How to get a deposit for a session?

[Deleted User]cuddlesofcurves (deleted user)
edited January 2017 in Professional Cuddling
Is there a setting or do I put it on my profile that I require a 50percent deposit?

Comments

• No, you would need to ask them to send to your paypal account. I intend to look into functionality options in the meantime.
  • [Deleted User]Spoonie (deleted user)
    I understand why some would be interested in this feature. But I have to be honest. It would be a deal breaker for me. I'm guessing a lot of guys would feel the same. 
  • edited January 2017
    @poonie I'm assuming the idea is for it to be used for renting space for the session. Do you have any suggestions for dealing with this? I'm particularly curious of ideas that could be integrated into the website.
    I would not assume that.  But if that is the issue, the pro can have the customer secure the room the first time and reimburse.  Or whatever.  But I would personally not be interested in prepaying.  
  • edited January 2017
    Are you opposed to online payment in general? The upcoming system will offer the option to pay online but the money will not be taken from your bank until the day of the session. You would be able to easily cancel up to that point.
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    I agree, I would never put down a deposit.
  • [Deleted User]masterofcuddle (deleted user)
    I agree as well. This is one big reason I enjoy this site over others. Other sites require prepaying which I never feel comfortable with.
  • edited January 2017
    Please can you guys define prepay? Do you consider the way I explain the optional payment system as prepay even though the money only transfers on day of session and can be cancelled with a button any time before that?

Payments would also be discreetly labelled in your bank statements. And I also think it would be of some reassurance for a professionals to privately have a name associated with a client considering we don't offer background checks.

Please let me know your concerns everyone so I can better understand the resistance to this.
    Mark, I'm not using a credit card. I understand what you said. I just won't do it. 
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    I don't think we should be required to put down a deposit or to have to pre pay. If it's an option, that's great but it's not okay for it to be a requirement. If it's a requirement, you're probably going to lose a lot of business.
  • edited January 2017
    Paying online was always planned to be an option as I suspect there are some with joint bank accounts that would prefer not having anything show, even if it's non-descriptive, just to avoid repeatedly having to talk about it.

If you can think of any other reasons, those would be very valuable for me to know because I'm currently unaware.
  • I would add that the deposit should be simply a deposit, probably no more than $25. If the amount is left open, there are some who will charge $200 and this will definitely reduce business for some and probably increase business for others. What if someone offers to buy a special outfit?