Being a Male Pro

[Deleted User]Mrcuddletastic (deleted user)

Hello fine people of Cuddle Comfort. I just wanted get a general consensus, would you ladies here.... whether pro or enthusiast, actually consider paying for a male pro or would you rather see another enthusiast for free? Please be honest. It won't hurt my male pro feelings. haha.

Comments

• I would absolutely hire a pro over seeing an enthusiast. By paying, I'm more likely to ensure that I'll be respected and receive the care I want because the time is dedicated to me.

• You should look through past threads on male pros and their experiences. There are many such threads.

It’s fairly common to find on the forum women who say they would hire a male pro. What’s much less common is to find women who actually have done so.

• At this point, now that I've been cuddling for a year, I might hire a pro if I could not get my cuddle needs met any other way. I'm not sure that I would hire a male pro if this cuddling thing was new to me, like if I'd never heard of it before.

• I’d consider it. I’d hope it would be less hassle than dealing with pushy enthusiasts. The only male pro listed in St. Louis is asking $400/hr. I don’t know if that’s a typo and they meant $40 or if they are serious. Perhaps I should ask. However, he doesn’t appear to be someone with experience and if that’s the case I’d probably be no worse off taking chances on another enthusiast.

• I'm trying to convince myself to give it a try. I know very few men are successful with it, though.

• Like selling snow to Alaskans

• I do consider hiring a pro when I travel, but I would likely hire a female pro.
    1. for safety
    2. I want to guarantee someone will play with my hair. I've only met women (and gay men) who are good at this. If I'm paying for a session I want to make sure it's going to include my favorite thing.

• I personally don’t have the need for a pro male cuddler, as I have predominantly male cuddle clients, a husband, and male and female friends (and non binary❤️) I would be safe cuddling with. It isn’t the market for me, but I’m sure it’s a market for some others!

• I would %100 hire a pro and love interacting with pros transactionally or otherwise as I much enjoy networking / mutual support / mutual development / exploring business synergy / friendship and just meeting new people.

I am always down to connect traveling pros with respectful clients I’ve been grateful to encounter and of course can help with any who would like to venture into my “territories” with securing or navigating housing or travel accommodations, and any extend safety and security provisions as well.

Absolutely agree with what @Mela_B stated above! Especially as a single woman who prides herself in giving my time and energy to friends, family and clients, sometimes I just need to be held and cared for unconditionally in a safe space with no expectations of reciprocation.

• edited February 2022

@Babichev have you messaged this male pro? That seems to be a pretty steep price, high likelihood it's a typo. I'm guessing this pro isn't getting legit requests due to that typo, so sending a message inquiring of the price might actually be helpful to him.

• edited February 2022

I don’t need a male pro because I am already a pro at being a male.

Scary, right?

• It's one thing to say you would be willing, but how many of you have actually hired a male pro?

• This might have been mentioned. Perhaps not in this thread but it has been mentioned many times. So what is one more time: If you are male pro you should be open to cuddling males or you will find your cuddling career over before it starts. Someone who used to run a cuddling site told me females never requested male pros. I'm sure someone will say that there are females that do hire male pros. I won't dispute them and I won't say it doesn't happen. I'll just repeat my main point: If you are male pro you should be open to cuddling males or you will find your cuddling career over before it starts.

• edited February 2022

@Jkay us bald men would really love to play with your hair. It fills a void in our own lives 🤪😂

• edited February 2022

@robroo since she has multiple pricing levels depending on one's identity maybe you can ask if she has a special rate for bald men :)

• edited February 2022

@dave31415
    Like selling snow to Alaskans.
    Lol, pretty much sums it up.

• @robroo find bald dudes. Noted :)

• If I hired a pro, male or female, they would need to demonstrate skills education and experience that warranted them being able to charge for their services. There are a few profiles of pros here that have piqued my interest, but do not live in my area.

• @CuddlesByDeep - I’ve thought of it but I haven’t. There’s nothing about his profile that makes me think he’s really serious about being a pro but I might send him a message anyway just in case it’s a typo.

• probability of it happening is really slim haha

• @Babichev male pros typically pay a flat monthly fee, whether they book anything or not. It makes it harder for "casual" male pros with an attitude of "I don't really want to do this, but I will if someone is willing to pay me at the rate of __" to really be around.

• @dave31415 or "like carrying coals to Newcastle," though that is an archaic and lesser-known expression. Anyway, "like selling snow to Alaskans" reminded me of it.

@snugbuddy "If you are male pro you should be open to cuddling males or you will find your cuddling career over before it starts." Honestly I don't know of more than a handful of male cuddlers in the world who have any cuddling careers at all. I haven't had many responses to my discussion thread MALE Pros: How has professional cuddling been for you?, and one outlandish response did not add up. I know of a few men from Cuddlist who have a client once in a while. So, will a male cuddler's "cuddle career" get off the ground if he cuddles men? I doubt it. In my first year as a professional cuddler, I have been paid by women twice who canceled their sessions, and I've been paid by a man once who kept his session.

I created another discussion, Do you think male pros should be allowed to cuddle only women? because this site tells people thinking of becoming a pro that the requirements are:

• You have a photo to attach.
    • You can be affectionate to anyone.
    • You are accepting of all races, ages, genders, and sexual orientations.
    • You should be reliable with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
    • You understand and agree to the Cuddler Contract.

Most respondents said that male professional cuddlers should not have to cuddle male clients, and the site admins take a laissez-faire approach to this by allowing pros to configure their profile settings to select the gender of those they will cuddle. I think very few men would pony up even $20 a month if they actually had to cuddle men. Perhaps there are men who are making money cuddling women but have not responded to my question "How has professional cuddling been for you?" Who knows? The truth is that as hard as we try to find data, we really don't know. I think I can safely surmise, though, from what data I have collected, that very few men make even a little money cuddling. If you ask me, it's a weird world we live in where women are bombarded with cuddle clients and men can't even give it away.

But, in the words of the great Martin Luther King, Jr., "I have a dream that one day" men will find many people to cuddle them, be they of any gender and be they clients or enthusiasts. Those of us who are reaching out to enthusiasts and clients are years, or maybe decades, ahead of our time. Yay for us!

• @Jkay .. EXCHANGING Scalp massages 💆‍♀️💆‍♂️💆is a REQUIREMENT...I make sure is understood before I even exchange #s🤣🤣🤣

• [Deleted User]funhugger (deleted user)

This is just me but NO. There are a lot of factors but in my opinion, looks and attraction has to play a BIG part for male pros to be hired (of course, security among other stuff).

Female enthusiasts can pm any male enthusiasts and most likely male enthusiasts will be more than happy to oblige because the window of opportunities for men are very low.

It is the reality of the world. Women most of the time (if not always) get what they want over men when it comes to who they want to have relationships with, courtships and relative to the discussion, who they want to cuddle with. Us men on the otherhand have to be less picky especially if not very good looking or attractive.

I would agree that male pros get some bookings BUT to other man as well, not to women.

But I am a dude, and I would like to be proven wrong. So, if you get some booking, update us :)

• @GODHANDS Scalp Massage exchange!!!! Where do I sign up???

• [Deleted User]Governor (deleted user)

Sign up with me Jkay! Anything you want. I always give great care to my clients.

• @Governor when you say clients, it sound like you consider yourself a pro cuddler and that you charge. Just in case that is what you’re doing, you’ll need to apply and be accepted as a pro by the site first before having clients. 🌸

• [Deleted User]Governor (deleted user)

I'm not a "pro" in that sense and certainly not on here. I'm sure CC thanks you for taking a militant stance for them. No, I'm not making any money off of this site ... so cool your jets.

• edited February 2022

@Governor ouch… I didn’t mean to trigger. I was hoping you would understand why I would make that mistake. You mention clients and you’ve also mentioned in your karma to others that you’re a pro cuddler. I just wanted to make sure you weren’t just confused. Sorry to bug.

• @CuddlesByDeep - good point about the male pros having to pay $20/month. I decided to go back and check this guy’s profile. He hasn’t logged on in two months. I did send a message and ask if that’s really his rate or if it’s a typo.

@Governor - we get a LOT of untagged pros. We rely on members to help report them. It seems some folks either don’t realize one must have a pro account to charge or else try to slip by because every day we identify several untagged pros. @Sheena123 is well within the custom here for pointing that out.