How far will you drive/ travel for cuddling?

[Deleted User]shayru0624 (deleted user)

How far will you drive/ travel for cuddling? Requesting a pro to travel 30-40 miles in a city like LA (obviously willing to pay extra for gas/time) for 2-3 hrs, is that ok?

Comments

• [Deleted User]Snuggluffagus (deleted user)

To me pros should be paid for their total time. Whatever is negotiable (or not) for travel.

I prefer a hobbyist though so it doesn't feel like punching a clock and travel time for either of us is a moot point.

• Of course it’s fine to request. The pro may or may not be willing to do it, and if so will probably charge a travel fee.

• The pro in question would have to decide for themselves what is okay and what is not.

I drove 3 hours to spend the weekend with a cuddle buddy, they drove five. It was totally worth it. No one was getting paid, though.

• [Deleted User]Btown (deleted user)

This is one of the things that can/should be negotiated prior to a meet up.

• Most Pro's state in their profile if they are willing to travel, how far, and for how much. You're totally fine to request what you have.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• edited May 2022

I’ll travel but I make sure the minimum booking hours equals total driving time. So hour and a half drive must be 3 hours session. It’s a lot for the first time with someone, and that deters non-serious people a bit. Much farther than that and I just negotiate based on specifics, for example they may pay for a hotel room for the night in addition to their session. If it’s somewhere I really want to go, I’ve done things like they pay for my travel and room and get x hours sessions available each day/night I’m there but I’ll work in set time to sight see on my own. But it’s really a case by case. Never hurts to ask and your proposal seems fair to me.

• 11000 km =/

• With current gas prices, probably not far.

• @WriterGF - E-Bikes are way more affordable than gas these days. You can get one for around $1,000 and has around a 40 mile range per charge.

• I just flew 850 miles one way !!!!!!
    It was for several overnight cuddles.
    It was cheaper to fly, I would drive 1-3 hours for a cuddle if it was for a 2+ hour cuddle

• Last month I drove a little over 4 hours (each way) to meet with a pro I had spent time with earlier this year while on a business trip. I turned last month’s trip into a mini-vacation by spending some time in nature while I was in her state (she lives in a beautiful area) but if it were not for her being there, I would not have made the trip.

• @Mike403, thanks, but I don't have $1000 to spend right now.

• The furthest I've driven to meet with a snuggle buddy is about 1 hour 15 minutes away. I might go up to a hour and a half but that's about it.

• edited June 2022

I don't necessarily have a limit on drive time, it just depends on how much we want to see each other and I always try to make the most of my time . For example, I have some friends who I have driven 10 plus hrs to see. Others maybe like.1 to 3 hrs. They also have come to me, or we have decided to meet halfway, like.@babichev mentioned. If too far to realistically drive, I have flown , though I much prefer to drive when able However I will make it a point with the longer trips to see multiple people if able, and do some activities etc and make a little vacation out of it, so it is not just arrive , see a friend , cuddle , and then turn around and go home.

Some people wont spend time getting to know folks outside a certain area, and that is really limiting so many opportunities to cross paths with people from all over the country . The site def works and you can find folks to cuddle., but you wont have much luck if you arent willing to go outside of your backyard .

• @WriterGF - Cheaper than a few tanks of gas. People are talking about buying a Tesla to fight high gas prices. I don't think you'll live long enough to break even on a $60k car.

• edited June 2022

@shayru0624 I travel to LA a lot and I know the lay of the land pretty well as we spent 5 years there when I was a kid and I have been going there for well over 20 years for work several times a year. With prices the way that they are many of the pros are tightening how far they will travel. Time of day, distance and how long you want to cuddle for are major considerations. For instance, if you are staying at a hotel by LAX, and try and hire a lady from the Inland Empire for two hours you better be prepared to drop some coin on travel expenses because that is a haul. Just the reality we live in now.

• I am working on plans this fall to meet another member for a week's vacation. We have had many overnights and both love to travel and explore.

It will be about a 4.5 hour drive to meet up but it's going to be well worth the time and miles.

I am pretty confident this will be a chance to plan more and start crossing things off our respective bucket lists.

Travel, vacations, cuddles, it's the whole dream.

• @KYtransplant That sounds divine!

~ Sunset Snuggles

• I have drove anywhere from about 1 hour to 1,500 miles one way and flown approximately 2,000 miles before for vacation/cuddling 🤗before. If I have good timing and enough reason to travel(special person or people) , usually do.

• There are some cuddlers in the Carolinas that I often think about flying to go see!

• Could someone please explain to me what a pro is and just what that would entail just joined today and now I'm confused but hey that's normal for me

• edited June 2022

Welcome, @kennyray. A professional cuddler is a person who is paid by a client to cuddle them. In much the same way as you might pay a lawyer to give you legal advice, a mechanic to fix your car, a massage therapist to give you a massage or a psychotherapist for talking therapy. "Cuddling" in this context covers a wide range of activities from talking about touch without doing any actual touching, to a full-scale [fully clothed, non-sexual] cuddle such as you might have with a spouse or partner. Or a child or a pet.

Don't worry about the confusion, it's very common amongst people who are new to the site because cuddling outside your intimate circle isn't common in our society. Read beginning of the Frequently Asked Questions sticky at the top of this board, and take your time. The cuddling world rewards patience, effort, thoughtfulness, self-awareness and respect.

• No more than 45 minutes I don’t think …. but if everything works out the way I’m sacrificing & planning for (meaning I finally own my time & realize financial freedom) there will be no limits … it would actually be an adventure to fly across the country (or across the world) to meet / cuddle / or simply hang out with people I’ve bonded with here.

• One or two hours. Im in Jersey but can drive to NYC or even Philly

• edited June 2022

I would say 15 miles to the (pro) cuddler's place, (probably could do up to 18 miles) because I have been using my bicycle as my only form of transportation post pandemic wise. One thing the pandemic did, allowed me to create a total divorce of the NYC public transportation system. I literally have since March of 2020 that I don't take any kind of public transportation and have been solely depending on my bicycle (well, e-Bike I built myself) to transport myself and since the battery that I currently have on my e-Bike is good for about 30 to 40 total miles, I can't go farther than 15 miles because that would double to 30 miles when I return back.

This limits my distance for now.

In the future, I plan to buy a used car that I will be using mainly for work purposes, when that time comes, I will be able to travel much farther for a cuddle session.

• Unfortunately I don't drive so I'd prefer if my cuddle b partners or cuddle spots are within 15 miles

• My rule is that the session must be equal to or longer than the round trip. I cap my driving to two hours each way. I also don’t charge extra for travel which is part of the reason why I wont spend more time driving than I will in the session.

• I still have a lot of residual anxiety from the accident I was involved in (and the aftermath) that can crop up in different situations, so I'm really trying to focus on hosting. But I reduced my rates accordingly and am trying to put together a great space for hosting and accommodating overnight since many people are traveling from greater distances for sessions.

Sounds like @xandriarain and I are the opposite, lol. I rate lower to accommodate people coming to me and she rates to include travel to the client. Love it. Self-employment is the best, and people seeking a professional can have all different kinds of options for meeting their needs. 🤗💜

• Maybe for 200 miles at max.

• ~2500 miles, SF/Bay area to Florida for work conferences, but scheduled time with two Professionals who are also wonderful humans.