Has anyone ever been requested to give a massage ?

Blessings Good People! Wishing you all positivity, Love and good faith!

Has anyone ever been requested to give a massage ?

Comments

• edited January 2022

Yes, neck, back, face, hair rubs and working muscles in appropriate areas of the body, can be relaxing during cuddling and with mutual consent. I do inform the receiver before I start that about not actually being a licensed massage therapist (just to avoid being sued or possible legal action).

• edited January 2022

I get this request all the time or get asked if I give massages. I always say, " I can give a brief over the clothes massage, but that it will not be the focus of our session, and I am not a massage therapist." I do not mind massaging a client for a few minutes, but I do not want a client walking in complaining of severe muscle aches expecting a prolonged massage. I am constrained with massage because A: I am not trained or licensed in massage, B: Clients must stay fully clothed throughout the session. C: I do not have a massage table, and it is not comfortable to hunch over and massage someone on a bed for a long time. There are specific ways you can massage while cuddling, but again that is limited to particular places on the body you can reach in certain cuddle positions. I will never initially agree to let a client massage me. I need to establish trust and know they have pure intentions and won't be using massage as a way to push boundaries; yes, some people will try to use massage to push boundaries in cuddle sessions.

Moral of the story: If you have a lot of muscle tension that needs to be addressed all over your body, see a licensed massage therapist. If you would like a shoulder rub as a part of your cuddle session, most people will gladly oblige.

• [Deleted User]stdisc0827 (deleted user)

Very true xan
    Couldn’t have said it better 👏

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)

Yes, once when cuddling with someone + my ex flatmate and I used to give eachother shoulder and upper back massages over clothes.

• I've been offered a massage more than once. Note that this is in the UK where massage is not a protected profession. Obviously it's not the same thing as a formal massage, but it can be a pleasant addition to a session.

@Laflaka here in London is both a top level cuddle therapist and also a trained and highly experienced massage therapist. There may well be others in the US.

• I've both done and requested informal massage many times in a session. Or forms of massage like reflexology, Thai or shiatsu which are all done fully clothed anyways. I'm not a licenced massage professional, and make sure that is clear up front. My own favorite thing is to get fingers run through my hair and get a scalp massage - as I find it very soothing and calming.

• I don't like giving them or getting them. So when I used to pay to cuddle it never came up.

• I go to a massage therapist for massages. I would not expect that from a cuddler.

• I think "massage" is maybe a misunderstood term in this thread. I've gone to licensed massage therapists and hated it. it usually hurts like heck and the last one left me hurting for the next day or two!! but nice back rubs....just gentle rubbing of my back is pure heaven. I just lie there wishing this would never end and imagine this is what heaven must be like. That doesn't take special training. I've had so many pro cuddlers and non pro cuddlers rub my back..its easy for them to do if we're lying in bed together. I've also returned the favor....i had more than one pro cuddler extend our session a half hour or so because she enjoyed me rubbing her back and legs and arms. it feels good.

• I love to give and receive massage! Sometimes it’s requested because I mention it in my profile, but not usually. I do tend to offer them more than they’re requested.

Side note- @SuperManCuddles gives the best massages 🥰

• @SweetiSammi Awe!!! Thank you very much!! 🥰The whole cuddling and massage experience with you was amazing 🤩!!!

• [Deleted User]Zaxsis (deleted user)

Yes. The request becomes part of the conversation with some of the women I have cuddled. And I have received a reciprocal massage without the expectations of receiving a massage. I am not a professional. However, I have been complimented many times on my hand technique. I learned how to give a massage from my female masseuse. Obviously, it is a matter of trust.

• Yes, quite often

• I haven’t yet but I love giving massages and getting them as well

• i love to give and receive massages, back rubs, head scratches, i think its all part of cuddling as a whole, for me to see someone relax to my touch is relaxing for me, its instant validation. some peoples touch will put you to sleep, how cool is that.. communication is everything :smile:

• Even though I am NOT a PRO, I always ask to give massages as part of the healing the power of CUDDLING offers.

• [Deleted User]cuddlebear4U48 (deleted user)

Even though I've never had the pleasure of cuddling with anyone here, I can say that giving a foot, calf, back, shoulder or scalp massage many times is therapeutic for both giver and receiver. Given platonically, it can break the ice and allow for a more calming and pleasant cuddle session. Plus, it makes me happy to give even if I know I'll never receive.

• Thank you all.

• Absolutely love giving and receiving massages within and outside of my cuddle sessions though I’m not a licensed professional and it is never the primary focus.

• I’m getting a lot of requests about giving massages no matter where I travel. Even though I’m a professional massage therapist I prefer not to give professional massages during a cuddle. As @xandriarain already mentioned, we are supposed to stay fully dressed at all times and also, I don’t travel with my massage table.
    I love giving and receiving back rubs in specific cuddle positions or to give head and neck massages, most of my clients love that and literally melt away 😊

• No, figuratively

• edited January 2022

@audiguy85 - yes, she meant literally and only does it with clients she’d rather not see again. :)

@Melancholy - I’m really sorry you’ve had that experience. It’s all too common. There are too many massage therapists (and clients) who believe that massage has to be painful in order to be therapeutic. It’s nonsense. When one causes pain, one causes a stress response and the physiological effects are exactly the opposite of what you want to induce. Painful massage can temporarily relieve pain by releasing endorphins but it’s not a good strategy. There are better non-painful alternatives.

There are massage therapists who give soothing, gentle massage. If you ever decide to try again, ask the specifically if they do that.

I confess I was once a massage terrorist and gave it up many years ago. I’ve been trying to get MTs to stop hurting their clients for over a decade. There’s a lot of work to do.

• I haven't had a cuddling session yet but I think respectful massage could integrate well in the therapy

• I always tell clients that I am not a professional masseuse, but I am more than happy to give amateur back rubs, scalp massages, arm massages/light scratching, etc.