St. Louis, MO, Area Meet & Greet Saturday, May 14, 2022

Comments

• I'll pencil this in.

@Babichev - I'll bring you chocolate if I make it.

• What are people's thoughts about wearing name tags with our user names? I'd find it helpful, particularly in the case of people who don't have profile pics on here. People who wished to add a first name could do that as well.

Hello. My name is:

FatherAvengerPB

(Inigo)

• Like @Sideon , pencil me in also. 😊

• edited January 2022

I’ll be there. I also have some space to house out of town guests. Hit me up if you’re interested!

NOTE: While I’m open to visitors of all types, I would prefer to reserve bed/private room space for women, as we all know that it can take a bit of incentive to improve the ratio of women to men at events like these. Nothing against men, but it’s in everyone’s interest to help women to be able to afford the trip.

• @JoyfulHeart ~ 🤣😂🤣 Love the example!!
    And that idea!!

• @JoyfulHeart - I’ll make sure we have name tags and people can put their screen name and/or real life name, where they are from, whatever.

• This sounds like a wonderful event! I'm not longer in St. Louis but I hope you all have a lovely time and I wish you all good weather 😄

• Tentatively include me, I'm going to do my best to plan on attending. 😊

• It's looking more than tentative when I start looking at B&B, hotels, and flights.

• edited January 2022

@Sideon , if it will make a difference I can put you up. No pressure. I’ll probably have @pmvines staying with me, too, which is all I can accommodate. Warning: my place is cluttered and I live like a grad student but on the plus side you’d get to meet the fabulous Bambina the bunny!

• @Babichev - mighty kind of you to offer. I'm looking at flight options and trying to keep it below $400, round trip. Surprisingly, SouthWest is the only provider with direct flights!

• @Sideon , St. Louis isn’t a hub for anyone any more, we have very few direct flights. :(

• @Babichev @Sideon my last flight to St Louis from Columbus Ohio was thru Baltimore!😜 Go figure!

• I'm a definite yes! Secured house and animal sitting! So excited!

• @OhioMike I've had a couple of those:

Greensboro, NC to Baltimore, MD via Atlanta, GA
    Baltimore, MD to Seattle, WA via Atlanta, GA

• I'm planning on attending. As for name tags with your online picture on it, highly recommend. I have done that for other meetings, and it's great if you have a somewhat unique name or picture that is not your face. For example, JoyfulHeart, you could put something like

SAM
    JoyfulHeart. [Profile picture over here]

So that no matter who meets you, or runs into you in the forums eventually, they have an easier time of putting the face with the online name with the real-world name.

I will volunteer to make name tags with profile pics on them.

• edited February 2022

@SJ2468 , that is a great idea!

I am so thrilled at the number of people who are interested! This will be so much fun.

• Well this looks like such a fun event! I will be awaiting details, too!

• I’m really hoping I can make it too!

• if you're flying in, don't forget to look at Southwest Airlines. They may not have a hub in St. Louis but they have so many flights from here to just about everywhere that they use one whole terminal. They don't show up on aggregator sites like Expedia or Travelocity, you have to go directly to southwest.com.

• @SJ2468 - very good suggestion regarding Southwest. Thank you.

• I just booked a direct flight from PHX on AA. I wished I'd booked it a few days ago when it was $100 less, but better late than never. Kayak predicts the price will continue to climb, so if you're interested in booking a flight, now might be the time. (That could just apply to my PHX-STL flight, but it's worth checking out Kayak to see what the prediction is for your flight. Their prediction came true for mine, even more than I expected!)

I think I belong on one of those Progressive Insurance "homeowners who have become like their parents" ads.

• I would love to come - I have considered it - but it's just a bit too far for me at the moment.

• @Babichev It is soooo far from me.

• edited February 2022

I've booked my flight, so I'll be there. Any folks up for sharing accomodations (either double room @ a nearby hotel or a suitable Airbnb) message me directly.

• Awesome! I can’t wait to meet many people there!🦸🏿‍♂️

• I am so sorry for the folks who are too far away. It would be so lovely. We’ll set aside some time to think of you so you can be with us in spirit.

• edited February 2022

Okay after taking some time away to get through the holidays and part way through the winter I reactivated my account.

This is definitely something I'm looking forward to and will be requesting time off of work.

It's been a long winter for me so far, rain, cold, mud, snow, cold, mud, rain, ice, rain again more mud and still cold. I'm dragging through as best I can.