St. Louis, MO, Area Meet & Greet Saturday, May 14, 2022

edited May 2022 in General

We’re doing it!

You are invited to a Cuddle Comfort Community Meet & Greet to be held Saturday, May 14, 2022, St. Louis, MO.
Time: noon til ???
Location: The Chinese Pavilion in Tower Grove Park. (Links provided in comments.)
Bring: Your own sweet self, food to share, drinks (I’ll check on park beverage rules and include that in a comment), lawn chair, picnic stuff, blankets for lying/sitting on the grass

Details: This is a non-cuddle event to meet other cuddlers in person. Cuddling maybe could occur if someone brings blankets/air mattress/hammocks to use on the grass but the focus of this event is to meet other members of Cuddle Comfort in an environment without the expectation of cuddling. Cuddlers from outside of St. Louis are welcome to join.

Details will be added as needed. I’ll reserve the first couple of comments for that. This particular thread will be to discuss this event only. There is another thread on generally talking about the possibilities of holding similar events.

If you think you will attend, please indicate that here. Maybe I’ll keep a running tab in one of the comments. You don’t have to RSVP but it would be good to know who and how many to (probably) expect.

I’m excited!

Comments

• edited February 2022

About the venue: Tower Grove Park is located south of Hwy 44 between the Kingshighway and Grand Ave. exits. Here’s a map of the park:
    https://www.towergrovepark.org/map

We’ll be at the Chinese Pavilion. It’s the first one pictured on this page:
    https://www.towergrovepark.org/pavilionspicnic1

Here are the park regulations. Note: beer, wine, coolers, are allowed but No Glass Bottles.
    https://static1.squarespace.com/static/578fe1beff7c5055e845e712/t/61ba1ff3a38b164505cf5b65/1639587828116/Pavilion-and-Picnic-Site-Information-2022.pdf

The venue is a beautiful Victorian park located in the heart of the city. The park was donated to the city by Henry Shaw who founded Shaw’s Garden/Missouri Botanical Garden which is just immediately north of the park. It’s worth a visit if you like that kind of thing.

• edited May 2022

Announcements and Details

Check this space for announcements and details. They will also be added to the thread in bold type so they can be easily found.

A few details about the event:

Members of Cuddle Comfort are welcome - enthusiasts, clients, and pros
    You don’t need to RSVP but if possible we’d like to know if you plan on coming so we’re prepared
    There is no charge for this event. I’m keeping it simple so expenses should be pretty modest. I’ll put out a jar for donations to cover costs.
    If you are local or from out of town and coming by car, please, if you can, bring a folding chair, lawn chair, lounge chair, blanket for the ground, anything similar that would help make for a nice experience. The pavilion only has 3 picnic tables so we’re going to need things to sit on and a couple of extra folding tables.
    Please consult the posts above this and look over the park rules. Beer and wine permitted, no hard liquor, no glass containers. No tents.
    There are no restrooms right by the pavilion, they are a bit of a distance, but there are restrooms in the park.
    Tarps and rope may be handy for extra shade or for protection if it rains.
    I’ve got two coolers. Not sure if we’ll need another but if someone has one for backup, that would be great.
    Please do bring food and/or beverages to share. We’ll make sure there are paper plates, cups, flatware, napkins, hand sanitizer, paper towels, snacks, beverages (soda and fizzy water), fruit, and stuff for sandwiches.

There are two groceries not far from where we’ll be:
    Ruler Foods, 2700 South Grand, 63118 is a discount grocery, carries Kroger brand
    Schnucks, 5055 Arsenal, 63139, is a full service grocery

If you are flying in from out of town, contact me ahead of time and I’ll come and get you if I’m able.

I don’t use my phone for internet so I’ll be offline on the day of the event, will check for messages frequently in the days leading up to the event. If you think you’ll need to get in touch with me the day of the event, message me beforehand and I’ll give you my phone number. I’d publish it here but this is public and I don’t think that’s a great idea.

I’m not going to be able to provide transportation the day of the event. If you need transportation, perhaps check in with some other folks that you know and see if they can give you a ride or else check Uber or Lyft. I won’t be available Friday evening, either, that’s when I volunteer at the rabbit shelter. If anyone is here on Friday and wants to come with me, I could take two or three people. Currently, the shelter requires visitors to wear masks, be prepared for that.

Regarding COVID: this will be outdoors. Take whatever precautions you feel that you need at that point.

Consent: Although we’re all excited to see each other, please remember that we don’t all have the same boundaries, not just around physical touch in general but COVID is also a factor in how much contact some folks want to have. Ask before hugging and don’t take it personally if someone prefers to maintain some distance.

I’ll be there rain or shine. Be prepared! I’ll see if I can scout for an alternative if the weather looks threatening but for now plan on being there.

Thanks to all of you for making this happen!
    4/20/2022

Adding on 5/10/2022:
    Regarding consent: Please get permission before taking anyone’s photo.
    Things to do in St. Louis if you’re here for a couple of days and looking to do things around town:
    The Arch is always fun
    The City Museum downtown is a unique and really fun experience. Highly recommended!
    We have a world class zoo that is free if you like zoos.
    The Missouri Botanical Garden aka Shaw’s Garden is just north of Tower Grove Park where we’ll be having the picnic. It’s fantastic.
    There’s lots of other things but those are some highlights

• edited May 2022

List of who is coming! This includes those who have said yes and those who have said maybe, indicated by a question mark.

As of 4/20/22, in order of appearance in this discussion. If you said you are coming or are interested and have been left out, let me know. If I included you in error, let me know.

@CallMeMikey ?
    @sammyb69
    @sillysassy
    @JoyfulHeart
    @whatsername09
    @CuddlesByDeep
    @oberon
    @SuperManCuddles
    @frace95
    @MissAdventurous ?
    @quixotic_life ?
    @Affection20 ?
    @ljrundqu
    @wiredtek
    @Sideon ?
    @OhioMike
    @BellaSera
    @Mela_B
    @SJ2468
    @justjennn ?
    @applepie55 ?
    @nurturingman
    @GentleMan1111
    @KYtranspant
    @pmvines (probably)
    @FunCartel ?
    @safensecure4u2
    @Gabriel2k
    @Perchell
    @Ohio43
    @TFWO
    @Blondieone
    @shrewdman007
    @Nature_Lover_
    @KozyKim
    @edawsew
    @SCityCuddler
    @cuddler5617
    @stormydaycuddle
    @Julie33
    @KozyKim
    @aashu99
    @mettamso
    @waynewv
    @sunnysideup
    @Hannie868
    @Vash2025
    @jasmine43
    @earthlingLucy
    @starfather87

• I'm so excited this is happening! Go St. Louis!

• Sounds awesome 😎!!! Thank you for the update!!!

• Brilliant! I would definitely come if I wasn't ... on the wrong continent.

• Got it on the calendar! I'll do my best to be there.

• [Deleted User]CCBoy (deleted user)

That sounds like fun. Wish someone would do something like that here. Philadelphia area.

• [Deleted User]sammyb69 (deleted user)

I’m in. Sounds fun. Thank you for setting that up!

• OH MY GOODNESS!!! @Babichev this is such a fantastic idea and I'm so thankful you are willing to do the footwork to make it possible!!!!!! Count me IN!!!! 🥰🌈🦋😊🥰💗

• I'm going to make every effort to be there too!

• Oh my gosh, how wonderful! Super blessed for it to be so close. I'll be there!

• I'm going to try and attend too.

• I'm interested, I'll be watching this develop.

• Wish I was closer. Hope it goes well. 🫂🫂🫂

• I plan to be there too!!!

• This sounds great! I plan on being there! I wish it would take place at the Gateway Arch instead. But the meet and greet sounds awesome!

• How's the weather there the time of the year? 😅

Seriously, I suck in hot weather so typically it's the first thing I like to know 😂😂 I might be able to swing it

• Not bad until late June-Sept when there is a thick haze of humidity from the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers and temps are 90-95 degrees.

• So fun!! If I can find the money for this (it's likely I will) and I don't have any conflicting life stuffs (tbd), I'll be there!! 🤗

• I can't wait! I've already begun to levitate!

• Oh this sounds interesting. I like the idea, but it’s close to my brothers wedding so I’ll have to see how things are going closer to the time.

• @MissAdventurous - usually May is pretty pleasant. Things can get unusually hot or cold at any time but May is generally one of the best months. We can see closer to time what the forecast looks like. July and August can get brutally hot and humid.

• @CCBoy - just do it!

@frace95 - doing it at the Arch would not be practical but certainly if some folks want to make a pilgrimage to the Arch that would not be difficult.

• This is just a meet and greet, not an official cuddle party correct? I used to do cuddle parties, but I don't anymore. I personally prefer the one on one approach.

• @Odinson87 - yes, this is a picnic. It’s possible we might haul an air mattress or some blankets for the lawn and cuddling could take place but that’s not the focus. I originally thought of it as a way for local folks to meet other site members without the pressure of one-on-one individual meetings to check each other out for potential cuddles. However, when I started a thread asking if such an event were available, would anyone be interested in it, several out of town cuddlers expressed an interest in coming and meeting others from the site to it’s expanded a bit from its original mission.

• @Babichev I noticed that. I wish you the best of luck.

• I will plan on it!

• I will plan to be there as well!