St. Louis, MO, Area Meet & Greet Saturday, May 14, 2022

Comments

• Same same same !!

• Quite the loveable crowd forming here. Have fun y'all 😊

• Yay!!! I won’t make any plans on the days prior to the event so I should be pretty available. I do normally volunteer at the rabbit shelter on Wed. and Fri. evenings and will do that. If anyone wants to come and see what that is all about get in touch with me a couple of days before and I’ll come and get you. I usually head there around 6:30 p.m. and am there til 8:30 or 9:00 depending on what all needs to be covered.

• @Babichev I would absolutely love to come volunteer with you at the rabbit shelter if possible! 💜

• @Nature_Lover_ - get in touch with me a couple of days before and I’ll come and get you. It’s quite an operation. We have about 200 rabbits under our care and the entire thing is run by volunteers. It’s pretty cool.

• edited April 2022

MO’ Cuddles is less than a month away!

I’m excited.

Over the next couple of days I’ll be making some posts regarding details. I’ll post important announcements in bold so they will be easy to find and will also be posting some information in a section near the beginning held open for that purpose.

I’m really blown away by how this has evolved. I started out thinking oh, maybe a handful of people in St. Louis might want to show up for a very low pressure opportunity to meet some other potential cuddlers in person. I posted the idea in the forum to try to get a sense if anyone would think that would be interesting if such a thing happened in their area. At the time I thought maybe if I was lucky 4 people might show up and maybe I’d better bring a book in case I spent the afternoon solo in the park. I never expected that so many people would decide that not only did they like the idea but that they were willing to travel to meet other Cuddle Comforters. You guys totally amazed me.

A couple of folks have thanked me for organizing this. I didn’t. You guys made this happen. I just agreed to go with the flow. Thanks.

I’m planning on keeping it simple. The pavilion may be a bit small for us since at the time I did not expect such an interest. Unfortunately, I was unable to change that but it’s okay. It has three picnic tables and we’ve got folks who can bring folding tables and chairs. There are trees around for shade and we can manifest some tarps or something to create more if we need it. I’ll encourage folks to bring food and drinks to share and I’ll make sure we have some basics, too - fruit, snacks, stuff for sandwiches. I’ll swing by the park and take a few photos so folks can see what the area is like.

This is going to be fun to meet all of you who are able to come. I thank everyone who is making this happen including the folks who can’t make it but still contributed their enthusiasm.

Stay tuned . . .

• Hello I'm new to the group an would love to join in on meet an great do you guys have a set location an time for this day ♥️

• Welcome, @jasmine43 - That information is at the beginning of this thread. Go back to the first page and you’ll see it at the top of the page. I’ll add you to the list.

• @Nature_Lover_ I AM SO EXCITED! 💕

• edited April 2022

I just posted some details at the beginning of the thread. It’s on page 1, 3rd comment. If you’re coming, please read it when you have a chance.

Thanks

• @Babichev regarding the bunnies, I’m in! That sounds awesome and while you credit everyone for helping to plan you definitely deserve some serious credit for making this gathering a reality! BIG THANKS!!!

@Mela_B You and I both!! I cannot wait to connect with you and everyone else!!

I’m going to reread the thread for missed details but am making my boarding / hotel accommodations shortly and any recommendations are welcomed!!

😊😊😊😊😊

• I am really interested in going so I will keep you guys posted ☺️

• Hope you can make it. I’ll put you on the list, @earthlingLucy !

• I would love to attend
    I’ll bring fruit and veggie trays!! I’m so excited!!!

• If there’s no objection a tent and air mattress are on my packing list

• Hello, @starfather87 - Park does not allow tents but an air mattress would be great!

• Bunnies!! How awesome. Gosh I wish it weren't so expensive to fly out there, I hope you all have a wonderful time!!

~ Sunset Snuggles

• edited April 2022

@SunsetSnuggles - yes, a very few lucky folks will get to hang out with the bunnies. I’m maxed out on who I can take Friday evening but if there are folks who will be in town before or after the event who would like to visit the shelter I could probably arrange for a tour or another opportunity to volunteer.

• @Babichev I spent time in St. Louis a few years ago; wish I'd known about the place, then! 🐇🐰🐇

~ Sunset Snuggles

• I might have to bow out of this one, I'm exhausted from all the travel I just got done doing 🙌

• Aw, sorry you won’t be there, @MissAdventurous , but at least you’ve been being adventurous!

• Yeah, guys. I had to go to Chicago. I’m not going to make it to St. Louis. 😢😢😢

• @MissAdventurous You will definitely be missed, but I salute you for taking care of you.

• No problem, if you change your mind you can still show up.

• Ah I work until 4 that day I doubt it will still be going by the time I could get there :(

• @WolfieJack -I expect to be there til sunset which at this time of year is about 7:30 p.m. I could be wrong. If you want, closer to the date message me. I’ll send you my number and you can text me after work, if you feel like it, and see if things are happening or not. Would love to have you. No expectations, it’s an invitation.

• It’s only a week away!

• @Babichev Yayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!