A lot of clients take their confidentiality too far!

[Deleted User]tranh002799 (deleted user)

I've got a client recently who got freaked out for some reason because his name showed up in the caller ID. Since I wasn't able to conduct a video phone call with him because I was out shopping at Safeway, I got back to him by text a few hours later, and I tried to give him a friendly greeting like "Hi, __." He was like, "Did you search my name?" And I was like, lol? Wtf, I don't do that XD ?? Anyway, he requested a car cuddling session which both of us accepted via the site, said he wanted to pay with cash because he doesn't want to be tracked. Then he called a few days prior to the session asking if we can changed the schedule, same time but "today". I was like, oh okay, no prob. He said he was gonna call half an hour before the set time and send me the address for where the car cuddling would take place. I logged back to the site to update the booking, and found out that he has proceeded to deactivate his account. I texted him like, just checking if there was something wrong with your account? And he never got back to me. I never got that call from him either.
I mean, I need to take necessary safety measures for myself too, don't I? Or their confidentiality always has to come first? Is it typical for anyone to go THAT FAR to hide it??
XD

Comments

• [Deleted User]FortuneCooquii (deleted user)

Sounds like he was probably married or something and doesn't want to be tracked, but also might be a scammer. Be thankful that he didn't meet up with you , but sorry that he wasted your time. Get a Google Voice number for yourself, if you haven't already.

• I say you dodged a bullet! Your safety has to come first and if he can’t see that his request are jeopardizing your comfort and safety and he doesn’t feel the need to make that a priority, it’s a red flag! He possibly didn’t have good intentions to begin with, but God blocked it.

• [Deleted User]tranh002799 (deleted user)

Thank you for your advice, FortuneCooquii. I've never heard of Gg Voice before. I'll check it out.

He happened to have karmas on his profile, too. I believed I remember they were good reviews.

• Sounds very shady to me. Stay safe

• I don't understand anything I just read...

How did you know his name if he didn't tell you that?

Why would you ever agree to meet with anyone if you didn't actually know who you were meeting with?

How would know that his name came up on your caller ID?

And if he's that paranoid about being found out why would he ask to met in a car... full of windows... in a public place?

I'm thinking there's a possibility that car was going to have tinted windows. Honestly both sides of this story sound a little fishy to me. I mean you shouldn't reveal anyone's real name or any other private information about them to anyone else without their knowledge or consent because that would be a violation of confidentiality but just having their name in your phone? That's just for your own personal use which you would have that anyway if you were already planning to meet... so what was the problem? So very very confused.

• Probably married and desperate. :( I’ve been there.

• @tranh002799 Im sorry you had such an exchange but I agree with the others in that you may have dodged a bullet. Confidentiality is critical but red flags should never be ignored. In addition to this, for your safety I would recommend verifying identity on some level and would strongly encourage you to review the professionals section of this thread to take advantage of the abundance of information shared and discussed concerning safe practices. This prospective client may have had intentions which were not platonic or even predatory and their information, even if limited can be shared in an appropriate space and manner to ensure other paid cuddlers are not put at risk. I will message you directly to let you know how to do this and your time and energy is greatly appreciated in ensuring the safest possible community for all.

Car cuddles are a no go for me as it seems like an easy way to be kidnapped or in general could be less than ideal for cuddling. I would strongly urge you never to meet a first time client in a car due to this vulnerability.

• @tranh002799

You're new so you probably don't realize the risk of cuddling in a car with strangers from here, but don't. Seriously. There's some bad apples and occasional dangerous members who have been banned and returned under new usernames. I highly recommend popping over to our pros forum for tips on safety and screening if you want to avoid some very problematic scenarios.

Conduct your sessions in a space that can be tracked. A hotel , Airbnb or their residence. You need to be able to give a physical location to others in the event the session goes south.

Hi, CuddleForDID
    So after we agree to the booking, I gave him my phone number, and he already knew my name at this point. When he gave me a call, instead of seeing his number as something like “Unknown” I saw it as “First Name + Last Initial.” And it said “Verified Caller” or something. I’ve heard iPhone has this functionality and I came across it from times to times before. Now that I think about it, like when I applied for a job and the manager of the place decided to get back to me, their name would very likely show up on the caller ID. So no, I’ve only got a pic of my client when he first hit me with a message. I didn’t pry into anything. And I believe I shouldn’t have to be responsible as to why his name automatically showed up in the caller ID either. He set up or registered something at his own end, and it just showed up 🤷‍♀️
    So long story, I picked up the phone when I was out at Safeway, he did say “Hi, I’m __ and I’m from the CC site.” We agreed to call back when I get back to my place, because I needed somewhere quiet to conduct a video call to go over details of the meeting. It was then ~10pm and we managed to exchange those info with just a regular voice call instead of a video call because for some reason he couldn’t do it. For the most part, he did put me at ease because we spent a good amount of time discussing boundaries and expectations. So I was like, uhm ok, maybe sometime before the appointment I’ll ask again for a short video call. The car cuddling session was to be taken place in the public parking of a theme park in the late afternoon, in the backseat of my SUV, btw.
    I hope that’d clear all your doubts about me for now. I’ve tried to recount the event as best as I could.

Thank you everyone for your concern about my safety. I didn’t know we have a separate section on the forum for the pros. I’ll check it out shortly after I get back from work.
    I’m feeling so much love and support rn 🥰

• [Deleted User]LolaCats (deleted user)

@Rezz i second that.
    It’s extremely dangerous. Not passing judgment at all just looking out. Don’t agree to car cuddling.

• @tranh002799 I have messaged you with some helpful information to set you up for a safe and successful experience within this booking platform.

With regard to your latest comment, you have excellent communication skills and explained things very well though I don’t think you should have to. It seems abundantly clear to me that you erroneously received the prospective client’s information and while they may have been desperate and married as @frankparker9 mentioned, that would be the best case scenario. While many paid cuddlers are compassionate and caring and serve many who are in relationships and touch deprived we still need to keep safety for everyone as our primary focus. To better serve those who may be in relationships or hold titles or jobs ect which may inhibit them from obtaining cuddles due to the risk of a breach in confidentiality there are many great practices such as confidentiality agreements, ways to protect secure information on your cell phone and much more which you will find accessible if you follow the directive within my private message.

Again, best of luck to you 😊

• A lot of great advice has been given already, so I just want to wish you good vibes and safe cuddling with great people who aren’t scary.

• @Syins ‘with great people who aren’t scary,’ That bit got me 🤣🤣🤣

You are on to something though - because there are so many great people who are not scary who deserve connection and cuddles! As a new paid cuddler you are particularly vulnerable to attempts for those who may want to misuse the platform and coerce or exploit you. It’s critical that we all work together to ensure the safest ect for everyone. Proper screening, and community wide safe practices can go a long way to protect the site from being shut down due to misuse per current litigation sesta fosta.

• I'm sorry this happened to you. I always check to make sure a profile hasn't been deleted before I walk into a cuddle. Stay safe!

• @tranh002799 Yup that makes a lot more sense now. I didn't know caller ID could do that and he probably didn't realize that either. Unless I already recognize the number and know who it is all I see is the phone number with no name attached. Though I can see where the call is coming from assuming the caller hasn't blocked or hidden their location.

Anyway that being said... that whole situation still sounds really shady. For your own safety never agree to meet with anyone who won't at least give you their name and agree to a video call with you first. Those are huge red flags of a catfish.

As long as you're not actively going around giving anyone this guy's information I don't think you did anything wrong.