Snoring

First off, this is my first time posting a discussion. If this has been discussed before i apologize, but just curious about this.
How would you feel about the pro you booked over night if they are snoring?
As pro im kinda worried to book for an overnight session because im worried i might snore. I know most of us say "i dont snore" . But It's not like we can control it lol! It's not like fart that you can run to the restroom and let it out un there hahahha!
Just some silly thoughts, nothing serious lol!

Comments

• I worry about this, too, as I snore in some sleeping positions. I say don't worry about it, everyone likely snores at some point, and as you said, we can't control it! Try to just enjoy yourself and if it happens, laughter is the best medicine. I'll try to heed my own advice! 😊

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @SunsetSnuggles ill wait for them to sleep first to be in the safe side lol!

• 😂 Me, too!

~ Sunset Snuggles

• It's for this exact reason I bring a variety of earplugs with me! I've been told things like, "No problem", "I can sleep through anything", or "I snore too".

And perhaps that's the case, but I still offer them, and set them on the bedside table, for just in case...

To me it just feels better to acknowledge it and to do what I can to mitigate any impact(s). Which is why I almost always wait until they're asleep before allowing myself to fully drift off too.

• @quixotic_life thats a great idea.
    Hopefully they wouldn't mind wearing one.

• [Deleted User]In_Touch (deleted user)

I snore, sometimes quite badly. I'd tell the person in bed with me to wake me up so I can change positions f the snoring disturbs them.

• Yep, me too. As seasonal allergy season in the Ohio River Valley gets underway it gets worse at times.

So far nobody I have spent an overnight with has complained. I hope we can sync snoring as we do breathing. Mabey??

Anyway, someone I'm going to be meeting with in a few weeks says they need background noise to sleep and drown the ringing in their ears out. In that case, I count that an added cuddling benefit. After all, who wouldn't want a cozy up next to a warm diesel engine?

• @KYtranspant your funny, we can count your diesel engine sounds as a white noise heheheh! I think they would only complain if we get louder than them. Sometimes it gets very competitive lol! Jk!
    @In_Touch changing positions will indeed help stop to snoring just hopefully we dont get kick out of bed in process lol!

• edited April 2022

I do snore, so I face this exact problem when doing overnights with fellow enthusiasts. I say, 'I snore. If it's bothering you give me a firm nudge and say Duncan you're snoring, turn over and I will. If all else fails wake me up properly and we'll figure something out'. Nobody has ever objected to this.

Congratulations on your first thread by the way. :) I don't remember a snoring thread, it certainly isn't one of the 'oh no here we go again' topics.

• @chloe88 I'm so glad you asked this. I was wondering about this myself. I was also thinking about crazy sleeping hair, cover stealing and morning breath with a stranger. How's that going for all the overnight cuddles?

• [Deleted User]snuggles1999 (deleted user)

Sometimes I snore, I’ve always been told it’s not that loud though. No ones ever minded, I do always tell them in advance though

• Im guessing most of us do, whether we like it or not hahaha! But i personally dont mind. I will have to add earplugs in my cuddle bag (yes! I have a cuddle bag lol!) Not for me, but for client, just in case. Lol!
    @Jkay hair probably will come out sexy hahaha! But the morning breath I'd be so conscious lol! But they're normal, i usually just beat him to the restroom and brush my teeth, go back to bed pretend sleep hehehe!
    @CuddleDuncan thank you, i was hesitant at first. My grammar are not great but i figured we are not in english class. 😅

• I've been wanting to book an overnight for a while now but I use a cpap and have been scared it would be awkward with the hoses being in the way.

• @Robbie78223 that shouldn't be a problem as long as you bring it up ahead of time so you guys can make and plan ahead. Your cpap could be on the opposite side of her. Im sure your arms and chest is more than enough to welcome her cuddles more hehehe!
    *hope i didn't deliver that offensive ✌️

• I would not worry too much about snoring. I've done overnights and told the clients if I snore to wake me up and I'll do the same. Same if I'm on my period or have to poop. If nature calls over a 12 hour session, what am I supposed to do? Hold everything in? Lol! Same goes for clients. They can do their doodie business, or change their pads/tampons if need be and not have to worry about smell or trash or be embarrassed.

We all want to feel accepted as we are with all of our humanness. When we feel accepted, we can then relax, calm our nervous system, and tap into that vulnerability. 🥰

• I personally don’t snore, but I do have several clients that range from giggle worthy snores to freight train status. The softer ones tend to drown out my tinnitus and become rhythmic enough to fall asleep to and don’t brother me. The freight trains though… I tend to lightly rub their shoulder and coax them in to rolling on to their side. I have one client though, who only snores on their side 😐😂. But I’ve come to learn that having the correct pillow height can help work wonders.

The thing I honestly worry about when someone books an overnight with me, is what I call my “death rattle” 🤣
    When I get comfortable and about to fall asleep, I seem to give one good entire body jolt. It usually immediately makes me laugh even when I’m by myself…
    But it’s a pretty violent jerk. Haha
    No one has ever said anything about it yet though…but I always warn them it could happen with them. Hahaha

• I hardly ever snore, but when I do it's very lightly (or so I've heard) and usually only when either laying in a certain position on my back or if I'm congested.
    However I have not ever had anyone's snoring ever wake me up, and I have several family members who snore quite loudly. (I heard because they were asleep when I was awake, but I had no trouble sleeping with the snoring.)
    So if I ever was able to arrange an overnight session (pro or otherwise), I don't see that being a problem. :) I'd be more worried about my moving around at night to bother the other person.

• Not worried much, just curious on what people thought and experience. Im happy to read all these responses as we all understand each other. More reason to love this cuddle community.
    My mom used to fight anyone that is close to her when she sleeps, so on our vacation she gets her own bed hahaha!! As for i go to the restroom a lot, so i will have to get the side closer to the bathroom lol!

• @Robbie78223 Please don't let your CPAP stop you from getting cuddles! Just communicate with the Pro and I'm sure it will be fine! 🤗

~ Sunset Snuggles

• edited April 2022

@Robbie78223 any decent professional will not be unduly bothered by that. Anybody that might be bothered will just politely decline, because they are not the right person for you.

Definitely not a reason not to do an overnight. You just need to talk through the implications for cuddling and how it's all going to work.

• [Deleted User]TheZeroEffect (deleted user)
    edited April 2022

I've slept with people, or just near friends who snore pretty bad. But they can't help it, they're sleeping and have to breathe. I don't snore-shame. Fine to wake someone up to try to help then with their snoring or whatever but people who snore-shame are sort of assholes because that's almost like saying you shouldn't breathe.