Who knew..

[Deleted User]dove1111 (deleted user)
edited January 2022 in Professional Cuddling

I just became a professional cuddler and it’s still a bit ..how do i Say this a lot! But I hope it goes well for me and for other pros! Be safe

Comments

• edited January 2022

I highly recommend that you do some type of training before you dive in. Cuddlist, certified cuddlers and Cuddle sanctuary all offer a training programs, they even have some free safety courses. I know on the surface Cuddling doesn’t sound complicated but there’s so much important stuff around communication consent and boundaries and just generally being able to say no and stand up for yourself that you need to learn and practice and feel comfortable where is before you can safely screen clients and have sessions.

• Welcome @dove1111. @xandriarain is right - it's all very well reading the stuff at the top of the FAQ thread and digging through the Professional Cuddling board for advice (there is plenty) - but really you need proper training. There is a lot more to this cuddling lark than first appears.

• If you have any questions, message me. I’d love to help 🌸🌸

• Same here, I’m always happy to help another pro cuddler out.

• edited January 2022

@dove1111 if you decide you want to do training message me. I’ll ask around in my community for folks that have done the training already to see who kept their information :). Don’t waste the hundreds of dollars when others have the info available for free.

Yoga, massage, reiki etc are all modalities that are getting genetrified to no end cuddling is JUST touch based healing . You don’t have to pay $$$ if it’s not in your budget just because someone else brought a trademark and a domain lol.

@dove1111 my whole community is in atlanta Jonesboro etc message me when you have moment I’ll link you in with the cultural healing community in Atl Sis. Really DO NOT feed into the pay so much money to learn to cuddle BS.

• edited January 2022

• @hertouch some of the people who wrote these courses have put a lot of effort, time and skill into creating them. I'm curious: why do you think they should not be paid? And why are you offering to collude with a stranger in stealing that work?

• @CuddleDuncan - my thoughts exactly.

• @xandriarain which trainings have been your favorites? I'm fairly experienced, but haven't done any traditional trainings (just been to cuddle parties and been cuddling for... wow almost 4 years!)

• @desi_babe So I’ve only done Cuddlist Training. @KeeleyShoup Has taken all the trainings and has some videos on her TikTok channel comparing them. I think Cuddlist is good because not only do you get training but you can then become eligible to be a member and it gives you another platform to be on. Last year when business got really slow I finally did the Cuddlist Training and became a member there because I wasn’t getting enough clients on here. Cuddle sanctuary pretty much only exists in California but anyone can take the training. And honestly I don’t know a whole lot about certified cuddlers they have listings for professional cuddlers but it looks very outdated but maybe I am wrong. I am starting a new course next week called snuggle school. I’m hoping it will help me connect with clients in a more meaningful way.
    https://snuggle-school.teachery.co/snuggleschoolinfo