Hosting vs Guesting

Which pro cuddlers get more clients? Those who host or being a guest?

Comments

• Guesting. There are more of them.

• edited April 2022

As a pro I have seen a huge increase in clients once I was able to host, as opposed to myself being a guest at the clients residence or hotel

• [Deleted User]LolaCats (deleted user)

I only host and I do pretty well. I will do a guest at a hotel too if they wanna. But I never go over anyones house.

• This is very true, if I see a pro in my price range and she is able to host I just make contact and schedule a session because the only thing I have to do is drive to her place.
    When the pro doesn’t host and I have to get a hotel room then things get more complicated because I have to go through the expense and lately there are more pros that see this as part of the client’s responsibility and they decline providing additional time and not only that but they also want to charge a travel fee.
    So pros who can host are definitely at the top of my list, provided they’re in my price range.

• I travel for work and it’s always at my hotel. There are a lot of us.

• edited April 2022

I have always offered both, and the majority of my clients like coming to me. Then once I opened my office, clients said they liked the fact I was in a professional building as it made them feel safer. I like hosting in a professional office because it's never messy. 😀 When I travel I host in my hotel room since I don't usually rent a car.
    Ok, all around I just prefer to host. What if someone's house stinks, or they have cats (I'm allergic), or roommates walking in on our cuddle session, or they have cats? Lol! I'm like Dax Sheppard's character in the movie Chips, he super wierd about smells in people's houses.

• I'm not a pro, & not sure what the statistics are, but I can't host at home. Went back & forth on it alot when I first joined, but it's just not possible at the moment. Honestly I don't even view this as my house anyways to make that kind of call, so it's certainly a breath of fresh air to find someone nearby that can host. Though I certainly understand & respect the variety of reasons many choose not to host. Be it safety or a situation similar to my own.

• edited April 2022

I travel for work as well, but it’s hard to set up a session short notice around work hours.

If I see someone has a Host location, that makes it both easier and cheaper for me. If there is no host option, I have to factor in the cost of hotel in the overall price of course.

• @sunnysideup Never had a problem setting up appointments while traveling. I make them a week out. Easy peasy.

• Likely 50/50.
    Speaking as a client...
    Clients can travel for work and don't want to leave hotel or just don't want to leave house. Service that comes to you can be convenient. Would love if I could never leave my place and get my hair cuts, nails done, ect.
    But, my place isn't always available, and others could be at the whim of roommates or unable to create comfortable cuddle space.
    As a client, my number one thing when I look for pro is if they host. In my experience it has only been like 20-80 that they host vs guest, and those were usually traveling cuddlers whom had hotel/Airbnb ready. Which thinking about it now, is kinda funny in this business not to host because ****redacted as to not derail thread or seem like complaining about prices****. In essence, I have passed on pros that don't host because I couldn't either, so feels like they could lose business.
    But since people are so varied and different, I still stick with 50/50.

• Many pros do not host because of safety. Do you want strangers that could be a potential threat knowing where you live? And then some have kids. I fully understand why there are more that go that guest route rather than host.

• They aren't required to host from their house.
    I was perfectly happy with the ones that used a hotel or Airbnb.
    And my first cuddle was one with whom had office space, like mentioned above.
    But, yes, I have hosted and let strangers into my home. Which is why we try to mitigate threats as much as one can.
    Completely understandable some do not wish to take that risk. Though I'd also think it's less risk to be on your own turf than at someone else's. Which likely why it was also stated above, and that is a valid choice to choose not to guest into homes.

• Very interesting post and I’m enjoying the varied perspectives! In my experience somewhere around %2 of cuddle buddies need me host. Strangely enough even when I travel I do not typically host. Though I prefer staying with friends and family while visiting and traveling, I can arrange to host via a hotel or air bnb with advance notice and planning.

• edited April 2022

I've had sessions where I hosted at a hotel as a client and I have also been a guest. By in large the session where I've been a guest (not withstanding the location) have been more enjoyable.

• I have done both and I prefer when they come to me, especially when I travel. First, I have to do it after the work day and I do not like driving at night in a strange neighborhood in a metro area I do not live in. Second, I am normally so relaxed after a session the last thing I want to do is break that spell immediately to drive. Three, I have had two bad experiences with being a guest. One told me it was her new boyfriend’s condo and he wanted her to quit cuddling and the other was a mattress on the floor with no heat or electricity. So yes, I prefer to host from the safety of established hotels.

• I host ONLY & many of my clients really appreciate that I can host & they don't have to spend extra on hotels. A lot of my clients are from other States who chose to drive to my location.

• In my area, There are very few cuddlers who host. I have hosted in my home out of necessity. I'm on a low fixed income, so if I'm fortunate enough to afford a pro, I certainly don't have enough money for a hotel on top of it. I think it's great if a cuddler can do either, but I understand there are pros and cons to hosting and guesting. I've really enjoyed reading all the different responses here. Thank you All.