Male/Female friendships

2»

Comments

• As I’ve gotten older, it’s gradually come to the point that I have more friends who are women than ones who are men. And not all of them are exes! 🙂😅

• [Deleted User]cuddlemisfit (deleted user)

Its all about communication just like any other relationship. There may or may not be a need for boundries. There is nothing wrong with having boundries one way or another.

A male/female friendship is like any other friendship. Just depends what the people involved want out of that friendship. I mean just like any friendship we have to know what peoples intentions are when becoming friends. So just depends on the person(s). But its not all that different from a female/female friendship or male/male

• I tend to find more joy in friendships with females perhaps to due to the fact the females are kinder and more caring by nature, and from my experience, I am attracted to people that are friendly and kind, however this has caused trouble for me in the past as I showed too much interest in the female friends that were kind to me, while some I was interested in pursuing a relationship with, not all were like that, I just enjoyed their company and their presence.

I am a male 25 years old.

• edited January 2022

I'm afraid of all people. Men and women. Humans scare me. I'd rather be friends with a dog.

• I love my male platonic friends dearly. I regularly meet them for coffee/ lunch and my hubby is ok with that. It would be nice if that was more normalised tbh.

• @YourEmbraceMel (does tagging work here?)

Just wanted to say I couldn’t agree more. My most recent partner never questioned the time I spent with friends who are women, including the ones who were exes-turned-excellent friends!

It’s a shame this isn’t normalized, as you say. I’m afraid people will become more trusting as other people become more trustworthy.

• m
  • @FunCartel Judging from your past experiences and things you've said here, we should be friends. Although I haven't found my small selection of male friends to be so insidiously mercenary. I do feel that most women are just better people on average than men, with notable exceptions. I chalk that up to the effects of privilege and power.

• [Deleted User]Lulupoet (deleted user)

I’m 100% on board with friends of the opposite sex. It’s a huge loss to not be able to have male friends while in relationships because you miss out on the male perspective and important bonding experiences. We need a village to be happy in this human experience. 💗