Dc vs Marvel 👨‍🎤

Which one do you prefer , & who would win if they were to face-off ?

1. DC vs Marvel34 votes
    1. DC
      20.59%
    2. Marvel
      55.88%
    3. Cheesecake with blubbery or cherry 🍒 frosting on top 😋
      23.53%

Comments

• Marvel has the numbers and ridiculously powerful hero’s. Captain Marvel vs. Superman would be a fun fight to watch. I give the win to Brie by just a little.

• Cherry cheesecake will win every time, 'cause it's real! 🤓

• @JoyfulHeart, superheroes will always be real in my heart. 🤪

• [Deleted User]cuddlebear4U48 (deleted user)

I grew up on Batman and wolverine. I'm not satisfied with the movies on either of them, although Marvel does a much better job on the movie front. With planning and cherry cheesecake, Batman would always find a way to win.

• @cuddlebear4U48 wow there have been so many Wolverine and Batman movies. But I get it. They always lack something.

The Wolverine in the movies aren’t the character from the comics; where he was a little angry dude. Hugh Jackman is 11 inches taller than the character he’s supposed to play. Jackman did a great job; but that’s not the character comic book fans love.

Batman in the movies doesn’t have the great lines that Frank Miller wrote in the books.

• I love both, even if DC has been a tad disappointing lately, but Spider-Man is my number one over all. So if it's a popularity contest, I always vote for Peter. If it's a realistic fight between franchises, DC probably wins. Not that Marvel doesn't have it's fair share of overpowered people, but DC gets just ridiculously OP(unless we're just talking about the movies).

• It's too hard to choose, I like all three!

• edited February 2022

I believe there are some comic books somewhere in my collection where the DC and Marvel Universes have to fight because the powers that be decide only one can exist! I wont ruin the endings but some cool individual match-ups. (see Brothers Megaverse Comics)

• @OhioMike plz ruin it as a spoiler 😅

• its 22 Super Heros in 11 fights. It finishes 6 wins and 5 losses for.......winners get to keep their universe.

• @OhioMike marvel & dc need to collaborate ASAP & make this movie happen 🎥 🍿

• I’m about to lose some clients. I can feel it. DC all the way. 😂😂😂😂😂

• edited February 2022

Here's my pitch for Marvel Vs DC.

The film is set on a deserted island. Dawn approaches. Slowly, a variety of heroes from both studios wake up. Each character is alone. They all share one common feature, aside from their inexplicable presence on the island: they're wearing thick collars rigged with explosives.

A bell rings, the sound produced by speakers arranged throughout the island. "Good morning everybody. You all, undoubtedly, have some questions regarding your current predicament. All you need to know is that you have all been robbed of your powers, and that those collars are designed to explode should you make a vapid quip. How any of this works is not important. Whoever is alive after twenty four hours wins. Good luck."

Everybody dies immediately, in a horrifically grisly montage.

The movie ends on a shot of Alan Moore, sitting in a chair and looking pleased.

• All of Marvel vs. all of DC?

Like... every version of Green Goblin vs. Batman? The Joker vs. every Spiderman from every Marvel universe? Lex Luthor vs. every iteration of Professor X — all Magnetos vs. Superman?

As @ShaneMTB says: Marvel's got the numbers (and a lot of the ridiculously powerful heroes).

I suppose it would come down to the set-up. Are they all fighting at once? Who takes on whom, and in what order? Do the Marvel heroes work with their villains—do the DC villains work with their heroes? Does anyone have a home ground advantage? If not, how is that avoided?

I can see why Marvel and DC decided to go with more of a "one on one, fan votes decide the victor" style for the 1996 crossover.

Personally, I think they're both equally fun.

• Considering how much time I’ve spent with people who are really into comics I still don’t know anything about Marvel vs. DC.

• I did find some of my collection….

• Who would win? Whoever's writing the story.

• Marvel, hands down. And my bias for female superheroes is showing, except for the Chris Triumvirate (Pine, Evans, Hemsworth) - whom the women below could handle with a snap. Honorable mention to Dr. Strange.

Scarlet Witch - she can change reality

Storm - she is a goddess

Phoenix/Dark Phoenix - sub-atomic and molecular manipulation

On the DC side, Wonder Woman rules. Then comes Dr. Fate (because magic), then Hawkman (because wings/flying).

Greater than both Marvel and DC superheroes are the Neil Gaiman graphic novels, The Sandman.

• My first comics were DC, mostly Batman. I grew up reading stuff from both companies. And while both have had down periods and gone down creative dead ends, DC's seemingly constant rebooting of their universe got frustrating after a while. Do it once, okay, maybe there was a need for it ... do it over and over and you are basically saying you're throwing spaghetti at the wall each time.

• edited February 2022

Marvel because I relate to the personal story arc of Dr. Strange. I was never as arrogant or self-centered as he was at the beginning of his first movie but I used to be very rigid in my thinking and not very understanding toward others. Like his character, I have grown as a person (minus the super powers) and am a very different person today.

My favorite scene in the Dr. Strange movie is when he meets “The Ancient One” and she opens his eye.

• [Deleted User]juicesmalone (deleted user)

Marvel has better characters and not as many wearing capes. Marvel is cooler