Massages

[Deleted User]Rayshawn20 (deleted user)

Are foot and hand massages appropriate as a professional…I only ask because I don’t mind it usually helps relax people and ease their mind but just asking to make sure it’s appropriate

Comments

• I've seen a few pro-cuddlers, here and elsewhere. At least a couple have put it in their profile that they can provide massage. 1 of those was a CMT and she specified that she was certified.

I have also, had cuddlers offer it during our meet-up. If you are a CMT, I think that might bring you more interest.

But, massage, could be considered more intimate, and might cross the lines of the TOS, if it includes touching parts of the body that would normally be clothed.

You'll maybe want to think-through, how to clearly define the boundaries beforehand.
    Just my thoughts. Peace

• I don’t see anything wrong with light touch or massages. I actually prefer them in my sessions. But I feel it’s on a person-to-person basis.

• It depends on the person!! I love to incorporate foot massages in my sessions. However, I always ask first before proceeding. Just check with the person beforehand.

• I normally just cuddle during the sessions but something like a little hand massage would be fine. I don't think the message during a cuddling session would be an issue if both parties agree and are comfortable, like @Gallowglass mentioned.
    If I really need one, then I just go to a massage therapist.

• @Maverick07 good point. I really don’t like massage but I enjoy cuddling very much.

• [Deleted User]LatinMan1963 (deleted user)

Well…mmm. If I went to a masseuse and asked to be cuddled as well, imagine the reaction from the establishment. My ass will out the door so fast…lol.

Use this as a way of thinking. Be very careful

• edited March 2022

I personally love massages. I would say they're incorporated into my sessions 50% of the time. And it's just not really a big deal to get or give a foot massage...we're all adults and can/should behave as such. Mature, responsible people can touch each other and not have it be inherently sexual.

• Yes, little hand and foot massages, or back massage through clothing, are a perfectly standard part of some professional cuddlers' routine. Double check with the client first, some people don't like such things.

Note that massage is a regulated profession in the US (but not in the UK) and some other countries, so be careful not to break any laws or regulations. (I believe they vary by state.) It's should only be a small part of what you do.

Naked feet are permitted under the TOS. However, satisfying a fetish or kink is explicitly prohibited, and for some people feet can fall into this category.

In other words it's all fine, but be thoughtful.

• From a legal point of view:

In most licensed states, non-licensed people are allowed to do hand and/or foot massage without a license.

In licensed states, only a licensed massage therapist can offer massage to the public. A licensed massage therapist must stay within their scope of practice when they are acting as a massage therapist. Cuddling is not within their SOP. Massage therapists who wish to combine massage and cuddling cannot do so legally, they need to be kept separate. Combining them not only violates their state licensing laws but also the Codes of Ethics of the three major massage organizations. State licensing laws do not prohibit individuals - like friends or family members - from doing massage on each other. Pros who advertise they include massage in their sessions are violating their state licensing laws. The site does not police that, the terms of service say that you will not violate any state or local laws and it’s up to the individual to police themselves.

As for whether it crosses a line here - not necessarily. As with everything, it can depend on how it’s done. The focus should be on cuddling. If the focus is on massage and not cuddling, then that starts to violate the terms of service.

One thing I will bring up: this site is a magnet for foot fetishists. The terms of service are that one agrees not to use this site to satisfy a fetish. It is one thing for someone to offer foot massage as a relaxing experience or as a way to have some platonic exchange of touch. The partner is free to take it or leave it. Foot fetishists, however, only want to engage with others with whom they can hang out with their feet, If you say no, I’d rather you not massage my feet then they are not interested in you. This is not the place to satisfy a fetish. If you get a message from someone who immediately wants to know if they can massage or worship your feet, please report it.

• @Babichev all of this is very very helpful information. There is no place here for foot fetishes or anything of that nature.

• [Deleted User]Rayshawn20 (deleted user)

Thank you definitely appreciate all the feedback