Suppose you should treat each session like it were the last

Just contemplating the idea that three snugglers I spent several hours of snuggling with had said they would keep in touch eventually didn't. The very first one was after months of snuggling. They just disappear. Delete their accounts and probably change their number.
So I think it is wise to treat each session like it may well be the last time you see or hear from them again. That will at least make it less of a downer when it happens.
I'm overly sentimental though. So it's probably odd to care.

Comments

• [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    I wonder what the lifespan is of a professional cuddler? 
  • Not long. Few months. Maybe less.
  • [Deleted User]Jasmine1233 (deleted user)
    I understand the feeling
    And also like the idea of treating every cuddle session as if it were the last and not really have high expectations of being in contact. Just enjoying the moment while cuddling
  • It may be the raver in me, but I do the same... treating each cuddle session as it may be the last time I get to with that person or group people. I've randomly met and had amazing cuddles with strangers at events, and with friends, spending a couple hours just listening to music together (sober, thank you) and talking while cuddled up, getting to know someone and then parting ways. Yes, sometimes longer friendships become of it, but not every one of them stayed in my life to continue anything beyond those moments. Am I sad for that, a little, but the time spent together was unforgettable and is still cherished for a great memory that still makes me smile.

As for on here, I'd say it best to have the same thing going into it... that I'll have some enjoyable memories, meet some amazing people and have some incredible cuddling experiences, but that not everyone I meet will always be here and that not everyone I'll meet I'll click with for a good cuddle session.
    I am looking for a regular cuddle buddy though, someone that I vibe with, but can just cuddle with... so I can easily see the sentimental part of having someone like that and then them disappearing so suddenly being a pretty harsh experience.
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    I've noticed since I've been cuddling pros for the past couple of years, I've actually become quite detached. I'm still very outgoing and social but I'm in the moment and then I let it go. I actually really like myself better this way and I think it's a by product of seeing pro cuddlers where you're very intimate with someone for an hour or two but then you have to let them go.
  • There is something that is freeing about this. It removes the demands and expectations that one tends to place on a relationship and allows you to appreciate the essence of relating to another person. This is what is behind being poly that is hard to explain to non-poly people if they haven't experienced it. Too often it is confused with the swinger lifestyle.but it's really mostly about being able to let go.
  • This statement can actually be applied to all as[ects of life.  No one ever knows what will happen from one minute to the next and the person that you could know might have changes both positive and negative in their life that either removes them from your life, takes them on another path, or you don't hear from them for a week.  It is best to try and cherish the moments you can with others if you can, because it may turn into a missed opportunity.
    Losing something positive in your life is always something saddening to some degree.  @reurbo makes a valid statment:

"not every one of them stayed in my life to continue anything beyond
    those moments. Am I sad for that, a little, but the time spent together
    was unforgettable and is still cherished for a great memory that still
    makes me smile."