Multi-hour Sessions: Your perspective

[Deleted User]harperhat232 (deleted user)

Hello everyone!

I’ve had an account for a few years but haven’t joined in on the discussions. I’ve neglected to fill this awesome need. Oxytocin anyone?

Question for the Pros: I am curious of the professionals perspective on multiple hour sessions. Like 4-8 hours? 10? How do you feel about them in general and how do you feel about them with new clients?

I could imagine wanting to have an initial shorter session to get to know them. It may be a helpful progression in warming up to one another.

What about you? Tell us your thoughts in the comments? What’s been your longest cuddle session?

1. Do you welcome longer sessions (4+ hours) with new clients?27 votes
    1. Yes! Bring on the snugs!
      51.85%
    2. No, I prefer an initial shorter session. Introverts unite!
      14.81%
    3. No, those are reserved for the regulars. And those movie marathons!
      22.22%
    4. No more than three hours for me. Mega Introverts FTW!
      11.11%

Comments

• It’s pretty rare that someone books more than 3 hours initially, but I’m willing to do up to 4 with someone new.

My preference is 2 hours. I’m still working out my max, but I’m thinking it’s 6. Any more than 6, I start to get sleepy and prefer to be awake and attentive.

• I have talked about this in detail with a number of professionals. Most prefer a shorter booking for a first session - 1.5 or 2 seem to be the most popular.

Thereafter, anything up to four hours seems generally fine, although four hours is a loooooong time with a client if you don't particularly connect with them.

What's really awkward (and I have also found this myself from my own experience of cuddling with enthusiasts) is the 4-6 hour area. The trouble is that you can't cuddle for more than about four hours without needing a proper break. By that time you're probably hungry, you're definitely a little dehydrated, and your muscles need some movement. In a very long session, such as eight hours, there is no problem - you take a break, perhaps go for a quick stroll, have a meal together and then have a final two hour cuddle. But with a five hour session that doesn't really work.

I'm talking about daytime sessions here: overnights are a different thing.

I suppose my longest session was technically six days, but that was a special case.

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

• One hour to begin with makes sense to me. If it goes great then the next session can be easily 3 hours. But if there’s no connection or the environment is off (weird smells, loud people in the house) then you’re going to be glad it’s only an hour.

I have had a session for 6 hours. That was a little much. Actually got kinda depressed. I think everyone is different; for me 3 hours is the sweet spot.

• I think oxytocin dosage is a thing, maybe. The extra hours might help increase the effects, although I'm really guessing. I don't think it hurts!
    Doing therapeutic massages, I get clients who want two hours. I enjoy turning them into gelatin, and watching them happily ooze away in a lazy cloud! The next couple days they probably feel looser and relaxed, maybe even achy, but hopefully not ratcheted up into a tight ball. Somehow I suppose the longer sessions give a better baseline. Tension is a killer in the long run. I thing it's worthwhile to apply the same fuzzy logic to cuddling.

• [Deleted User]Healing_Hugs (deleted user)

Hi, pro opinion here!

I always suggest to my clients that they start with a 1.5 or 2 hour session.

1 hour is also completely acceptable for a first session but I've always have feedback that just one hour doesn't feel enough so I always let my clients know this in advance.

1.5 - 2 hours is definitely enough time for people to truly relax and feel the therapeutic benefit of the session. I feel it's a sweet spot because sometimes cuddling can bring up lots of emotions for the person and I think if this happened then a longer session may be very overwhelming for them. Also, it hasn't happened yet thankfully, but if a person hasn't had a pro session before then there's a chance they may not enjoy it and I wouldn't want them to feel obligated to continue a longer session if that was the case.

In saying this, I have had many longer sessions (4/5/6/7/8 hours) with first time cuddlers under special circumstances. Usually the reason is because they were travelling a very long distance and they therefore wanted to be cuddling for longer than they were travelling. All of these sessions have been lovely and I would never turn down a longer booking for this reason.

For me personally, I enjoy a 2 to 3 hour session as I feel I can give my absolute all during this time and I sometimes worry that I cannot on longer sessions (especially if I have had a very busy week). I've never had this feedback but it's a personal anxiety of mine.

I also offer overnights which are 10-16 hours long but these are so different in experience that I am not sure it applies to your question actually haha.

Hope this helps 😄

• I don’t go more than 4 hours for NEW cuddlers but after they become well established with me, I have quite a few cuddlers that do 4-8 hour sessions and some overnights. I would recommend a 2 hour cuddle to begin with for the new cuddlers just so we can enjoy enough time where we are able to relax, not feel rushed in showing a good portion of cuddle positions and in case you feel we don’t click, it’s not an insanely long cuddle.

• I don't mind cuddling 4+ hours with new clients.

• Not a pro. It's not a real session if it isn't 3 hours. Anything less is just priming-the-pump.

• Moving this to the Pro Cuddling section.

• Open to longer sessions and have had longer sessions with first time clients though typically I prefer to build rapport or have a couple shorter sessions before progressing to the longer ones.

• Another pro here who agrees with the consensus view that 2 hours is an ideal length for your first session. I always recommend 2 hours for first-timers if it is within their budget, as it is the perfect amount of time to get to know someone new, work through any anxieties or misgivings about cuddling, and still have another hour leftover to really lose yourself and relax into the experience. This cycle can be accomplished in 1 hour of course, but most find that 1 hour feels like it "flies by" and the session is coming to an end just as you're really starting to loosen up.

3 hours can feel like a real luxury indulgence, especially for folks who tend to be chatty and find that time slips through their fingers. This is my most popular session with business travelers.

For me, sessions longer than 4 hours work much better when there is another activity, such as watching movies or TV series, cooking together, taking a walk, etc. I have a monthly 12-hour daytimecuddle that usually consists of two 3-hour cuddle sessions and a 2-hour session broken up by him cooking lunch, me cooking dinner, and a movie or TV show.

• edited March 2022

I agree with @BellaSera in regards to her full assessment (and I love your 12-hour package you offer!). The shortest session I do is 1.5 hours, but they are virtually nonexistent in practice. Most people do 2-3 hours (I recommend 2 hours for new clients, but some do 3 hours for their first or even overnights). Beyond that, because of how I rate things, people usually jump to an overnight if they want any longer. Overnights are easier than a super long session because you can mix and move between cuddling, eating, bathroom breaks, caring for my pets, sleeping, etc. My overnights are 14 (no meals), 17 (dinner or breakfast shared), or 20 hours (dinner and breakfast shared).