Anyone ever had a Cuddler show up and not match their pic?

[Deleted User]cuddledingo (deleted user)
I feel like there are Catfish everywhere... but curious if anyone has ever fallen victim to this on CC or similar sites?

Because I'm at least good for a story... once about a year and a half ago I was on a dating app and met this girl. We chatted and all seemed well so we set up a dinner date. I came to find out she worked within 20 miles of where I was, but she lived like 45 minutes away. Ugh. But hey, I was fresh out of a long term at the time and wanted to get out there so I drove the 45 minutes (which turned into over an hour due to traffic). I was in Texas at the time and turned off the interstate to the highway that went to her house. It was this long dark road and I lost all cell service. Total BFE farm country Texas situation. I ended up passing her street... or the dark separation of the forest onto a dirt road that was her "street."  I knew it was right because there was a Church across the street which she confirmed earlier that I should look for. Being early, I pulled over in the Church parking lot and tried to find service to text her again. No luck. I drove onto the dirt road and passed a small house with no address... that can't be it so I kept driving.  Well, the "road" ended abruptly into a sign that said trespassers will be shot and there were no other houses, so I guess that WAS it.  I drove by and saw no cars at the house so drove back to the Church parking lot to wait.

"I'm early and she mentioned dropping off her kids at her ex's, so I'll give her 20 minutes to show up," I thought to myself. I had no cell service and knew it'd take 10+ minutes of driving backwards to get any service, so I just watched the dark road for any headlights. A few minutes later I saw a truck in the neighboring road drive out and onto the highway and then it turned onto the dirt road that was this girl's house. I saw the truck turn into the girl's property, but didn't see who was in it or who got out of it. I decided to do a drive-by and check it out. Low and behold I met the girl's father. He asked me what I was doing and I told him I had a dinner date with his daughter. I guess he has some sensor set up to notify him at his house when people turn down her road while she's not home. He asked where we met, but I didn't wanna out her for using a dating app so just said we knew each other and the conversation we had about dinner that night. Dad then replied that she brought her kid to dinner and wouldn't be back for an hour or two. Hmm... that sounds odd? I figured maybe she texted me the change and I just didn't get it due to lack of service.

Next thing you know I'm driving 15 minutes in the other direction to find food because I'm starving and obviously this girl is already having dinner. I was hoping I'd get a text from her explaining the situation, but I didn't.  Nothing.  I talked to one of my best buddies and we laughed about the situation.  He convinced me I had to see this through and meet this girl, which I must admit I was a little curious to figure out as well.  I grabbed food by myself (yay) and started driving home, which I knew would pass her place.

As I passed her little house I saw a car out front.  I was so curious about it so pulled into her property and saw her sitting on the front porch.  I got out of the car and she retreated into her doorway. "Who are you?" she shouted.  I didn't expect that... I announced my name and she said she had zero clue who I was.  I tried to explain the situation, but it was obvious she had no idea.  I'm a pretty calming person so diffused the fear and ended up chatting with her on her porch.  Her dad showed up again after a few minutes and the 3 of us had a nice conversation.  Basically her husband was a douchebag and this wasn't the first time he made dates for her.  She had random guys showing up to her house at all hours, some he promised sex to and some were just innocent dinner or lunch dates like with me.  He had also broken into her house when she wasn't home, jacked up her satellite dish, and abducted and/or done "something" with her kid's cat.  It was a pretty F'd up situation and my heart bled for this girl.  But I was definitely sidestepping my way to the car after hearing her troubles.

Somewhere during our conversation I realized she had a rather large handgun that I hadn't noticed before.  Good times.

Who else has a good story about Catfishing? :)

@cuddledingo

Comments

• [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    @cuddledingo that's some crazy sh&$t right there bro
  • Wow what a horrible ex!!  such a dick move....
    I think that should be criminal...sheesh

• [Deleted User]cuddledingo (deleted user)
    @Morpheus Tell me about it!

@greenearth Yeah, I felt bad for the girl.  Nobody deserves that.  My ex did even worse to me when I left her, but that's not a fun story to tell (haha).  In both cases it actually is criminal (her ex and my ex) but you gotta prove it and have the $$ to fight it.  That girl installed video cameras and caught him doing stuff to her property one night on tape, but he was wearing a hoodie so they couldn't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt it was him.  I texted her screenshots of the profile he made on the dating app so she could report him.

• [Deleted User]smoothOperator (deleted user)
    I got catfished on here, and it was my first "cuddle" through this site. The first red flag probably should have been that she wasn't in the city it said in her profile, but it didn't bother me that much because I get wanting discretion. Then I head to her apartment and she's nothing like what she looks like in her profile (she was a lot bigger and just looked different). So I don't even want to cuddle with her--but I play it off and tried to be nice to her. I didn't even touch her, put my hands on her or anything the whole time. She told me she did massages as well, so I let her do that and then I left.

It wasn't all bad, but I still don't like being deceived like that.
  • @smoothOperator That sucks to get catfished and for your first "cuddle" from here too. My first 2 cuddles through here were going to be in other cities, but I made sure to explain that when messaging them and had it on my profile that I'd be visiting those other states, so they didn't just see someone listed from another state messaging them to book a session and wonder what was.
    I came across some people on a different site, where they would put pictures up on their profile that were of them, but from years ago when they looked almost nothing like what they do now.... but it sounds like they didn't even put a real picture of themselves up. Just because it's a picture of you from 5, 10, 20 years ago doesn't mean you still look like that.
    Hope you've had a lot better cuddling experiences since then though!

• I knew someone who used to do that on a dating site and then couldn't understand why his dates didn't go well, he was about 200lbs heavier than his picture, lol, go figure.
  • Who cares what the person looks like!  It isn't about looks, it is about love given and received.  You aren't dating the person in order to establish a romantic relationship,  it is about a platonic relationship, whether on a one time basis, or ongoing.
  • I think it's more about been deceived it wpuld make it harder to develop trust for the person. It would for me anyway.
  • Catfishing is so easy to avoid though. Just get the other person to write their user name on a piece of paper in the photo. I always do that before any meet.
  • Good point Alexb2. Though I haven't thought of verifying people's photos here.
    Though, I do ask to chat in real time (more to get a better sense of a person) before meeting in public.

That could also confirm their image unless it was an eleborate case of catfishing!
  • [Deleted User]smoothOperator (deleted user)
    @reurbo I hope so too. I'm about to have my second cuddle "date," so we'll see how things go this time around. At least this lady has had a couple of other clients who have left her good karma so I'm thinking this one is legit. If not, well, I'll be here with another story lol.
    @alexb2 I've definitely learned a few anti-catfish tricks since that one time. Recently, however, I did a poor job of hiding my frustration after she flaked a 4th time in so many weeks and this girl got so pissed at me for asking if she was catfishing me. She ended up calling me on the phone and she was so nice and real.  I wasn't actually being mean when I said it, just frustrated and afraid I was being played, but she took it as an insult.  Almost ruined what so far has turned out to be a decent friendship.  

Anyway... late and that "other" thread took so much time to write.  See y'all later!
  • [Deleted User]NJCuddleDevil (deleted user)
    I've only been catfished once that I know of.  I'm pretty nieve too as I grew up when the internet was still innocent.  I remember meeting girls on IRC and exchanging addresses and writing letters and sending pictures.  This was like the mid to late 90's.

Anyways, I got suspicious with the pictures she was sending me.  When I asked her to prove herself she pretended to be offended that I questioned her realness and stopped talking to me. lol 

I don't view all catfishes as bad people per say.  Some of them are obviously just lonely and feel like they have to be someone else to get someone to like them.  It's not like they are trying to take something from you or get something off you other than a relationship of sorts.  It's still wrong and messed up.  I don't think they are evil for feeling desperate.
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    I would have to say that they've all matched their pic or have been even cuter than I expected.
  • I have a quick question. I recently just became a professional cuddler in San Diego. In my picture I'm wearing make up but I was thinking about not wearing any or at least not as much while cuddling. Would that be mistake?  I'm really not a huge fan of foundation but I would be willing to wear eye make up if that would make a difference.  Like I said, I'm brand-new to this. 
  • [Deleted User]masterofcuddle (deleted user)
    edited February 2017
    I would just do whatever makes you feel comfortable. I generally don't like a ton of makeup anyway on women. More than likely you'll be cuddling in bed so no need for heavy makeup
  • @snuggle554321 I would recommend minimal makeup...just enough to where you feel confident..but not enough where it starts rubbing off on clothes etc :)  

• [Deleted User]NJCuddleDevil (deleted user)
    I met a girl once who looked nothing like her picture.  When I saw her in real life her face was not blurry at all.  I just turned around and walked away.
  • @masterofcuddle and @greenearth Thank you so much gentlemen! That really helped!
  • [Deleted User]masterofcuddle (deleted user)
    @snuggle554321 you are welcome we are here to help :)
    @NJCuddleDevil  Haha!  That reminded me of the Black Mirror episode where they can censor other people from sight.

@snuggle554321 What they said!  Just be comfortable. It's all about comfort.