When Pros are anything but professional

[Deleted User]cuddlebear4U48 (deleted user)

So I sent a appointment request to a pro, she responds a month after the scheduled date, so I request another appointment, she confirms with a slight adjustment to the time. I accept the adjustment. She does not respond to any message and the appointment comes and goes with no communication from her other than she's thankful I actually read her bio and followed her requests. So what does it mean to be a pro?

Comments

• Unfortunately anyone can sign up to be a pro which means the site will include “pros” that don’t actually care about cuddling. It sucks. All I can say is if you come across a pro that doesn’t spend any time at all confirming nearing sessions or even spending any time getting to know you at least just a bit, maybe avoid them. I strongly dislike that these types of pros make caring pros look bad, but it is what it is. Sorry you had a rough experience 😓

• edited February 2022

@cuddlebear4U48 , what @Sheena123 said is, unfortunately, true. Not everyone with a pro account is a real professional. Some things to look for: when was the last time they were online (it’s there on their page); how long have they been doing this (also on their page); do they have karma? This won’t guarantee a successful interaction but it might help avoid some of those who are not really committed.

There are some wonderful pros who take pro cuddling seriously and work at bringing a high level of professionalism to pro cuddling. They are worth seeking out.

• edited February 2022

This is, sadly, an all too familiar story. The first thing to remember is that CC is a social networking site, not an agency of any kind. The really tragic part is that, even though the hurdle for signing up as a professional is low, the "vast majority" of applicants are rejected.

There is nothing you can do to guarantee that you won't have such an experience. However, there are a lot of things you can do to make it less likely. One of them is, do not start with an appointment request. Start with a simple message, and develop it into a brief conversation. Most professionals work part time, so ask them what days and times in the week are good for them. The quality of the response to this kind of conversation is not an infallible guide - I've had poor conversations followed by great cuddles - but it helps with managing your expectations.

I started a thread about the different types of professional cuddler that you might find interesting. Note that my categorisation system in that thread (halfway down page 2) is a work in progress: it is not finished. I must get round to finishing it, now that you've reminded me.

• It’s a problem with some pros that do this as a side job because their focus is not this site. I have a request with a pro in my area, sent a booking request and she messaged me saying to contact her at a later date because she was gonna be out of town.
    So I messaged her, sent a booking request when she was back in town and she hasn’t even responded. But that’s par for the course as far as I’m concerned and in the mean time I’ve had sessions with other wonderful pros so I can’t complaint.

• @CuddleDuncan where did you hear the vast majority of applications are rejected? I know several people who applied and got accepted, I have never heard of anyone getting rejected.

• edited February 2022

@xandriarain it's something Mark said in the forum. I remember it because I was slightly taken aback by the scale. He didn't go into details. I also have a hazy recollection of a previous comment about the surprisingly high effectiveness of the simple "why do you want to be a professional cuddler" question.

I assume it includes obvious fake accounts, sex workers who make no attempt to disguise themselves, etc.

• edited February 2022

I don’t handle applications to be a pro cuddler but I do deal with suspending untagged pros - people who do not have pro accounts who are trying to charge money for cuddling. If they are any indication of the folks who apply for pro accounts, I’m not surprised the vast majority are rejected.