Atlanta-Area Meetup

[Deleted User]Julie33 (deleted user)
edited March 2022 in General

@cuddler5617 and I have been discussing hosting an Atlanta-area meetup. I saw @Tranquilescape was interested in a meetup in the ATL too.

We had thought about a weekend in early November and renting a large home on Lake Lanier with the option for some people to pay to stay (lodge) there and maybe a modest charge to attend. The fees would only be to cover the cost of the rental; no profit will be made by the hosts.

A private home would allow for lodging, as well as cuddling without worries of weather. I have found a few multi-level homes with multiple indoor/outdoor seating areas that sleep up to 15-20+ people.

Please answer the poll below and leave any additional comments about alternate dates, lodging, fees, etc. in the comment section. Thank you! ~ Julie

NOTE: For some reason, the poll is not loading correctly, but I assume if you answer questions 2-4 then 1 is a yes! lol

1. Would you be interested in an Atlanta-area meetup?31 votes
    1. Would a weekend in early November be a good time for you?
      38.71%
    2. Would you be interested in lodging on-site for a reasonable fee?
      32.26%
    3. Would you be agreeable to paying a modest "entry fee
      29.03%

Comments

• Awesome idea!😎🤩First person to answer your poll.🤗

• edited March 2022

Good idea!

• Yessss! ATL gathering! :D :D :D Thank you and @cuddler5617 for thinking about this!

• @Julie33 this is a great idea and I hope this will be very successful!!!

• @Babichev look what you’ve started!!

Atlanta is closer to me so I have a higher chance of making this one but I can’t be sure of my attendance yet.

• [Deleted User]CuddleBud101 (deleted user)

Great idea. I'm new to the site/community, so it'd be a great way to meet people.

• Count me in! I'd love that! And if anyone in the Atlanta area would like to cuddle in the meantime please let me know! 🤗

• I would be in, as long as it's NOT in downtown Atlanta !!!!,
    A place to park an RV would be great, if not maybe a list of local campgrounds close by.

• [Deleted User]Julie33 (deleted user)

@waynewv I am thinking somewhere on Lake Lanier and there are several campgrounds in the area!

• @Julie33 , very nice area, as a boat transporter I have picked up a few boats there.

• November is still a ways off, but you can count me in at this time.

• If it doesn't conflict with an already planned November event I am going to I would be interested

• How do we "sign up"? lol

• I would be interested as well. Recently filled out my profile but I'm hoping to find my footing around here.

• edited May 2022

Do it, you guys! We just had our picnic in St. Louis and it was lovely. You will not regret it.

Check out the photos and comments from May 14 if you need some inspiration:

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/12855/st-louis-mo-area-meet-greet-saturday-may-14-2022#latest

Just as a reminder: There are our personal events and are not official Cuddle Comfort events.

• Wish I could travel to Atlanta to meet everyone! That would be awesome! Anyone thinking about an Orlando/Tampa meet up?

• Hello @MorganMont81 how are you doing????

• Hey @Connecticut1977!! I'm doing well thank you! How are you? 🤗🌸🦋

• @Julie33 Have you gotten much traction on this idea? I would love to do an Atlanta meet-up. I heard the Missouri one was a success!

• Hello @MorganMont81 I am doing well thanks!!! Sorry for the delay in response!!!

• Is this still happening? Please say yes

• @pmvines exact time location and dates are pending but plans are still in process.

• Yes I would love to attend and would be happy to pay my share of lodging and chip in for the event 💜💜💜

• @cuddler5617 awesome thanks. I remember julie had initially said fall or winter, is that accurate ?.

• Sounds fantastic!

• [Deleted User]Btown (deleted user)

Sounds like a good time for me to take a road trip from Colorado to Atlanta, a really cool city. It would be fun to makes side trip to pick up and cuddlers who needed transportation.

• [Deleted User]Julie33 (deleted user)
    edited June 2022

UPDATE: Hi everyone! Thank you all for your interest in an Atlanta Meet-Up! Sam (@cuddler5617) and I had a long chat about Atlanta on our way back from St. Louis, and have a few ideas about where and how to host. We definitely decided the event should be indoors (mostly) such as a house or hotel.

The event is still in the planning process but probably will not occur until Jan or Feb 2023. It's just too dang hot in Georgia through September, and then you're running up against the holiday season. Plus, professionally, Oct-Dec is my busiest time of year, so I would not be able to be engaged if I was helping coordinate.

Early October MIGHT be a possibility depending on the location where we decide to host. For example, if we did about an hour outside Atlanta closer to the mountains, it's lovely BUT fall is $$$busy season$$$ for tourists (aka leaf lookers).

As far as other meetups, I appreciate that others may be happening, but we will decide the dates for Atlanta based on the time of year and the schedules of the hosts. Not being rude, but it's impossible to negate every conflict.

Again, thanks for your interest and stay tuned!

• Thank you for the update @Julie33 ! When you do know something , I will make every effort to be there and show some love and support for the south!

• [Deleted User]Btown (deleted user)

Looking forward to the cuddle meet up and fun times on Peachtree Street.

• I would definitely plan to come. I would say yes to all three. But I don’t mind getting an Airbnb too offsite. Thanks for setting this up