Pros denying clients

[Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
Under what circumstances is it okay for a professional cuddler on cuddle comfort to deny services to a client? If I remember right, it says on CC that pros should be able to give affection to anyone. I feel that a pro has the right to deny service to someone who is rude and or acts inappropriately. I would think distance would be another valid reason, a client is too far etc. I would think denying service based on something like age or race would be discrimination and an invalid reason. What do you all feel are other valid or invalid reasons for a pro to deny service? Can a pro just decide they don't want to see a specific client for no reason at all?

Comments

• I don't see why not. It's not very professional and it doesn't really go with the ideals of the site, but personally, I don't think anyone should be forced to provide a service if they don't feel comfortable. I certainly wouldn't want to cuddle with someone who didn't want to cuddle with me. The whole session would feel awkward and a waste of everyone's time and money. Also, if the pro feels that the person may be a threat from just getting bad vibes, but does not specifically have any evidence, I still think that they should go with their gut instinct.
  • I like and agree with what @joey012616 said. Distance is a big one too.

If the person requesting a Pro for a cuddle session is being inappropriate with their request, either by blatantly saying vulgar things or constantly gives sexual innuendos, then I'd say the Pro has every right to refuse service. If the person is new to cuddling and asking questions about boundaries, but keeps asking about anything sexual then I'd also say the Pro has every right to refuse service. I'd also agree, going with your guy feeling isn't out of the question, but both sides asking and answering each others questions so both are clear on everything is important in possibly putting to ease someone that may only be nervous or be socially awkward. I'd suggest that if someone is having a bad gut feeling about someone, to offer to meet them for coffee or someplace public for a 15-30 minute sit down to talk face to face. If they refuse or your gut is still saying something isn't right about the whole thing, then the Pro can walk away.
    I know not everyone might have 15-30 minutes to spare for that sort of thing, but it is an idea that could help.
  • [Deleted User]FlowerofLife (deleted user)
    Isn't, or shouldn't it be based on an individuals own discretion?  There could be a number of reasons outside of the CC guidelines.
    Personally speaking, I wouldn't base it on gender, size or ethnicity.  I LOVE ALL PEOPLE:-)
  • Perfectly said Floweroflife! :)
    Hopefully pros are not denying clients for silly reasons, but who knows whats going on in their heads when they are chatting with you.. after all its getting vibes off a profile page and typing.... Which brings me back to why we should have social gatherings! :D
  • I think that really depends on if the pro is doing this through a company or if they are their own boss. My understanding is that they usually have their own guidelines along with standard guidelines made by an organization as a base.
  • [Deleted User]JoJoCuddles (deleted user)
    I 100% agree with Joey012616!
  • [Deleted User]cuddledingo (deleted user)
    Even businesses reserve the right to refuse anyone... and based on the circumstance, I feel Pros are in the right to listen to their gut sometimes and deny service. "Ghosting" however is kinda a shitty business model.
  • In my profession (attorney in California), the law allows me to decline prospective clients for any reason except a discriminatory reason (race, religion, etc.), or for no reason at all. I've declined clients without giving a reason & most other attorneys I know do so routinely. Anecdotally, I've heard small business owners in other professions say that they do the same. Since cuddling is a much more personal service than what most other professionals offer, it seems completely understandable to me that pro cuddlers would have even more reason to want discretion to decline any prospective client for any reason except a discriminatory one. I agree withjoey012616 that a cuddle session between a client and a cuddler who was there against his/her wishes would be a bad experience for both. Also, some cuddlers might already have enough business to fill up the number of hours they want to work, and not have time for new clients. I have not done any legal research on the issue of cuddle-declining though, so please do not construe anything I say on this forum as legal advice. I'm only speaking from my individual experience & expressing my personal feelings on the subject.
  • I think they should be able to decline for any reason they want
  • There is a contract that the professionals have to sign that does not include the non-descrimatory phrases included in the requirements statement. However, it does give CC the right to monitor the communications done through the site. It then follows that the easiest way to deny services, be it due to sexual innuendos or due to discrimination based on age, race or sexual orientation, is simply not to respond at all.
    Some other notes that apply to other forum threads, they can charge any rate as long as it is at least $40/hr and they can charge for their travel from which nothing needs to be paid to CC.
  • there are plenty of fish in the sea.. Why would anyone persist in wanting a cuddle from  one person when their  plenty of others to choose from>  got to  show respect.
  • @Bondman45 - I agree, but it took me a longtime to come around to that conclusion.

Being a Black man in NYC, used to piss me off that there are ladies who will refuse service based on race or religion.  But now I feel that if someone doesn't want my hard earned $ for services, then f**k'em and certainly there are plenty of other fish in this very big sea. 

But I will still "out them" if I get the chance.
  • [Deleted User]RScarf1 (deleted user)
    I was denied. I met with her for coffee. A few days later, she sent me a message that she was sick and that she was suspending services. I sent her a message that I hope she feels better and then she blocked me. She's on this website still and visited today, so I guess that was a bunch of bull manure. 
  • I had one tell me she was out of town, and to get up with her after 2 weeks. Messaged back and she never replied even though she's logged in a few times. She has no karma though so maybe she is fake. Who knows?
    Like I said pros should be able to decline for any reason, but at least have the courtesy to say so instead of being unprofessional
  • [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)
    edited February 2017
    I hear ya @CarlosHunt