I've seen the weather so hot that...

I've seen it so hot that a squirrel was resting belly-flop style on the rail of my wooden deck trying to cool off.

Comments

• @achetocuddle Its so hot 🥵.. I just saw two trees fighting over a dog !
    😝

• edited May 2022

@achetocuddle I would have attempted to bring him / her some water but with my luck the squirrel 🐿 woulda probably run away 😅

@OhioMike 😂😂

• @cuddles_ndream Aww. Didn't think of that. Opening the patio door always shoos everything away. I could have gone around the other way, but he looked like he was making it OK.

The weather is so hot in my parent's house sometimes that sweat starts popping out on me as soon as I enter. It's rough.

• [Deleted User]GoodRightHook (deleted user)

You could fry an egg on top of another egg.

• @achetocuddle No its cool, I’m always trying to accommodate wildlife …. I’ve only had luck w/ 2 bonded feral cats & that took me so much time, they wouldn’t allow me anywhere near at 1st, I wouldn’t expect it to be easy to even want to help…

Lol wow, that’s how the weather is in Floria & the islands during the summer, I refuse to go to either during the summer.

• [Deleted User]Btown (deleted user)

@OhioMike That was a good one.

• [Deleted User]Btown (deleted user)

You know it's hot outside when you go out and it's hot.

• I refuse to go anywhere hot, period, other than my parent's, @cuddles_ndream. Life is short and I cook quickly :)

@Btown lol.

@GoodRightHook lol. I think the egg cooked on top might be tastily underdone.

Has anyone ever tried to fry an egg on the sidewalk and got in trouble with their guardian? Not me.

• @achetocuddle … my all time favorite weather

Lowest - 70 degrees
    Highest - 80 degrees (really 79 I don’t wanna see an 8 in the 1st digit lol 😂

& I absolutely love non-humid summer nights 🌆 🌌

Yes life is short , I don’t even cook I microwave & order out lol

***gonna wait til it hits 90 degrees or something & crack an egg on the sidewalk 🍳 👀

• A non-humid summer night? What is that? Lol. Yes, they are so nice when you get them @cuddles_ndream . And that chicken sizzling on a rock in Vegas Vacation sounded good.

• @achetocuddle anywhere in the world but Florida lol 😂

Vegas vacations is classic! 😄 & yes I agree it sounded very good! If It is seasoned well I want a piece plz right off that rock lol

• @cuddles_ndream I went to St Augustine Florida in August once with my parents and now ex-husband. It wasn't my idea. It was heck on earth. I would eat meat cooked on a rock if I could wash the rock first. :) If a little dirt accidentally remained, no prob.

There is an old saying that you have to eat a peck (quarter bushel) of dirt before you die. Just a way of saying all dirt can't be avoided and it won't kill you if eat a little. This is a very old and country saying. Probably not too many have heard it.

• Now I want a steak 🥩 or burger 🍔 off a rock 🪨… Nope it can’t be off the grill, it has to be off a rock 😌 (by the way I noticed the emoji ;)

Have you ever watched the show “Extreme cheapskates”? I love that show …

• I've not watched Extreme Cheapskates but I can be one sometimes. I like to make sure I don't get soft and forget how to get by on a little. I enjoy giving small gifts, sometimes for no occasion and as a surprise, so I figure every time I squeeze a few dollars out of my check I can buy someone a sack of candy on sale, etc. and delight both of us.

• I like to save, but not at the expense of comfort … example , if the best Verizon wireless plan cost $120 after fees & taxes , & im able to pay $50 for the very same plan doing a couple of things like adding my employers discount ect, than I’m doing just that 😅

• Extreme Cheapskates was the stupidest TV show I've ever seen. There was an episode where a lady had one light bulb and she would unscrew it from its socket and move it from room to room to save on her electric bill. You know what else would accomplish the same goal? A light switch.

• @Mike403 ive never seen that episode 😅 I wanna watch it now 😂

• Everything on TLC is trash. Back in the day, it used to stand for "The Learning Channel" and had educational content. This satire promo is not too far off from their actual programming these days:

• I think I knew that Extreme Cheapskates was too over the top for me. And when your ex-husband makes fun of your thriftiness but doesn't mind spending the windfall you create by said thriftiness, discussing cheapskates or thriftiness (which aren't the same thing for those not in the know) in a disparaging way can be distasteful for me.

I don't like reality shows either. But I may have a minor addiction to The Office. Lol.

• Actually, I take that back. That is their actual programming. The shows has just been renamed to reflect what they actually are.

• I just realized my remark may accidentally have a tone I didn't mean. I was just thinking out loud. I've taken no offense to discussing Extreme Cheapskates or thriftiness. I've enjoyed several of your posts @Mike403 and was happy to see you join this thread. I would enjoy getting off-topic even more.

• I never noticed it was on Tlc … I guess everything is not for everyone 🤷🏻‍♂️

My dad was very Frugal, my mom has always been very disciplined with budgeting / expenses / bills ect (in other words not frugal at all but knowing the importance of not falling into debt, Always saving & being overall balance) , I found value in both of them … & no my dad wasn’t cheap, just veryyyyyy frugal lol 😂 , but I understand what you mean & I know the distinction between both : )

Reality shows (depending what) are fun lol

• I do miss the older programming of TLC. And I will miss James Corden when he goes off the air. This is his last seaon of Late Late Show.

• @cuddles_ndream - They have taken over TV because they get high ratings and are cheap to produce(they don't need to hire big name actors). It's unfortunate.

• @achetocuddle the other day on Twitter I saw someone asked Elon Musk if he can buy TLC next & make it about leaning again lol I found it hilarious, it got a bunch of likes & retweets so I get it : )

@Mike403 you're right, reality tv has taken over everything from the cooking channel to the history channel & everything in between …. Not everything has to be a reality show, I guess MTV started it all with the real world & Vh1 took it to the Next level with Flava Flav lol

• @Flava Flav was amusing in his own way. I'm liking this nostalgia. And the Twitter remark to Elon Musk is really funny.

The first thing I saw when I got MTV was Culture Club singing Karma Chameleon. I thought "This channel is great". I'm not kidding.

• @Flava flav is here? 😯 I didn’t know he was a member of cuddle comforts , I could picture him cuddling with a clock 🕰 around his neck in Pj’s 😂

I used to love The real world! I wonder if they still do that show …. & I also loved a bunch of other reality shows I’m ashamed to mention 🤣

• [Deleted User]Saysoh (deleted user)

I live in Texas. I've seen it all.

• @Saysoh i saw your comment the other day how you love hoodies, but you’re in Texas so you have about 1 week to wear them 😅😂 that was funny & it made me wonder at the same time how hot it is there! 🥵

• [Deleted User]Saysoh (deleted user)

@cuddles_ndream

I bout seaters and hoodies for this winter and I only wore two. We're about collectively, almost 1k. However, I do sometimes turn that AC down so I can sleep in them. =P