Cap on messaging

[Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
One day, awhile ago, I received a message saying something about I had reached my maximum number of messages per day and would have to wait until tomorrow to continue sending more. The funny thing is it was only 11AM and I felt like I hadn't even sent very many that day. A couple friends of mine recently said that they received the same message. @mark  or anyone else who may know the answer, is there a cap on messaging and if so what is the number? 

Comments

• My bad. I did a lot of messaging today so I may have hit a universal cap for everyone for the day xD

tbh though, never seen that happen. I do my fair share of messaging and have been talking with a lot more people on the site the last couple weeks, but haven't seen a cap message yet.
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    Hmmmm interesting 
  • Are you mainly messaging a person or two or multiple people? Maybe it could be something about the number of different people messaged, the number of messages to a single person.... or even restrict the number of messages that can be sent to a single person before they reply?
    Just throwing out ideas, but none of which I'm sure of are the real reason. Will be interested to know what it is though.
    edited February 2017
    That's the funny part, I don't really even message all that much lol Despite how it may appear, I'm not a very social person.
  • edited February 2017
    There are anti-spam triggers in place which are also harsher for new accounts. The general message cap shouldn't really be hit but there is also a cap on how many individuals you can send to in a certain period of time. Were you talking to quite a few individuals that particular day?
    I don't really remember but I don't think it was all that much especially considering it was only 11am. My friend that had it happen to him recently said he counted and he had only sent 8 messages that day. 
  • edited February 2017
    Can you remember if it was one of these messages and if so which one?

"You have exceeded your message send limit. Please wait until tomorrow before contacting anymore cuddlers."
    OR
    "Your sending messages too fast. Please try again in an hour."

It was the first, I had to wait until the next day and for the record, I'm not complaining, more just curious is all. Thanks.
  • edited February 2017
    Hmm. That particular spam protection is only meant to trigger if you outreach to 8 different individuals within 24 hours. It also shouldn't stop you talking inside existing conversations.
  • edited February 2017
    This should be resolved now. Outreach limit is now upped for regular members.
    Thank you