ESTABLISHING A VIRTUAL ALTERNATIVE DURING PANDEMIC

Hi everyone I hope you are all staying safe and home and away from others to avoid spreading the coronavirus. But lately I’ve been getting more requests for sessions and I don’t I’m not taking any I spent a lot of time thinking what could be an alternative virtual way of completing a session I figured I’d open up a discussion on it and see if any of you have any ideas as to what could go down in a virtual session that may be as emotionally or mentally appealing and Healing to our clients

Comments

• The pandemic isn't as severe as it was in 2020. I have a pro cuddler that I started seeing again maskless, but we are both vaccinated and had our booster shots.

Virtual sessions aren't my thing. It may work for some people, but if I just wanted to talk, I'd call my therapist.

• edited January 2022

The case rate for COVID now compared to a year ago is over twice what it was a year ago. The hospitalization rate is about the same as it was a year ago. The death rate is about one third of what it was a year ago. So, more people sick, less people dying, about the same number of people in the hospital. I’ll cuddle with someone who has been vaccinated and boostered if I know them well enough to know they are consistent about masking in public, avoiding indoor gatherings, & taking other appropriate precautions.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html

• Cuddle Sanctuary offers a course on virtual sessions. You could also reach out to professional cuddlers who do a lot of virtual sessions and ask what they do. I personally have a weird thing where my memory just blocks out video chats but remembers in-person interactions really well. Even after being a professional cuddler for two and a half years I still can be awkward during my consultations which are over video chat so I just don't think virtual sessions are for everyone.

• @Babichev - I think it's kinda silly that restaurants now allow open seating at their bars without masks/distancing and only require a mask to be worn upon entry. The virus must stay away from beer.

• I've never understood the appeal of a paid virtual session. Essentially a client is paying for a video chat. To each his or her own but there's plenty of people offering in person cuddles so I doubt virtual sessions could catch much, assuming the virtual cuddle is sticking to the rules.

• @downonmyluck010 a lot of people find value in doing a virtual chat for a multitude of reasons.

-Maybe they want to get to know someone that’s far away
    -Maybe they’re trying to be safe cuz of Covid and still want a connection with someone
    -Maybe they don’t have enough time to meet in public physically before a cuddle
    -Maybe they like the idea of a video chat where they can do yoga or do fun stuff like word games and whatnot
    -Maybe they don’t have enough courage to go the full way in meeting someone physically
    -Maybe they want someone to play minecraft or COD with.

Almost every single person I know can agree that having physical cuddles is always better but that doesn’t negate the feelings of those that prefer virtual chats. It’s definitely to each their own.

• @Sheena123 💯!! Virtual and phone sessions can provide a plausible and creative alternative means for connection when meeting in person isn’t on the plate for whatever reason.

• @Sheena123 Thanks for informing me on that.