. Voicing compliments doesn't really come naturally to me lol. Though like others said, I too think the gist of your profile is awesome. :)

• [Deleted User]Chris55555 (deleted user)

Just my two bits
    1. Being accessible is important.
    2. Writing conversationally makes a reader warm to you before they meet you.
    3. You being completely yourself is what helps (and if this way of presenting yourself is you then stick with it).

• [Deleted User]sparkle4513 (deleted user)

I enjoyed reading your profile! You seem to be very open and clear about what you’re looking for. I’d cuddle with you but we are very far apart! lol @herby357

• As a professional cuddler looking at you as a potential client I would think to myself β€œthis guy clearly knows what he needs, understands what cuddle therapy is and respects its boundaries”. The hardest part of my job is helping clients figure out what they need and how I can help them. You come across as an excellent communicator who would be a pleasure to have a session with.

• edited January 2022

Thanks for the feedback. @Lovelight nailed my concern in so far as the profile is a little wordy as opposed to too technical. Thanks again for taking the time to comment.

• I think you should pop some emojis in there. Just makes everything online more fun to read πŸ€©πŸ˜πŸ™ƒ