Happy Pride Month, Everyone!!! 🌈🌈🌈

I just wanted to say hi and welcome to everyone under the Umbrella and to all our Allies. I hope everyone has a safe and fun Pride Month, the most colorful time of year! 🌈🌈🌈

Special shoutout to my bestie who had top surgery four weeks ago today! Love you! πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€

Β«1

Comments

• Awwwwwwww...... LOVE THIS!!! @TheGentleReina Welcome to the Community!! And as always.... May the Cuddle Gods Be EVER in YOUR Favor!!! πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ€ŽπŸ’—πŸ’–

• @sillysassy, thanks for the additions!

• Happy Pride!!! πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ

• Happy pride πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ love is love!

• This gay man thanks you for your Pride Month greetings and wishes! I often β€œpass” as straight, or at least people assume I’m straight, but I almost always make it a point to come out to them, such as correcting β€œyour wife” (when they notice my wedding ring) to β€œmy husband.” Coming out is a never ending process! Here’s love to all who have diverse sexual orientations and gender identitiesβ€” and their allies! πŸ€ŸπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ€

• Nurturingman, I love your comment! I'm non binary and every time I meet someone new that might be meaningful to my life I have to come out as not a women. Before I let ppl assume what they wanted about my gender but I realized that the people who truly care about me would respect my pronouns and gender identity

• Oh, thank you for the reminder.

There used to be a saying, β€œDon’t assume I’m straight and I won’t assume that you’re gay.”

I generally don’t talk about my intimate life unless it happens to be relevant to the conversation. It’s been diverse.

In 1972 I was 19 years old and sharing an apartment with three gay men. One owned a small, eclectic book store that was a hub for the gay community. Our apartment phone was the phone number for the first gay/lesbian hotline in St. Louis. I feel fortunate to have landed in just the right place at the right time. Maybe I’ll tell a bit of that story later.

• I was once called a homophobe because I ate at Chick-Fil-A. Like I care what their beliefs are. They just have good chicken.

• Happy pride month everyone. This will be my first year where I am at least partially out. My experience here has been so great, thank you everyone for making me feel safe and welcome.

• @nurturingman That's funny, I have a similar experience in our small, very conservative town...everyone assumes my boyfriend and I are married. At first I let the "wife" references slide, fearing the churchgoers, especially, might be judgemental that we live together, but now I politely correct them that I'm his girlfriend. Thankfully, there has been no backlash...just surprise, and, most ironically, forgetfulness. The same people will continue referring to me as his wife even after they already know we're not married. 🀣

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @Mike403, some potentially helpful advice:

If you're concerned about being seen as a bad person because you give money to a company run by people who want everyone who isn't cishet to stop existing, and use the money you give them to do things that hurt us....

...Just donate an equal amount of money to a pro-LGBT+ charity every time you give money to Chick-fil-A, and balance that moral negative with a moral positive!

• edited June 2022

Happy Pride! πŸŒˆπŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ€ŽπŸ–€ 🌈

• Happy pride month! I’m only out to a few friends, and now the cuddle community! I’m thinking this might be the year I come out to my family😬
    we’re not very close anyways but it’s nerve wrecking as they are all pretty set in their ways. They still make comments and β€œjokes” about the πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ community.

• Happy happy, friends!

• [Deleted User]Btown (deleted user)

@applepie55 Stay strong and lean on those friends for support. You can do it. Best wishes.

• edited June 2022

Cause I'm proud to be an American. πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ

• @Btown thank you! I will!
    Love to all y’all! β€οΈπŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ€ŽπŸ–€πŸ€

• Part of the gift of age is that I'm able to see the differences in how folks are treated and viewed over time . For example, one of my childhood friends was disowned by his father when he came out as gay. Sad case because his father raised him as a single parent and they always had such a great relationship before that. My son is bi, though his 2 most important long term relationships have been with trans female to male so I'm sure his identity prob falls somewhere outside of simply being bi but I dont know all the terms that the kids are using these days . I am just so glad that he and his LGBTQ community/family have gained a level of acceptance and normalcy that my generation struggled to have. I by no means am saying the struggle no longer exists . It likely always will exist to an extent. I am just happy to see the struggle being less than what my friends and family experienced, and that he will never know the heartbreak of his family turning against him because of who and how he loves. His grandmother, aunts , uncles, cousins, and myself have never given him a reason to believe that what he does and how he lives is anything less than just fine.

• edited June 2022

Anita Bryant is 82 and I believe this thread could be the cause of her demise if she read it.

It would make a great β€œAutopsy” episode.

• edited June 2022

Happy Pride Month to everyone with an ounce of toleration and empathy.

• Happy pride!!!!!

• Happy Pride Month

• β€πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œ happy pride month!!!!!! β€πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œ

• edited June 2022

Happy Pride everyone!!! Where my aces at?! πŸ˜ŠπŸ’“

@applepie55 my family still makes those kinds of "jokes" too. Even as some minds never change, the world still does. Stay powerful!

• Happy happy pride, everyone!

• edited June 2022

Celebrating love, acceptance and belonging!! πŸ«‚πŸ€— I am grateful for everyone of you ❀️ 🧑 πŸ’› πŸ’š πŸ’™ πŸ’œ 🀎 πŸ–€ 🀍

• Happy Pride, y’all! I love us πŸ€—πŸŒˆ

• Happy pride month πŸ₯³πŸŒˆ