App?

Am I the only one that thinks this would be far more convenient and streamline if they had an app we could download?

1. Should they make an app?56 votes
    1. Yes
      71.43%
    2. No
      28.57%

Comments

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)
    edited February 2022

This has been brought up before quite a few times, apparently there are issues with it being an app/there’s more than just people wanting it to be an app between now and it being an app.

Agree it’d be better as an app in some ways but if it’s not feasible then not much we can do.

• edited February 2022

Old comment by me, about a comment by Mark the site owner

Comment from Mark:

It's a PWA app. So on Android you should see the 'Install App' button in Settings page but for iPhone you'd need to save the website to your home screen for it to activate. iOS also currently lacks support for the Push notifications in PWA.

So yeah, if you're an Android user, the app is as good as a native app right now.

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/comment/103143#Comment_103143

PWA = Progressive Web Application

Creating a genuine app is much more expensive and it's just not worth it for the marginal benefit it would bring.

• Genuine question: what features do you want that this site doesn’t offer?

I mean I get notifications through email which is good for me and I have a little icon on my phone here:

So I don’t know what an app would do that this site doesn’t. Plus I haven’t seen good forums on apps. So the site is great to me.

• No, only because if it were a free app- then, there would probably be a lot of ads. If it were a paid app, then I would just stick to the website.

• The only reason I chose no is because I love the old school feel vibe of cc.

• ... sad but most people doesn't cuddle anymore...

• ... sad but most people doesn't cuddle anymore...

You can’t deduct that on your return anymore is why.