Fantasy tea time

If you could host a tea party with any five individuals who have ever lived, who would you invite?
Mine would be Steve Irwin, Stephen Hawking, Christopher Lee, Napoleon Bonaparte, and Reba McEntire.
Hard to pick only five, but you don’t want a crowded tea party.

Comments

• @Travismo Why Steve Irwin? To hear if his last words were “Ayyye Crikey!”?

• Jesus Christ, Achilles, Adam, Eve, and the talking snake. The great thing about these five is I could sip my tea in peace because you can’t have tea with invented beings.

• @FunCartel grouchy! 😆
    I want queen Elizabeth, Leonard Cohen, and Elmo. They can invite their guests, space permitting, and as status dictates. The queen can bounce Elmo if she bounces his caretaker.

• edited January 2022

My wife and I and some family members that have passed away.

• @biancalovecraft I was having a moment of solitude. Love that Leonard Cohen invite!

• [Deleted User]Saysoh (deleted user)

Noam Chomsky, Jordan Peterson, Plato, Ghengis Khan, Joe Rogan, Dan Carlin, Robin Williams, Anthony Burdain. My list of people I'd love to have conversations with is incredibly long.

• @Saysoh If you have Chomsky you have to invite Vygotsky so they can have their social vs biological arguments (oversimplification of what it was about, but nonetheless!)

• My 5 would be Albert Einstein / Warren Buffet / Elon Musk / Satoshi Nakamoto (assuming this is 1 person) & Bernie Sanders.

• Tig Notaro, Demitri Martin, Trevor Noah,
    David Letterman and Steve Martin (plus a mess of other deep thinking/thoughtful funny people).

• @quixotic_life Demitri Martin is one of my favorites!

• edited January 2022

Jim Walton, Michael Bloomberg, Mark Zuckerberg, Elon Musk, and Jeff Bezos.

(Shh… the tea is poisoned. 🤫)

Since this is strictly a fantasy, the poison has an antidote called giving 99% of your wealth to repairing the damage caused by unchecked capitalism.

—-

If poison were not being served, I’d pick Ralph Nader, Martin Luther King Jr., Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Mackenzie Scott, and journalist, Sucheta Dalal, to report on the incredible tea.

• Terence McKenna, Bell Hooks, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Tom Waits, Arthur Schopenhauer.

• edited January 2022

Norman Cousins, Charlie Chaplin, William Styron, Joan of Arc, Richard Pryor

Cousins because he learned that laughter can conquer life’s greatest challenges. One of the first to write about laugh therapy and how he believed it to be responsible for outliving the doctors’ predictions of his expected life by over 30 years.

Chaplin, just because you need to laugh with or without words

Styron because he wrote about the darkest of the dark subjects in more than one book

Joan of Arc, vanity pic here. I just have so many questions.

Richard Pryor, no greater comedic storyteller

Styron will make us cry, Joan will have us guessing, and the others will make us laugh. If you can’t laugh you are not living. Not really.

• Benjamin Franklin, Mark Twain, Carl Sagan, Cleopatra, Anne Frank,

• OMG! @MonkeyNeedsAHug ~ I love it!! 💓🐒

• Malcolm X. Ali ibn Abi Talib. Prince (so I can challenge him to a one of one). Buddah. Alexander the Great.

• RIchard Feynman, my paternal grandfather, Imogen Cunningham, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, and Tim Minchin. My grandfather would not fit well into that group but I think the other four would produce some fun & interesting conversation. My grandfather died when I was only 11 months old, I’d like to know more about him.

• Sometimes I think I'm on the wrong website .....

Keith Richards
    Ava Gardner
    Oliver Reed
    Tallulah Bankhead
    Catherine the Great

• @CuddleDuncan - Oh, I like that!

Really, folks have some great lineups.

Seriously, the people I’d like to talk to the most are my (all deceased) grandparents, great grandparents, my brother, my aunt. But also Richard Feynman.

• Just picked living people: I can’t get passed the fact I’m having a conversation with a dead guy, so not as fun I guess.
    Donald Trump, Elon Musk, Joe Rogan, Charles Barkley, Dwayne Johnson

• Hard one, but if I have to select only five, this would be my list.
    Epictetus, Swami Vivekananda, Mahatma Gandhi, Robin Williams, Roger Federer

• Alice, the White Rabbit, the Mad Hatter, the Red Queen and the dormouse.

• The Four Norsemen of the Alpaca Lips

• Jeff Bezos, Philip Green, Vladimir Putin, Kim Jong Un, and Graham Young.

I hear Graham makes a memorable cup of tea.

(I will not be drinking.)

• @MonkeyNeedsAHug good picks for the poisoned tea. I could invite Tim Cook, Satya from Microsoft, Wilson from ea, kotik from actibliz, and Brack from Blizzard.

• I was going to make an alternative list of people to invite to a poison tea party, but honestly I don’t think I could watch anyone choke on their own saliva as the life fades from their eyes. That’s kinda messed up. That said, I wouldn’t mind at all if Kathleen Kennedy took a sip from Graham Young’s special brew. “No source material” indeed.

• [Deleted User]MortMortensen (deleted user)

@Mela_B

Yes for Tom Waits!

• Kate Bush, Bonnie Gordon, J. R. R. Tolkien, Gandhi, Isambard Kingdom Brunel

• Frieda Belinfante, bell hooks, Edie Sedgwick, Camille Claudel, Hedy Lamarr