What are the reasons "enthusiasts" don't respond to messages?

edited February 2022 in General

I've contacted numerous enthusiasts (I don't do paid cuddling) since I joined last June. My response rate is close to zero, and so far, no cuddling has ensued. It's not just me--I've seen similar comments from many other men here. Aside from the obvious (wrong age range, visually unappealing, offensive/disturbing profile), what are the reasons enthusiasts typically have a lack of interest? I'm starting to think that most of the "enthusiasts" are only here because they're curious or bored or seeking attention and have no interest in actually meeting for cuddling.

Comments

• I have seen several enthusiasts but they do take a greater investment of time. I think you would get better opinions if the message you sent to an enthusiast was available to read.

• I think it's partly the same as on a lot of dating sites ... it's free to make a profile, so people do it to see what response they will get, but don't intend to carry through. Also, my guess would be female enthusiasts are absolutely buried in messages and may even just give up on trying to get through them.

• @FitSmartCuddler this is one of the most commented threads on here. All I can tell you is your profile is first impression. Most male enthusiasts profiles are zero words and zero pictures. An enthusiast woman has to go through many of these before finding yours. That's why I like the karma after 5 now on our profiles. Anything to stick out a little from the crowd. Yours is fine btw. I see you are only available 2 nights a week (Fri /Sat) so that may limit cuddling some.

But as always welcome back to CC. Hope you are very successful here. 😊👍

• Honestly, your username is kind of pretentious. As a professional, I see it as a red flag that you may be trying to attract more than cuddling. I can only assume an enthusiast would view it the same way.

• "Honestly, your username is kind of pretentious. "

So, you think if my username was something like "Bob1049288373," I would get a lot more responses? I doubt it.

Do you think the professionals who post pictures clearly displaying an ample bosom get less responses because that's viewed as "pretentious"? I doubt that, too.

• And your response… pretentious.

Humble yourself.

• With women being absolutely outnumbered, the enthusiast women get bombarded for sure. And unfortunately a lot of these messages are derogatory/sexual/downright rude. So it makes them extra picky and as a women myself, we like to take a lot of time in vetting people were about to let into our private life. But even before communication begins, we have to go with our gut. There could be 2 women enthusiasts in a city where there are 120 men enthusiasts. Surely we can understand that means those poor 2 unsuspecting women are about to obliterated in messages 😓😓

From the conversations I’ve had with many women, they either get overwhelmed and or grossed out and leave or they realize it’s something they can capitalize on and it will also hopefully lower the amount of men going nuts.

So even before first impressions are thrown in there, understand that the women (especially enthusiasts) go through a lot. And it takes a lot of time, patience and eventually a large amount of back and forth until a rapport is made.

• The above reasons are what I figure, which is why I don't initiate contact. If someone wants to cuddle with me, they'll have to contact me first, because I'm sure any message I send won't even be noticed, plus I'm not good at... talking.

• @FitSmartCuddler If your posts truly are requests for information and help, one might think you would accept that help when it's offered with kindness. The fact that you double down and push back against this kind offer of help, suggests that you really aren't asking for help, but venting instead.

Remember that the enthusiasts who you are trying to connect with may be on this forum. As such, your responses amount to writing your own karma.

• @FitSmartCuddler , I’ll tell you right now with the kind of messages you’re putting out right here in this thread, you’re very slim chances are dwindling even more….

• @FitSmartCuddler here is how not to be pretentious: Don’t tell us who you are, show us. If you are fit you can write in your profile that you enjoy physical activities, if you’re smart describe your intellectual interests . I try to avoid adjectives when describing myself and instead talk about my background, goals and interests. I let other people make their own conclusions about my character and personality. My motto is be relatable rather than aspirational. If you come off as high and mighty, potential enthusiasts are not gonna feel like they can be themselves or open up around you. If you portray yourself as welcoming, non-judgemental, and as someone who can laugh at themselves, you will be a lot more approachable.

• Two for one, as the OP is in timeout for 7 days.

I'm locking this one as well.

-Sid

This discussion has been locked.