Lurkers, I'm looking at you!

Heya sweet peoples!

So obviously the vast majority of members don't actually post on the forum, but I'm guessing that a heck of a lot of lurkers are out there reading. Yes, YOU!

1 - Would you like to introduce yourself? Maybe you've never posted, or maybe you post once in a blue moon when something really catches your fancy or ups your ante. Or maybe you used to post more and have fallen off the wagon. Now's your chance to get in on the fun! Tell us a little about yourself.

2 - If you don't feel up to introducing yourself, my PM box is expectantly waiting for a message. Why? Because I've found that some of the sweetest people on this site are not active on the forum, and if you're not in my area or don't make yourself known here, I don't know you exist! So lurkers and nice, shy people...hit me up! I need more positivity and kindness in my life. I bet you do, too.

3 - Maybe you don't feel like writing an intro OR sending a PM, so if you just feel like a simple lil ice breaker, here's a question for you... What is your favorite cookie? Mine is oatmeal chocolate chip. :3

4 - You can always continue lurking. We will allow it. We'll be sad...but we'll allow it.

~ Sunset Snuggles

Comments

• Hi Sunset,
    I never thought of myself as a “lurker”, just an introverted observer.

I grew up watching Cowboy Bob (not sure if the shows were first runs or reruns) and he always ended every episode with “if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.” Not that I ever wanted to say anything that wasn’t nice but I have always tended to not say much unless I felt I had something important to say. I probably read 200+ comments for every one I post.

• [Deleted User]FectionKitty (deleted user)

I'm FectionKitty (because I like affection and I like kitties). I'm from Toronto, Ontario Canada. I would have to say that my favorite cookie is white chip macadamia nut from Subway. Back to lurking...

• [Deleted User]FortuneCooquii (deleted user)

Hello. I'm new to the site, I'm a social introvert. I enjoy making other people happy, even if it means I may sacrifice something just to put a smile on someone else's face. I enjoy movies, going out to dinner, get togethers and other social stuff and making friends, but like my alone time too. Sometimes you need it so that you can re-energize. Born & raised in SoCal and my kids are all grown, so I find myself with lots of time outside of my F/T job. My favorite cookies would be a thick and chewy dark chocolate chip cookie with nuts.

• Thanks to those of you who PM'd me, that made me happy! :3

@PlatonicSeeker That quote is also made in Bambi! Very wise words to live by. I see from your profile that you just moved, how are you liking your new digs? Also, thank you for your honesty in your profile, and big hugs going out to you.

@FectionKitty Aha, your username has been making me think of confections, so I get hungry whenever I see your posts. Macadamia nuts are delicious! Good luck on your keto journey! I tried it briefly and it was fantastic.

@FortuneCooquii Welcome to the site! I'm new, too, just about to hit my one-month mark! I also re-energize by being at home, alone. Oh my gosh, chewy cookies are the best! By the way, your hair is gorgeous!!!

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Hiya @SunsetSnuggles!!

I'm Jason (or Jas), and I try not to lurk, but I'm an on & off again (as far as activity goes) member for less than a year... I'm from Las Vegas, but I spend roughly half my year (every year) traveling the world due to a job I don't like discussing openly :wink: After traveling, very little is more wonderful than good cuddles with good people... :smile: Occasionally, I may come off slightly British in expression and mindset... I was fortunate enough to live in Oxfordshire for 5 brilliant years, and I've loved every visit to the UK since.

As far as cookies go, I am limited by their typical ingredients. Sadly, I have to avoid foods with Gluten, as I have an intolerance (as opposed to full-blown allergy). That being said, I regard anyone who can make gluten-free recreations of popular cookies with a near-reverence and utter amazement. If you ever present me with a plate of gluten-free 'White Chip Macadamia Nut' or the 'Raspberry Cheesecake' cookies (from Subway), please don't be startled if I say "I love you." I'm likely speaking to the cookies. :lol: :love:

• Jas :heart:
  • Hi @SunsetSnuggles,

I'm always checking out the forum to see what's happening, just haven't had the need to post anything. Some posts just don't interest me, but I may comment once in a blue moon. I did get involved on a couple of the more heated discussions but decided to keep some of my opinions to myself going forward. I'm the black sheep of the site, like that annoying cousin you tolerate at family reunions.

• @robroo is actually a total sweetheart 👆 💜

• Hi 😊 I'm mostly a lurker - I post on occasion, but it's somewhat rare. Hope everyone's well has gone well! Hugs 🤗

• @Mela_B you're so sweet! 🤗💜

• @SunsetSnuggles You always post such warm, inclusive, and inviting forum topics! You're real neato! 🌻🌺🌼🌷

I don't always have something to add, but I do like to weigh in on forums every once in a while. It's fun to interact in these group discussions because that, I think, is the most effective way to meet kind and interesting new individuals!

I love all cookies the same, but I do have a favorite pastry! Banana bread is such a comfort, and really any banana pastry for that matter! Oh to have a sweet and comfy treat with a lovely friend under the shade of a riverside tree 🌳

• [Deleted User]Thtwngybear (deleted user)

Oh boy... Ok, here goes my intro!

Hello Everyone! My name is Sean. I am 25 and I'm a HUGE cuddle bug. There's nothing more enjoyable than cuddling with someone. I just joined yesterday, so I would like to apologize in advance as I'm still figuring out the website.

I am typically introverted and I deal with Social Anxiety amidst a variety of other disorders. But that doesn't mean I'm a scary person! I'm just a big teddy bear! I am overweight, but my stomach tends to help with back pain!

Sometimes I like to listen more than I talk, and sometimes I like to talk more than I listen. I look forward to being Cuddle Buddies!

• Hi cuddle team,

I am Pete and mostly a lurker 👀 too. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I have posted on occasion. I enjoy reading the posts for the most part. I learn a lot from the non-lurkers (the actives, the verbals, the posters?). Lots of awesome topics and humor galore. Very much enjoyed.

Primary reason for not posting is getting sucked into coming here more often. 🤔. I like to hit the forums once a day or so to see what new topics are being discussed but otherwise I don’t have enough time to comment on everything I read. But thanks for the comments and hopefully once I get more time I’ll participate more!

Regards,
    Pete

• Hello, community. I used to be quite outgoing years ago, but I have turned into a habitual Lurker over time. The longer I'm on here, the more it sounds like the same old conversations and arguments happening over again. However, every once in a while an original and thought-provoking thread will pop up and I see an opportunity to contribute something to the group. So I spent my entire morning doing this for you guys to get to know me again. BTW Thin Mints FTW!

• I am definitely a lurker. Thanks to my friend @SunsetSnuggles for thinking about us, the very shy people! I find it difficult, but I'll try to be more active!

Anyway, I'm Ingrid. I live in Sweden and would love to talk to people from all over. Not many cuddlers in Sweden! I enjoy simple things like reading in the sun, fishing, Scandinavian folk music, conversation and mowing the lawn.

Ingrid

• @CuddleMeHubert Do you like Volvos?

• @FunCartel My favorite car is a Volvo. Volvo Amazon.

• edited May 2022

@CuddleMeHubert I own and drive an R-Design Volvo C-30.

Seriously considering a Polestar 2 right now, which are probably fairly common in your country.

Volvo Amazon! That’s going back a lonnng ways.

• Probably, but not up north where I live. We have too great distances for most electric cars.

• This was a great idea! I notice some people especially those that message me are very introverted, shy and timid. This thread definitely was needed!

• @CuddleMeHubert Yeah electric doesn’t make sense up there until they perfect solid state batteries which have the potential for up to 700 miles—would probably still go 400 miles with a heat pump.

• @DarlingZ SunsetSnuggles comes up with some good threads. She's fun to PM also.

• @FunCartel Yeah, and it gets VERY cold here. Batteries don't seem to like that.

• @DonLonG You are awesome 😎!!! Yes to thin mints! 🏆

• Squeeee!!! @DonLonG ~ aka TGTB!!! Seeing your name just made me so happy! Hope you're doing well my perfectly nerdy, sarcastic, wonderful cuddler and word play friend!! 🤗🥰

• Big thanks to all the lurkers who have PM'd me due to this thread! You guys rock.

@jaswbrown posted: "please don't be startled if I say "I love you." I'm likely speaking to the cookies."
    Ahaha, you're awesome. How wonderful you got to live across the pond! I would love to do that, someday. How's Vegas treating you? We just moved from there a little over a year ago. @Btown is heading your way!

@robroo posted: "I'm the black sheep of the site, like that annoying cousin you tolerate at family reunions."
    Similar to debates on this site, at family gatherings, I tend to tuck myself into a back corner and just watch the goings-on. =) Welcome!

@addicted2touch Thanks for popping in! Would love to see a picture of your old razor collection. Also, big high five to another Frasier fan! I might be in love with Niles... dreamy sigh Lastly, I really appreciate the last line of your profile...I feel the same, unless the significant other is aware and consents.

@BoyoftheFlowers posted: "You always post such warm, inclusive, and inviting forum topics! You're real neato!"
    Oh for goodness sake, you're such a sweetie! Thank you, I try.
    You posted: "It's fun to interact in these group discussions because that, I think, is the most effective way to meet kind and interesting new individuals!"
    This is exactly how I feel, and why I value the message board so much...it really reveals peoples' true colors.
    You posted: "Oh to have a sweet and comfy treat with a lovely friend under the shade of a riverside tree"
    How romantic, in the platonic sense! Always love your nature shots, very relaxing.

@Thtwngybear Yay, a cuddle bug! Welcome to the site. I'm fairly new, myself. If you're open to chatting, there's many sweet people here to make friends with. Social anxiety and other disorders are definitely nothing to be scared of, and you're certainly not alone in dealing with things like that, I'm right there with you. Feel free to message, anytime!

@pete07132013 Thanks for joining in! Looks from your pictures that you've experienced so many beautiful places on your bike! Good on you, mate. If I ever come to Austin, I'm taking you out for Voodoo Doughnuts!

@DarlingZ posted: "This was a great idea! I notice some people especially those that message me are very introverted, shy and timid. This thread definitely was needed!"
    Thanks so much!!

@achetocuddle posted: "SunsetSnuggles comes up with some good threads. She's fun to PM also."
    You're so dang sweet to me every single week! hugs I always appreciate your PM's popping up when I least expect!

@DonLonG Oh. My. God. Your cuddle resume is the stuff of EPICNESS! You're the coolest dude. Can I get in on some of that Nuzzling attribute? Here's an oldie but a goodie for you:

~ Sunset Snuggles

• [Deleted User]Btown (deleted user)

How many lurkers does it take to put up a fence?

None. They don't post.

I am leaving now.

• Ahahaha!! @Btown ~ Love it!! 🤣

dadjokes!! So punny!!

• Well I'm Dave from Southern England, 31 (still look like a teenager but heyho)

I'm one of those 'post once or twice before disappearing for weeks on end' guys so thought I'd say hi before that happens again ;)

• Hi everybody.
    If I ever look like a lurker, this is mostly because there is no cuddling community in my surroundings, so that my only possibilities are to visit people's profiles, being shy or worried about their reactions. Sometimes I send a private messages when I really find relevant things to say.
    Moreover I'm not prone to social networking in general.
    On the forums, I sometimes take parts in discussions when the subject is not too sensitive (prone to conflicts).

• [Deleted User]Snuggluffagus (deleted user)

Hi everyone. My name is snuggluffagus. I'm a cuddlaholic.