Why you don't host?

edited February 2022 in General

I know that people have multiple reasons why they cannot host at this time. Personally speaking, my own reasons is because I live with my parents. Lets share here what are our reasons for not wanting to host at this time.

Edit: Voting is completely anonymous, I do not have access to who voted, there is no list that shows who voted. I am adding this here in case if anyone thinks I will have access to this information.

1. I cannot host because:56 votes
    1. I live with my parents.
      30.36%
    2. I live alone and don't feel safe bringing a tranger in
      16.07%
    3. I have my own family living in my house,
      12.50%
    4. I live with my partner/am married and they will never approve of this.
        8.93%
    5. Other Reason(s) Not Otherwise Specified.
      32.14%

Comments

• edited February 2022

I’m not answering these personal questions of yours. Especially since many of your “answers” are in some way humiliating, weirdly & suspiciously specific or gives you information you have no right to have; It’s intrusive. (EDIT: this person removed the suspicious answers but I will keep my description of them and I still welcome anyone else to also not answer this question. It’s still sus.)

Thank you.

• @ShaneMTB I don't have access to the poll information. It is completely anonymous, The only thing that becomes available is a percentage indicating how many users voted for what, nothing account level, nothing specific. What everyone sees, is what the OP sees too, nothing different here.

The objective here is to have an idea where everyone is coming from, from all walks of life, to have a better understanding on the general outlook of any possible difficulties that some of us might be facing, so that we can lend a helping compassionate hand to these people and understand that some of us here might be struggling more that others.

Cuddling is all about helping others vent, to alleviate each other stress.

The overall objective is to care for others, specially the ones not having it that great.

Again, this thread was created 100% innocent with no malice intended, anyone that votes, their votes is anonymous, I don't have access to that data, anyone is also free to post info that everyone can see, but the voting itself is 100% anonymous

• Ha. He accidentally deleted his poll.

@ShaneMTB: Seconded. From what I remember, it was really weird, and not in a good way. "Because I live with my family and they're horrible criminals," I think one of them was?

Honestly, it's nobody's business why anyone chooses not to host. No need to pry.

• @DaringSprinter i don’t care if this parkour champ has access to any information or not. These questions he asks are still intrusive. So I think it’s a good idea if we choose not to answer.

• @ShaneMTB: Agreed. It's just... prying.

"Why can't we cuddle on your bed, on your couch, in your home? What's your justification for this boundary? Come on, put your reasons out there—oh, anonymously! And then perhaps we can all decide which are valid and which are questionable."

• edited February 2022

Living with your parents is not an obstacle to hosting. I don't live with my parents, but I took a cuddle buddy to visit. They don't fully understand about cuddling, as many people don't, but the did understand that this is a nice person who is a friend of mine.

My mum caught us in bed, having a sneaky cuddle like teenagers. She just laughed. My mum is in her eighties and a lifelong devout Christian.

I know at least one cuddler who lives with her parents, also lifelong Christians. She hasn't brought a cuddlebuddy home, but only because she can't find one. I have briefly met her mum on video calls.

My point is that the obstacle is not that the people you live with are your parents. The obstacle is something else.

(For clarity, I do host.)

• I live in a hammock 1,000 feet up the face of El Capitan, and people complain that it's too hard to get to. I even give out good directions.

I just eventually gave up.

• Term paper not done yet, huh?

• [Deleted User]DeadGirlWalking (deleted user)

Apparently he still needs fodder for his research, @WriterGF 🙄

• @JoyfulHeart el cap is pretty hard to miss. They’re just quitters! And I like quitters as much as I like forum interlopers who are only here to gather research data. Also if this is for data research? This not how it’s done.

• Choices should be

• I have roommates
    • I don't have roommates
    • My place is a mess, and don't want you cleaning it
    • My place is clean, and don't want you dirtying it
    • My place is inaccessible to others to visit
    • I don't have access to a place to host
    • It's nunya
    • It's other

Since some people didn't like the poll, thought I'd try to fix it, purely satire with love

• @entwine: Well, the poll's been changed since we objected to it—OP accidentally deleted it, then replaced it with the stripped down version you see up there now. So... eh. It is what it is.

Still invasive, but far less blatantly insulting.

• I see nothing wrong with this. Maybe this is an honest,, curious question Unless? Unless you're profile is completely blank, some information can be drawn from that. I also think it's funny that if it were one of the regulars on the forum that asked the question, you would not be so rude and your thumbs would be tripping over each other trying to select an answer. It IS possible to politely decline without being ignorant. I thought we were all supposed to be respectful and welcoming to each other.

• Like i said it before on past post investorlogic is a nosey person from asking if you been in a relationship with a cuddler to now this apparently he has no life i doubt it if anyone will cuddle with you sir..get a life pls

• Im.ptetty sick of his senseless and meaningless post asking or wondering personal information whay business is it of yours what ppl do here?

• @robroo: Is @InvestorLogic not one of the forum's regulars? I was unaware. He's been here pretty regularly for nearly two whole months now, it seems like to me. Not long enough to be old guard, sure, but I'd call him a regular!

...And there is definitely a pattern to his posts.

• [Deleted User]DeadGirlWalking (deleted user)

@robroo a lot of people have a problem with how this guy sprang from nowhere, no pics on his profile (which changes suspiciously regularly in the details section) and how he asks random, probing questions like he's researching a paper or doing some undercover journalism. It's creepy how probing this dude is, and he's pretty tone deaf to boot. I feel the responses are justified.

• edited February 2022

Reasons I don’t host complete strangers… I mean, think about it. Proactive Safety 101.

Watch a few episodes of 20/20 on a multitude of stories of women in particular who end up harmed by strangers they meet on the internet.

Trust must be earned over time.

(And yes, I’m fully aware that the most likely person to harm a woman is her current or former intimate partner. But meeting total strangers online and welcoming them into your home is also high risk.)

• I don't host because I don't host. There are a mess of reasons why, but none of them have been offered as options and I don't want to try explaining or justifying my choices.

• Why I don't host at my house: I have 5 pigs and I just let them run amok throughout the entire house. There's dirt and mud everywhere. I figure it's best not to expose people to this environment.

For those who didn't catch on - that's a JOKE.

• [Deleted User]n3rdz97 (deleted user)

I don’t need a bunch of strangers knowing where I live. They could become stalkers or anything else.

• edited February 2022

I don’t mind the question. No one needs to answer. The way to get rid of an annoying thread is to not answer and let it die.

Why I don’t host is for 2 reasons: one is that I feel vulnerable as a woman and don’t want a guy I don’t know to have my address. The other is that my apartment is small, cluttered, and disorderly. I moved last summer and it still looks like I moved in last week.

Oh, and I have a vicious attack rabbit and I’m afraid that might result in an unfortunate event.

• edited February 2022

I like rabbit meat - I can cook it 4 us there! Whilst getting skip in front & chuck away those unpacked stuff...

• @poolman not funny my man

• @Babichev - I'm sure that most people reading your post will think that your "vicious attack rabbit" is a joke. I'm not so sure.

Many years ago, we lived in the suburbs of Pittsburgh. For several years, my daughter (then in high school) volunteered at the at the Pittsburgh Children's Zoo. One year, the highlight of her summer was caring for two new cougar cubs, Willie and Weylan. One day, she returned home with her arm all clawed up. I looked at her arm and asked "Which cougar got you." She replied "Neither. It was Killer." "Who's Killer?" I wanted to know. Her answer of course was "The rabbit."

• @poolman: Oooh, inadvisable.

• I only host when my Wife isn’t home. I would never ask her to leave so I can have someone over.

• @DaringSprinter yes! That's exactly what I thought of 😁